Dhoni's "Game" Strategy

kirtan

In this match, MI vs CSK, I think a captain should know his players. Badrinath is kind of player who needs some time to settle down and he is not a kind of guy who scores at a s/r of 200. When 2 wickets were down, and run rate is not greater than 8, its perfect time to send badri to bat. But he reserved (or dumped) Badri until all big hitters, (Freddi, Oram and Dhoni himself) got out. From session one he is selecting badrinath in playing 11 and dumping him and sending him to bat at no. 7. Still Badri has s/r 150 and 5 not outs out of 11 matches. OR Mr.Dhoni wants to prove that freddi is not worth 1.55M$? Thanks Mr. India's great captain.

Hmm, dissesion in the Chooza ranks. :boxing: It seems Captain Dhoni does have something against true blue Madrasi Badri. :sherlock: In the final last year, I remember Dhoni promoting Pappugedara ahead of Badri. What a master stroke that turned out to be. :cantstop:

Hmm, dissesion in the Chooza ranks. :boxing: It seems Captain Dhoni does have something against true blue Madrasi Badri. :sherlock: In the final last year, I remember Dhoni promoting Pappugedara ahead of Badri. What a master stroke that turned out to be. :cantstop:
Maybe next time he will promote R Ashwin:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

In this match, MI vs CSK, I think a captain should know his players. Badrinath is kind of player who needs some time to settle down and he is not a kind of guy who scores at a s/r of 200. When 2 wickets were down, and run rate is not greater than 8, its perfect time to send badri to bat. But he reserved (or dumped) Badri until all big hitters, (Freddi, Oram and Dhoni himself) got out. From session one he is selecting badrinath in playing 11 and dumping him and sending him to bat at no. 7. Still Badri has s/r 150 and 5 not outs out of 11 matches. OR Mr.Dhoni wants to prove that freddi is not worth 1.55M$? Thanks Mr. India's great captain.
:king:

Wasn't there some controversy over that? Apparently that was Keppler Wessel's decision. Dhoni was batting at the time and he was expecting Badrinath to walk in instead of Kapugedara.

Wasn't there some controversy over that? Apparently that was Keppler Wessel's decision. Dhoni was batting at the time and he was expecting Badrinath to walk in instead of Kapugedara.
It's obvious that Dhoni is dumping Badrinath in IPL and in selecting Indian Team. If Srikanth can select M Vijay, Dinesh Karthik and L Balaji why can't he select Badrinath? It's all known agreement between Dhoni and Srikanth. Last time CSK won 9 matches and loose 7 matches, this time it will be vice versa or even worse. Being a Tamilan myself, I just hate CSK team. :banghead:

It's obvious that Dhoni is dumping Badrinath in IPL and in selecting Indian Team. If Srikanth can select M Vijay, Dinesh Karthik and L Balaji why can't he select Badrinath? It's all known agreement between Dhoni and Srikanth. Last time CSK won 9 matches and loose 7 matches, this time it will be vice versa or even worse. Being a Tamilan myself, I just hate CSK team. :banghead:
I'm just wondering - is your name Hari Sampath, by any chance?

where do u guys come from :dontknow: u guys talk as if u know everything about cricket and strategies..the captain of CSK is the captain of the Indian cricket team and has been chosen as the captain of the wisden team for last year but here u are coming and saying that he is doing this he is doing that..i am from chennai myself and why the heck shd MSD undermine Badri..Badri isint a great talent in the first place so what is the reason behind all this MSD hating Badri stuff..man get a life and just watch the game..some days he does get the decisions wrong but pls stop opening ridiculous threads like these..and pls stop portraying Badri as the next big thing or something..he is a decent player thats abt it

where do u guys come from :dontknow: u guys talk as if u know everything about cricket and strategies..the captain of CSK is the captain of the Indian cricket team and has been chosen as the captain of the wisden team for last year but here u are coming and saying that he is doing this he is doing that..i am from chennai myself and why the heck shd MSD undermine Badri..Badri isint a great talent in the first place so what is the reason behind all this MSD hating Badri stuff..man get a life and just watch the game..some days he does get the decisions wrong but pls stop opening ridiculous threads like these..and pls stop portraying Badri as the next big thing or something..he is a decent player thats abt it
good post

Even in last IPL, MSD underutilized Badrinath. He does need some time to play a good knock, so if he is in the 11, MSD should send him up the order. Playing Pappugedera before Badri was a really stupid decision in the last IPL :angry_smile: