Hope Dhoni saw my performance: Rohit Sharma

mister

We don't expect our cricketers to be machines, do we? Their personal life does not matter to me as long as they perform well for India. Rohit has been quite a long rope. I'm not against him. Just that maybe he needs to sort out his mental space by playing in the domestics or a county stint. Like how Raina did. He fell away from his place in the team when he first made an appearance, but now he seems to belong there, doesn't he?
Sure thing but you know Yuvraj Singh still isn't a permanent member in the team. On top of that you want players that work hard on their game. If they are successful despite their activities outside cricket that's fine but where are our best players? We still rely on Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Sehwag and the likes. Why isn't Yuvraj or Dhoni firing enough in test cricket. I can see Munaf, Ishant, Raina and the likes going Yuvraj way. Anyways that is for future to decide. Foremost it is cricket that gets them these special attention and the things that come with it. Without cricket the rest simply fade away, ask Kambli. You have to have good attitude and be able to put in hard work to succeed. I'll give you stats of few players below from their first few couple of years or three of playing, please try and name who they are if you can : Mat Runs HS Bat Av 100 Wkts BBI Bowl Av 5 Ct St filtered 65 1679 84 31.09 0 16 4/34 54.75 0 16 0 filtered 65 1709 107 31.64 1 0 - - 0 32 0 filtered 22 459 100 27.00 1 13 3/59 43.61 0 6 0 filtered 16 409 103 25.56 1 0 - - 0 6 0 I'm not against dropping players that aren't performing as you have to make way for players that are waiting in the ranks and have done well but you have to deal with some players quite differently. If you have ample proof a player is special you got to back him to the hilt as they did to the players whose stats are specified above.

I'll give you stats of few players below from their first few couple of years or three of playing, please try and name who they are if you can : Mat Runs HS Bat Av 100 Wkts BBI Bowl Av 5 Ct St filtered 65 1679 84 31.09 0 16 4/34 54.75 0 16 0 filtered 65 1709 107 31.64 1 0 - - 0 32 0 filtered 22 459 100 27.00 1 13 3/59 43.61 0 6 0 filtered 16 409 103 25.56 1 0 - - 0 6 0 I'm not against dropping players that aren't performing as you have to make way for players that are waiting in the ranks and have done well but you have to deal with some players quite differently. If you have ample proof a player is special you got to back him to the hilt as they did to the players whose stats are specified above.
I'll take a wild guess. :) Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Azhar? - not in any order... :nervous:

Rohit will continue to struggle in ODIs unless he learns the art of rotating the strike. So often he gets stuck on one end and goes for expensive shots very early in his innings to compensate for his inability to rotate the strike. Even in T20s he does the same thing. That's the biggest weakness he has at the moment, IMO.

i think rohit has started to think himself as an all rounder after that hat trick but perhaps he should know that it was just a fluke he got luckty that day so it doesnt mean that he has bcome an all rounder...he should concentrate on his batting coz more of bowling can result in a flopster in batting :giggle: hes a bowler who can be taken to the cleaners but it was just his day that he got a hat trick so dhoni saw that hat trick and i would still think he would prefer RAINA over ROHIT in bowling so :finger: @ ROHIT for thinking himself as an all rounder and saying rubbish things to the media if hes an all rounder than prove it by consistently taking wickets in tough situations...

I'll take a wild guess. :) Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Azhar? - not in any order... :nervous:
Not a bad guess. 4 guys that does a lot of scoring right now for India. Sachin, Dravid, Sehwag and Gambhir.

I second that..not trying to be the fanboy or something here but this is where Raina is a bit diffrent from these two.
:top: cant agree more not even the slightest of arrogance or pride seen in Raina:two_thumbs_up: A man of action rather than mere words and boastfulness.

As much as we go after Rohit.. i like to know the full conversation of this. Indian journalists are worst of the worst. They probably asked him "YOu think Dhoni watched the match"... he probably replied to that.
True.

As much as we go after Rohit.. i like to know the full conversation of this. Indian journalists are worst of the worst. They probably asked him "YOu think Dhoni watched the match"... he probably replied to that.
Very likely that is the case VVVSL

Raina boy is a gem of a character.. never whinged anything.... and Rohit shud b the last person asking for more opportunities, as Dhoni gave him a lot...
lol cant believe u people fell for this article .. arey yaar it seems like the article is made of specific answers to the questions asked ..:orderorder:

Rohit has had his chance, I wud like to see R Jadeja or A Nayar take his place. As far as Raina is concerned he has got a great attitude. For instance, when Yuvi called him pen thief or watever he just smiled off and carried on, that speaks volumes about the lad.:nice:

I think Rohit has more talent than Raina and has no real weakness but he keeps giving his wickets away in ridiculous ways and cant string together match winning innings like Raina has been doing recently.I really think Rohit is a better test prospect though.