The agent strikes back.

punjabi_khota

I can do all those things that Zaheer can: Nehra DURBAN: A waiter in the team hotel walks up to Ashish Nehra as he’s reclining on a sofa in the lobby. "You’re really bowling well, man. It’s like those old days," says the elderly gentleman, patting the Team Delhi pacer on the back. Nehra’s eyes light up. "You see, it’s not me but the others who are saying I’m bowling well. That’s what pleases me most. I feel so young again," Nehra says with a smile. It’s South Africa once again and Nehra is in the mood to go back in time. "Yes, you people remember me by my performances in the World Cup six years back, but let me tell you, I feel as good as I did in 2003. Everything’s coming back," Nehra says. He insists that swing is something that comes naturally to him. "That’s something I’ll never lose. It’s the pace that matters, but I can work up a decent pace any time I bowl," he adds. He feels that a pace bowler is at his best at 30. "So many things come with maturity. You learn different variations, you learn to get the yorker right. Then, the T20 format is here which has made me work on my game and I feel as good as I ever was," Nehra says. He is justified in some ways because the left-armer has been very good in the IPL so far, especially in tandem with Dirk Nannes. "Dirk can really be fast, I rely on swing. So even if we both are left-armers, it never becomes too predictable," Nehra says, talking about his IPL exploits so far. But somewhere down the line, it’s the desire to play for India once again that comes across. And the paceman makes it clear that his one-time opening partner Zaheer Khan is his role model in that aspect. "Look at Zaheer’s game, he used to bowl 140kmph easy when he came in. Now it’s a consistent 130kmph pace and those little variations here and there which are making him such a potent customer. And let me tell you, I, too, can do all those things that he can." There’s sheer conviction in Nehra’s voice. The lanky left-arm pacer believes that it’s the IPL that opens up so many avenues for players like him, who are not in the fray at the moment. "That’s the best thing about this tournament. Last year, (Manpreet) Gony got an opportunity as well out of nowhere just because he bowled in the IPL. RP (Singh) has got a World T20 call-up for the same reason. "I have every reason to keep my fingers crossed for the way I’ve been bowling," he adds. But with the Indian pace attack having a settled look about it, does he really fit in? "Where is the settled look you’re talking about?" Nehra snaps back. "Barring Zaheer and Ishant, nobody is a certainty. I won’t buy that Praveen Kumar, Munaf Patel, Irfan Pathan, Dhawal Kulkarni and L. Balaji are absolute certainties in the Indian team." Nehra is sincerely hoping that Team Delhi goes all the way, given the form they are in. "Everything has fallen in place for us. And if we do go on to make the final, the spotlight is bound to fall on me. And if I get five One-dayers, I can show what I am still capable of." Link: http://ipl.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/I-can-do-all-those-things-that-Zaheer-can-Nehra/articleshow/4522287.cms I think he deserves a chance. B->B->

I think he's an idiot if he thinks Zaheer cannot bowl at 140 kmph with his variations. Perhaps he doesn't watch international matches anymore. Zaheer hit 140+ speeds more times than Ishant did. And what is this attitude of dragging people down with you? "I won’t buy that Praveen Kumar, Munaf Patel, Irfan Pathan, Dhawal Kulkarni and L. Balaji are absolute certainties in the Indian team. " Praveen has been a part of the team since his exploits in Australia. Munaf has been more consistently been in the team. More importantly, they didn't curse at the now-captain of India :P

I doubt he can show the commitment zak has been showing over the last 2 years. Be it is bowling a negative line all day against Aussies at Nagpur with relentless accuracy or bowling 15 overs on the trot in NZ . That is where Zak's 2nd innings with India is different. He has become a total team man, some one you can look upto. If i am right he never wanted to play Tests. He just wanted to play ODIs.

I doubt he can show the commitment zak has been showing over the last 2 years. Be it is bowling a negative line all day against Aussies at Nagpur with relentless accuracy or bowling 15 overs on the trot in NZ . That is where Zak's 2nd innings with India is different. He has become a total team man' date=' some one you can look upto. If i am right he never wanted to play Tests. He just wanted to play ODIs.
Who? Nehra?

Aashish is no Zak' date=' he's not even close. Zak makes the ball talk, Aashish will make the captain who sets the field. :D[/quote'] :haha::haha: All Nehra can do is :alienbooty: and say ( tomhari b**n ko** )

Zak was lucky to have a contract with his county side in England. He bowled some remarkable spells there. also he was robbed of a 10fer in an innings, which would have been a record. Keeper dropped a sitter. That spell and that county stint announced the arrival of new ZAHEER

nehra is right zak can bowl a wide...........nehra can bowl wides zak oversteps seldom.............nehra bowls no ball regularly...:hysterical: zak can drop a catch and misfield once in 10 matches nehra can do the same 10 times in one match........:winky:

Zak has actually increased his pace..I have seen him hitting 140s occasionaly last year.... Nehra just doesnt have that X-factor in him..which a wicket-taking bowler has.... i dont think he can even scare a number 11 batsman.. though he can be a good bowler for India A team

nehra is right zak can bowl a wide...........nehra can bowl wides zak oversteps seldom.............nehra bowls no ball regularly...:hysterical: zak can drop a catch and misfield once in 10 matches nehra can do the same 10 times in one match........:winky:
:two_thumbs_up: