PCB vs Chris Broad

top stuff Broad... p.orkis were praising him yday for savin this umpire... and now they gonna bash him..http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakvsl/content/current/story/393411.html :giggle:
Security 'left us to be sitting ducks' claims Broad Chris Broad: 'We were promised high level security and in our hour of need that security vanished. There was not a sign of a policeman anywhere' © PA Photos Broad, who was the ICC's match referee for the Test between Pakistan and Sri Lanka in the city, accused the Pakistani authorities of leaving match officials as "sitting ducks" and claiming that players and officials arriving for the Test were not offered sufficient protection despite assurances given by the Pakistan board. "I'm angry with the Pakistani security forces," Broad said. "We were promised high level security and in our hour of need that security vanished. There was not a sign of a policeman anywhere. They had clearly gone, left the scene and left us to be sitting ducks." Broad's claims that he had flagged concerns about the security before the start of the series will raise issues. "I raised my concerns with the ICC before the tour started and they passed on those concerns to the Pakistan board. They assured me through e-mail that all security would be taken care of, presidential-style security. And clearly that didn't happen. "When we were in the van we weren't aware of what was going on outside. But after the incident when you watch the TV pictures you can clearly see the white van we were in, next to the ambulance in the middle of a roundabout, with terrorists shooting into our van and past our van and not a sign of a policeman anywhere." Broad went on to say that some of the security forces fled when the shooting started. "At some stage … someone opened the door of the van and an elite policeman threw himself inside and lay on top of me. That wasn't particularly brave. When the shooting stopped, I shouted at him to drive us away but he said: 'I don't drive.'" "Ijaz Butt, the chairman [of the PCB] has come out and said that friends will come to Pakistan but I don't think they have any friends in world cricket that will go to Pakistan after this has happened. Sri Lanka were a friendly country - they wanted to go, they wanted to support Pakistan. I don't think they will be going back and certainly India, Australia, England, New Zealand, South Africa won't be keen." © Cricinfo
Damn, if that's the kind of security provided then no wonder teams don't want to tour Pak.

David Leggat : Delivering a kick in the Butt Does cricket possess a worse administrator than Pakistan's board chairman Ijaz Butt?There are a few contenders for this award.Giles "I'm Going Nowhere" Clarke - England and Wales Cricket Board chairman and shonky Texan Allen... More... David Leggat: Delivering a kick in the Butt 4:00AM Saturday Mar 07, 2009 By David Leggat Does cricket possess a worse administrator than Pakistan's board chairman Ijaz Butt? There are a few contenders for this award. Giles "I'm Going Nowhere" Clarke - England and Wales Cricket Board chairman and shonky Texan Allen Stanford's bedmate - leaps to mind, and don't get started on the rogues running Zimbabwe cricket. However, considering the sensitivity of events in the wake of the Lahore terrorist attack this week, Butt takes the lamb kebab for his ham-fisted outburst at match referee Chris Broad. Broad, to quickly recap, was lying flat in the van at the Lahore roundabout as security police were gunned down around him and gunmen took potshots at him, the umpires and the Sri Lankan team. One policeman played dead beside the van and another hid behind nearby shrubbery until danger passed. So Broad let rip at the Pakistan administrators over the appalling lack of protection for the team and match officials. He is on rock solid ground, in practical terms of what happened during the incident - he was, after all, front and centre when the bullets were flying - and from the perspective that the outcome shows there can be no argument that he is right. Reverting to his days as an England opener, he planted his front foot forward and swung hard. But Butt - and that's the spluttering sound the Pakistan boss was making yesterday - wasn't having any of that. Broad, he said was making false statements, "big lies" and "obnoxious comments". There were policemen present, he said because six of them were killed. Ergo, the players and officials were being protected, seemed the nub of Butt's response. "So if someone is complaining about just a scratch, then it is very sad," Butt said, presumably aiming that piece of ire at Broad. Has there ever been a more wrong-headed reading of a major incident surrounding a sports team? How could a senior administrator put both feet knee deep into an issue where sensitivity would have seemed essential? It may be that Butt felt his country's security forces needed some verbal support in a time of stress. Or it could be that in terms of possessing a skerrick of diplomacy in his veins, he's on a par with a goat. Butt has said the Pakistan board would lodge a formal protest with the International Cricket Council against Broad. This, you would think, is not the time for Pakistan chests to be puffed out at perceived injured pride. Better to pull his head in and see how investigations into the incident unfold and wait for the ICC to do the right thing. And that's simple: they must beef up security for all teams. No half measures. International players' body Fica and its local operators around the globe at times sound like a broken record with demands for action on behalf of their members. On this, they are right and the sooner the ICC come up with a coherent, all-embracing plan the better. Some countries have security advisers; others don't. India does not have a players association. Having all countries reading from the same script would be a start. Butt played eight tests for Pakistan. His profile describes his batting as dependable and his wicketkeeping as capable. He seems to have carried neither trait into his latest position.

PCB vs Chris Broad Ijaz Butt has already attacked Broad NOW.... Younis Khan demands strict ICC action against Broad http://cricketnext.in.com/news/younis-demands-strict-icc-action-against-broad/38861-13.html Miandad demands life ban for outspoken Broad http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/mar/06/miandad-broad-ban-lahore Why don't they complain about anyone else who criticised security His story does match up from the video, what are these Paki's getting so worked up about I hate Broad as much as the next person, but I don't see anything wrong in what he has said Pakistan seem to want everyone to praise Pakistan for putting their lives at risk

Poor Broad, this is what he gets for risking his life and traveling to Pakistan. Not only is he fired upon by terrorists, he is now attacked by the very same people for whom he did a big favor by traveling to their country in the first place.