Who let Rameez Raja in?

Gambit

See the brighter side of things.. Atleast they didnt let in Waqar 'There-was-a-nick-I-heard-it-in-my-ear' Younis or Zaheer 'Good-running-taken-there-by-Zimbabwe' Abbas. :D
but why are any Pakistani commentators needed.. it is an Indian league and Pameez is boring .. check all the other commentators including Danny Morrison, Simon Doull and others.. . they are enjoying and not making it boring but Pameez is making it boring .. no Paki commentators were needed especially this year

See the brighter side of things.. Atleast they didnt let in Waqar 'There-was-a-nick-I-heard-it-in-my-ear' Younis or Zaheer 'Good-running-taken-there-by-Zimbabwe' Abbas. :D
I agree , it was an AXXXCE-LANT decesion not to hire Bushi bhai and Beqar Younis 57_UJZZjhmM

but why are any Pakistani commentators needed.. it is an Indian league and Pameez is boring .. check all the other commentators including Danny Morrison' date=' Simon Doull and others.. . they are enjoying and not making it boring but Pameez is making it boring .. no Paki commentators were needed especially this year[/quote'] I think it’s a marketing strategy more than anything else. Zero participation from Pakistanis may affect viewership of IPL in Pakistan, which represents a significant portion of the global cricket watching audience. Maybe the telecasters got feedback from the TRP agencies that viewership is Pakistani has been significantly lesser when compared to last year and they’re probably trying to address this issue. Having a Pakistani voice on air may persuade more Pakistanis to tune in, into the telecast.

I think it’s a marketing strategy more than anything else. Zero participation from Pakistanis may affect viewership of IPL in Pakistan' date=' which represents a significant portion of the global cricket watching audience. Maybe the telecasters got feedback from the TRP agencies that viewership is Pakistani has been significantly lesser when compared to last year and they’re probably trying to address this issue. Having a Pakistani voice on air may persuade more Pakistanis to tune in, into the telecast.[/quote'] I dont know how it will benefit IPL viewership in Pakistan but I am sure that if Pameez tries to drag in Pakistan and goes on his boring crap commentary for a few more matches then viewership will surely drop in India :giggle:

Today during the game, pommie mbangwa waas talkin about the 6up gamwe which was available for indian viewers. So as pommie mbangwa was explaining the game how people to predict each delivery of the over, so ramiz decided to poke his nose and said "if you are voting now for any over while bombay is batting, then you can easily say that each delivery of the over would be a dot ball." Even though iwas supporting delhi today, I was still frustrated to hear that and wanted to just beat that ramiz badly.

Today during the game' date=' pommie mbangwa waas talkin about the 6up gamwe which was available for indian viewers. So as pommie mbangwa was explaining the game how people to predict each delivery of the over, so ramiz decided to poke his nose and said "if you are voting now for any over while bombay is batting, then you can easily say that each delivery of the over would be a dot ball." Even though iwas supporting delhi today, I was still frustrated to hear that and wanted to just beat that ramiz badly.[/quote'] Who doesn't want to beat Ramiz Raja badly? The guy's an ass, and its all stop-gap commentary. I remember another India v. Pakistan game where he'd go: "the replay should be interesting because I THOT.." <80 minutes later> "that the ball might've hit him on the pad" - when it clearly hit him on the pad but he was jumping. (He = Sachin).

Who doesn't want to beat Ramiz Raja badly? The guy's an ass, and its all stop-gap commentary. I remember another India v. Pakistan game where he'd go: "the replay should be interesting because I THOT.." "that the ball might've hit him on the pad" - when it clearly hit him on the pad but he was jumping. (He = Sachin).
yep, also another thing i hate about him is the way he tries hard to be funny by calling Shiv Rama krishnan's name in a sick way.. He pretends to be funny, though he wants to make a fun of his name...

yep' date=' also another thing i hate about him is the way he tries hard to be funny by calling Shiv Rama krishnan's name in a sick way.. He pretends to be funny, though he wants to make a fun of his name...[/quote'] he is booring :yawn2: ... the excellent standard of enjoyable commentary set by Danny Morrison, Jeremy Coney, Simon Doull etc. has been destroyed by him .. he is especially pathetic when he is the roving commentator in the match .. he does nothing interesting while roaming but just sits at a place and says a few pathetic words :mad:

yep' date=' also another thing i hate about him is the way he tries hard to be funny by calling Shiv Rama krishnan's name in a sick way.. He pretends to be funny, though he wants to make a fun of his name...[/quote'] its not about just calling Laxman Shiv Rama krishnan SRK to be funny but the other day he was laughing at Danny Morrison .. he thinks he is funny but at times he is making fun of others. A joke here and there is fine but it seems like he thinks of himself as Jay Leno ...

This IPL has seen some of the decent commentators turn into jokers, First Shastri and now Raja. Pommie has been impressive though, hope to catch more of him with the SuperSport team in future SA matches.

I think Rameez's lounge is a funny program though.
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when I watched a few clips on youtube etc. A pretty informal, relaxed set up and given than the conversation is in Hindi/Punjabi we don't have to put up with Baja's forced attempts at humor in English.