Thanks Dhoni for gifting BRC the win

King

I was expecting Raina to come at 3.. He would hav had Parthiv at the other end, and hence accelerated freely.. After Parthiv got out, there were 2 new batsmen at the crease. Either Dhoni shud hav switched gears or let Raina come at 3 to do what he has done throughout the IPL. Neither did happen, hence we lost. Needlest to say abt the team selection:wall:
Sad part is BRC outdid CSK in this area. THey never stopped attacking except against Murali. Probably that was a conscious effort. Even Dravid didn't stop .He got the combination wrong.

it was a pathetic innings.28 off 30 is unacceptable.if he wanted to have right-left combination,he could have sent Badri who was in some sort of nick.Raina was a perfect no.3. even his captaincy was baffling.why was Oram selected if he wasn't gonna bowl until very late?what was Balaji doing in the team?why was Tyagi left out?n wen u know Ross likes to hit on the leg side,u give the bowl to an offie:haha:

Reminded me of this match http://content.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/386535.html After Raina got out Dhoni/Rohit put on 9 runs in 3.2 overs against Bandara and jayasuriya and virtually killed the game for India. Requirement became 57 and in 29 balls. Yusuf/Irfan had to do the impossible. Don't give middle overs to Dhoni. That is the only way he will get rid of this habit.

I personally don't think he's an FTB. But nevertheless, his change of style in ODIs is also something the team has gained from. And I'd like to think that he's still capable of pulling off fast knocks but he'll definitely not do anything like the 183* just because I don't think he can. He's a different type of cricketer now.
Well the jury's still out. To be fair, series in SA, AUS, and WI was when he was a different batsmen. He had a good series in NZ, but even then the wickets were flat as pancakes. Outside off stump he's definitely got a huge problem, often slicing his drives. In any case Fineleg was just asking for him to be a bit more responsible in tests. Unfortunately he applied the same concept to T20, even when his team needs him to get going.

The thing is Dhoni is an extremely good percentage cricketer. . And also he had the least percentage of dot balls in this edition of IPL . He can get into a mode where nobody can get him out that easily. He generally gets stuck in that mode. Once he gets stuck in he finds it difficult to come out. It is ugly to see. But this works effectively in one dayers where little bit of cautiousness won't hurt your team. But in T20 it is going to hurt real bad if you eat few balls for 3 or 4 overs.

The thing is Dhoni is an extremely good percentage cricketer. . And also he had the least percentage of dot balls in this edition of IPL . He can get into a mode where nobody can get him out that easily. He generally gets stuck in that mode. Once he gets stuck in he finds it difficult to come out. It is ugly to see. But this works effectively in one dayers where little bit of cautiousness won't hurt your team. But in T20 it is going to hurt real bad if you eat few balls for 3 or 4 overs.
Excellent point.

Dhoni needs a good break from cricket. A good 1-2 months would help him loads in healing his back and get a good mind frame when playing shots. While I have tremendous respect towards him on making unique decisions that often payoff, this is one game where his innings was inexcusable if you see the context of the game. If he was afraid that the middle order would crumble, he should have taken Hussey over Oram to bolster the batting, or if he was afraid that exposing Raina too quickly and getting him out quickly would reduce the target to a 130-odd below-par score, he should have taken Ntini over Oram and Tyagi over Gony and taken Ashwin over Balaji. He made a gruesome mistake of miscalculating the game. When he stepped into the game of a single mindframe of "my bowling lineup except Murali sucks and so my batting has to click" half the battle was already lost before even the toss.

I was bloody scared Raina was going to come in at 3 but when CSK got off to a great start and when Hayden fell I was extremely happy knowing Dhoni was going to walk in at no.3. As usual he prodded around for too long' date=' slowed the run rate down and got out when it was required of him to score some quick runs. I'm not complaining as BRC fan, I'm quite happy. Thanks Dhoni for that and please don't bat before no.5 in the Twenty20 WC. :two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] For once, I agree with you.... Dhoni was the culprit for the Cheenai loss.. .. Dont know whats wrong with this guy... He used to be one heck of agressive batsman but now when he comes to bat, one is always worried about the run-rate.. He plays too slow by T20 standards... He really needs to reconsider his batting approach...

Dhoni needs a good break from cricket. A good 1-2 months would help him loads in healing his back and get a good mind frame when playing shots. While I have tremendous respect towards him on making unique decisions that often payoff, this is one game where his innings was inexcusable if you see the context of the game. If he was afraid that the middle order would crumble, he should have taken Hussey over Oram to bolster the batting, or if he was afraid that exposing Raina too quickly and getting him out quickly would reduce the target to a 130-odd below-par score, he should have taken Ntini over Oram and Tyagi over Gony and taken Ashwin over Balaji. He made a gruesome mistake of miscalculating the game. When he stepped into the game of a single mindframe of "my bowling lineup except Murali sucks and so my batting has to click" half the battle was already lost before even the toss.
Hope Dhoni back to his captaincy standards for the coming T20 WC. :pray:

That attitude really sucks...:angry_smile: :motz:I was irritated not even to CSK lose(against KKR) but that statement made by Dhoni(during presentation) really showed his other side