India vs NZ - Warm up game pics

DSC09315.jpg Ishant's bouncer to N McCullum DSC09321.jpg R Sharma gets off the mark with a lovely cover drive boundary DSC09326.jpg Gambhir cuts Franklin for 4 DSC09330.jpg R Sharma smashes O'Brien for six over mid-wicket DSC09333.jpg R Sharma picks O'Brien up for 6 over mid off DSC09347.jpg Dhoni walks past a Vettori delivery and gets stumped DSC09358.jpg Raina hits Vettori for a 2nd six DSC09365.jpg Raina hits a blistering cover drive on McCullum
Guest Hiten.

Jilka, wouldn't it be better if you post all the images on site like Picasa web albums in one folder ? Very nice quality, btw

Nice stuff PJ! Any chance you can also throw in a few anecdotes/highlights from the game and overall experience?
Errm, not really good with words as you could probably tell from my extremely short posts. Overall experience was pretty good, not the best experience when India lose, but it was a great laugh. The amount of people in the ground was really low, I expected a lot more. Most of the people were put into the Upper Compton stand, which is the stand I'm taking the pics from. We went early to catch part of the Netherlands and Ireland game and in the hope that we may get to see some Indian players hanging around, but we didn't :(( We saw NZ practising in the Nursery ground but not the Indian team. McCullum looks like a body builder, if you were ever wondering how he smashes those sixes, look at his arms here. DSC09246.jpg Some of the Kiwi batsmen were practising in the nets as they usually do, McCullum had a separate net where he was batting against a bowling machine and you know what he was practising? Coming down the track to smash the bowlers. If you saw the match, you'd have seen that practice helped. I guess the Indians didn't practice there because if they came out, they probably would have got mobbed and created a mini-riot. Jesse Ryder was standing on the side, waiting to go have a net, someone shouted, "Who ate all the pies? Who ate all the pies?" to poor Jesse, but he was cool about it and mouthed, "Not me" while waving his hands to suggest that. Anyways while watching the Ireland-Netherlands game which turned out to be bit of a thriller, they showed a shot of the Indian players on the balcony and even though there weren't that many Indian fans in the ground yet, we heard the biggest roar so far that day. We finally got to see the Indians warm up after the super over from the earlier game, while NZ got out on the pitch between the end of the ire-netherlands match and the super over they had. The players had a simple jog about and then the bowlers started bowling at one stump, only Ishant hit the stump in the few deliveries they had. Some of the others practised catching and Sehwag and Yuvraj done extra jogging. Once the match started, the atmosphere was awesome. Everything India did brought on a massive cheer, while NZ brought on a tiny cheer. We abused Ross Taylor and Ian Butler so bad and while Pakistan were not playing, there was a Pakistani steward who got abused. Ross Taylor was tucking his shirt into his trousers at the back and I shouted, "Pull your finger out of your ar$e", he turned and smiled lol Highlights of the day were Ross' sixes out of the ground on Ojha, such unbelievable hits, the ease with which he cleared the ground. Franklin smashing a six into the Indian balcony *ouch* Ishant coming good was a great thing to see, I could see that well, but WTF has he done to his hair? Rohit Sharma's batting was absolute class as well
Jesse Ryder was standing on the side' date=' waiting to go have a net, someone shouted, "Who ate all the pies? Who ate all the pies?" to poor Jesse, but he was cool about it and mouthed, "Not me" while waving his hands to suggest that.[/quote'] Heh, nice. I've found most of the NZ players I've met have a damn good sense of humour (Brooke Walker aside) and know how to respond pretty well to some friendly jibes. Great writeup. Do you mind if I copy it and some of these photos to our front page/articles site as well?
Heh, nice. I've found most of the NZ players I've met have a damn good sense of humour (Brooke Walker aside) and know how to respond pretty well to some friendly jibes. Great writeup. Do you mind if I copy it and some of these photos to our front page/articles site as well?
Not at all
Guest gaurav_indian

Really cool pictures.Kya mast stadium hai. @Sachinism tum match nahi dekhne gaye hotey toh india match jeet jaati.:((

Wow.. great pictures for a point and shoot. I was almost sure you are atleast using an entry level DSLR.
Oh how I wish, thats what I'm getting once I get a job If we weren't playing a team with hooligans for supporters, I would have borrowed an SLR from someone