The Vegetarians/Vegans of ICF

Cricketics

^ How is 3) a bullshit. I don't eat meat(eggiterian)' date=' but I think as far as Protein is concerned, it pwns veggie food by a mile and Protein is definitely the most precious nutrient.[/quote'] Have you heard of Tofu? and so are most Dals a rich source of protein.They are a much healthier source of protein than White or Red meat(which is bad for you anyways)

^^ I am not sure about this, but I have read, apart from Milk, almost no veg food is complete in Protein. It always lacks some important amino acids. Hence when body requires rebuilding of Protein from amino acids, it won't be able to do that properly. Agree on red meat being harmful though.

Beef :puke: there was this phase when I wanted to become a muscle-head when I was a teen,so I wanted to start eating Kalyani Biryani(Beef Biryani for Hyderabadis). The first day I took the parcel home,I found a leg piece and the bone was so big and dense,Who knows it could have been anything :fear:,I threw up and that was it for me.

^^ I am not sure about this, but I have read, apart from Milk, almost no veg food is complete in Protein. It always lacks some important amino acids. Hence when body requires rebuilding of Protein from amino acids, it won't be able to do that properly. Agree on red meat being harmful though.
Number here is my take on it....for a day to day normal health life-style you don't need that amount of extensive proteins to survive,Infact Vegetarian food is a healthy alternative for most. For an athlete maybe back in the day,that might have been true but there are so many substitues now-Taking about healthy Supplements here...that People don't have to resort to eating meat....As I said it is subjective. I remember Srinath who was a Bhramin started eating meat due to his shoulder problems back in the day,In scenarios like that may be it's ok,But from the 90's to now,a lot of consciousness has evolved about vegetarianism and there are other healthier alternatives. I am not preaching to anyone here,Just saying :dontknow:

^Dude, meat eaters have more to worry about their diet as it relates to a healthy life than vegetarians. There a zillion studies linking various diseases with red meat and yet to read one that says lack of Protein in vegetarian diet could lead to any specific medical condition and Protein in a vegetarian diet is easily adjusted as needed with lentils and beans and Tofu. Ofc too much Tofu is also not good for health, but overall Vegetarians are on the better side of a healthy life than meat eaters.

It is disgusting for most vegetarians because.....Compare the Kitchens that cook Non-Veg food to Vegetarian Kitchens. The Smell and just the over all ambience is disgusting.I might be sterotyping from what I have seen but beleive me I have.
Smell? Apart from fish, fresh meat doesn't 'smell bad'. And when its cooked, the 'smell' is spread by the ingredients, not the meat. And it smells grrreeeat ! Chop some cabbage or raddish and place it next to chunk of meat for 10 minutes and tell me which one smells horrible.

Talking about arrogance' date=' do check the other 'Eating' thread where your lot expressed their disgust towards the food we eat. :cantstop:[/quote'] Everyone knows (apart from you for some odd reason) that I was just playing around when I make the :sick: smiley. Don't know why you are getting agitated for no reason

Smell? Apart from fish, fresh meat doesn't 'smell bad'. And when its cooked, the 'smell' is spread by the ingredients, not the meat. And it smells grrreeeat ! Chop some cabbage or raddish and place it next to chunk of meat for 10 minutes and tell me which one smells horrible.
Not just Fish or raw materials,The added Masala and other ingredients that go in making a Non-Veg Dish makes the smell pretty bad especially after the dish is prepared,There is a lingering after-smell. You dont get that with Veggie cooking.That is why there is a reason Non-Veg Kitchens have a certain smell to them.

Not just Fish or raw materials,The added Masala and other ingredients that go in making a Non-Veg Dish makes the smell pretty bad especially after the dish is prepared,There is a lingering after-smell. You dont get that with Veggie cooking.That is why there is a reason Non-Veg Kitchens have a certain smell to them.
Actually you do get some sort of bad smell from certaing vegetables like Cauliflower, sprouts, etc but its not nearly as bad as meat. Not even close. Especially eggs sometimes.

Talking about arrogance' date=' do check the other 'Eating' thread where your lot expressed their disgust towards the food we eat. :cantstop:[/quote'] So you're no different ? Agreed ? Here's an experiment: Since the vegetarian diet is so damn pathetic that "its difficult to eat, forget about filling tummy" & "it tastes 200 times better", you should remove all plant based ingredients in your dishes, includes the spices, herbs, ginger, garlic, lime, onions, rice, bread/roti the lot. I'll stick to my plant based diet, will give up milk, I can live on soy drinks no problem. Tell me how well your pure non-veg experience goes :nice: