The Vegetarians/Vegans of ICF

Cricketics

Veg here ..but I cook so much non veg for my two "maskattas":(( Hubby will eat anything cooked ...little one will eat even centipedes and frogs if I don't keep my eyes on her 24/7. She looks at pigs and runs after them saying...Pork...pork!!!
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

This is a genuine question and not an attempt to troll at vegetarians - recently some scientists were able to produce a burger from cells - obviously no animal torture. Will you eat that or at least try it out, ignoring its prohibitive cost currently?
No

May I ask why? If its your personal belief that's fine and well respected' date=' but certainly the rationale of animal torture cannot be applied to it.[/quote'] It's too expensive. Not only that, but I don't think it's safe. At least not yet. Nothing to do with my personal beliefs and my personal beliefs does not prevent me from eating anything.

It's too expensive. Not only that' date=' but I don't think it's safe. At least not yet. Nothing to do with my personal beliefs and my personal beliefs does not prevent me from eating anything.[/quote'] Ignore the expense and safety factor, maybe in 30 years it will be cheap and safe.

Ignore the expense and safety factor' date=' maybe in 30 years it will be cheap and safe.[/quote'] I can ignore the expense factor but not the safety factor :nono: ( and that includes whatever I eat in Vegetarian or not). Safety comes first :agree:

Ignore the expense and safety factor' date=' maybe in 30 years it will be cheap and safe.[/quote'] IMO, it won't take that long..and I hope so. But yes, back to vegetarians - what would you pick between these: a) meat grown in labs? b) potatoes harvested from cows?

IMO' date=' [b']it won't take that long..and I hope so. But yes, back to vegetarians - what would you pick between these: a) meat grown in labs? b) potatoes harvested from cows?
Quality control is going to be a *****. I wonder how six sigma (or such) will be implemented. Frankly, anything less than 100% and this type of meat ain't hitting your supermarkets. People will be up in arms as is. There will be all sorts of efforts from meat industry to make sure lab meat is a failure.