Gautam Gambhir in NEW ZEALAND - tour diary

Tihs thread will track GG in New Zealand - so far he has had a really poor tour in the last 5 matches (3 ODIs and 2 T20s). [ONE odi - i think he did not bat] This is an important tour for GG - esp. when the Tests come , but even ODIs he has to prove the big knock is still possible in varied pitches in the remaining 2 ODIs. The "dab" down to third man is already proving costly in couple of matches, and he has stepped out down the track, to fast bowlers only to miss them or to defend . Thread will track other matches for GG in NZ.

i think he looked good in 2nd Odi. it's just that the situation demanded him to go for big shots in the 2nd game after we came to bat again when rain stopped. and hence he got out later. this game he had this brainfart today. I hope he plays the next 2 games too. India needs him. NZ conditions are no way distracting his performance. You can see him play some fine shots here n there.

Bookmarked to bump when there's a good sized portion of crow to dish out.
lulz - this thread is not saying GG is a poor player. He has had a poor start to the tour, and jury is still out on the NZ tour perf. This is tracking it, not to belittle GG. You dont need to bump this. I will myself be bumping this thread after almost every match - no matter good, bad or ugly that GG performs. I hope he does well in the tour esp in Tests where we just seem to have a settled opening pair.
lulz - this thread is not saying GG is a poor player. He has had a poor start to the tour' date=' and jury is still out on the NZ tour [b']perf. This is tracking it, not to belittle GG. You dont need to bump this. I will myself be bumping this thread after almost every match - no matter good, bad or ugly that GG performs. I hope he does well in the tour esp in Tests where we just seem to have a settled opening pair.
:hysterical: i love that word when you say it.
its fineleg was banned gambhir has just 2 bad odis & ppl start hating him & say he will flop :omg gambhir will hit a big 100 in this odi series
:finger: Take reading comprehension course in delhi university :yawn2: - go read the OP again We all hope GG will do well.
Finey' date=' you ask for at least 2-3 players to be sacked after every game not with standing the result. India will need to carry 40 men squad if you were to become the BCCI chief :winky:[/quote'] Ravi, No, I'd like GG and VS to continue for a long time, not suggesting GG be dropped.

Gambhir's dab to 3rd man Its a good scoring area for him, but it has brought his downfall way too many times. He needs to cut that out a bit. The opposition usually have a fielder at 3rd man for him, so even if he plays it well he's only going to get 1 (2 if played really well) He's really messing up himself

With Gambhir, I dont think he is in the right mental space - cant fathom wats the cause for that tho. He is usually such a relaxed aggressor. Everything is calculated. He comes down the wicket with his head very still and picks his spot with no fuss. He is never hurried in his shots. But, now he is very very awkward at the crease. Maybe opening with Sehwag will help him in the next coupla matches. I am very sure that he is not overwhelmed by the conditions. It is something else.

Its a high risk, low reward shot that every ex-player consistently complains about but every current player loves to play Must be like a highly seducive girlfriend that every guy knows can never be a wife but wants to hang on to for another day!!!