ICC One-Day Rankings - Predictor

goose

The ranking obviously does not present the picture quite perfectly. According to the ranking, NZ is below India and hence beating them does not award us as too many points. But in reality, we should be getting a lot more points for beating NZ in NZ. BTW its the same NZ team who almost beat Australia in Australia.

The ranking obviously does not present the picture quite perfectly. According to the ranking, NZ is below India and hence beating them does not award us as too many points. But in reality, we should be getting a lot more points for beating NZ in NZ. BTW its the same NZ team who almost beat Australia in Australia.
i thought you get more points if you beat a team at its home ground.:((

Lets not get too obsessed with these meaningless ranking charts and decimal points. Lets just the focus on the real thing – The way we feel about our team. And I am sure no Indian fan who’s been following Indian cricket for a meaningful period of time will deny that no other Indian team has made him/her feel more proud. And that is what really counts in the end. :two_thumbs_up:

Lets not get too obsessed with these meaningless ranking charts and decimal points. Lets just the focus on the real thing – The way we feel about our team. And I am sure no Indian fan who’s been following Indian cricket for a meaningful period of time will deny that no other Indian team has made him/her feel more proud. And that is what really counts in the end. :two_thumbs_up:
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:
:zoomzoom::zoomzoom::zoomzoom::zoomzoom::zoomzoom::zoomzoom::zoomzoom::zoomzoom:
And I am sure no Indian fan who’s been following Indian cricket for a meaningful period of time will deny that no other Indian team has made him/her feel more proud.
Damn the double negatives.. I have followed Indian team since the 70s. I cannot say for sure, but I have felt more proud in 1983 and 2003, or even in 2001. May be I will feel more proud in 2011.

I like this ranking.... It gives due importance to your current performance but it also keeps track of your past 2 years with due weightage. So 2 years in the past count relatively little. 1 year in the past counts about half and the current year (or 12 months) count 100%. So if we are doing fine in this year, better than other teams then we will ahve maximum impact but our past two years average performance is impacting the final tally.

:isalute: :yayru::yayru::yayru::yayru::yayru::yayru::yayru::yayru::yayru::yayru: