Strokeless wonders of world cricket

Sidhu shot less? I think he is very underrated as a batsman. Shane Warne holds him in very high regard for his ability to play spin. He had brilliant footwork and was merciless on spinners.
I agree with you 100%. I was just answering vvvslaxman's question. I remember Sidhu being referred to as a strokeless wonder at the beginning. Of course, he proved quite a few people wrong after that.
What do the strokeless wonder means in this thread? one who had talent and wasted it or luckily had few good games or something else? Confusing thread.
Those who can't hit a single boundary to save their lives or those who won't hit ball with minimum force.
Wallace and strokeless wonder? Far from it. One of my enduring cricketing memories actually has Wallace as the main protagonist. It was an ODI match between West Indies and India (forgot where it was and when it exactly it took place). West Indies were batting first and Wallace was opening. Srinath had the new ball in his hand. He ran in for the first ball and landed a gentle half-volley outside off-stump. Normally, you’d expect an opener to tap it back to mid-off or, if you’re someone like Sehwag, flay it through covers for four. But Wallace put his foot down and absolutely SMACKED the ball over long-off for a first ball six! Generally, as a batsman, he wasn’t very consistent, but at one point in his career, he was VERY aggressive.
The match was a semifinal in the inaugural CT at Dhaka in 1998(SRT had killed OZ in the QFs making 141 and taking a 4fer). West Indies were chasing in this game.
The match was a semifinal in the inaugural CT at Dhaka in 1998(SRT had killed OZ in the QFs making 141 and taking a 4fer). West Indies were chasing in this game.
Oh O.K. Thanks for that. If I am right, we lost that match, didn’t we? We had a 240-250 ish score and I think the windies chased it easily.

Talking of Strokeless wonders, the case of Nasser Hussein is incredibly ironic. Today, as a commentator, he makes freewheeling comments about the inadequacies every batsman he comes across. But as a batsman, he was one of the most limited stroke-makers to have played as many matches as he managed. His ‘middle-finger’ celebration after reaching his 100 in the finals of the Natwest trophy in 2002 made it look as though he had reached the pinnacle of batting perfection, when the truth was quite the contrary. That he played as many matches as he did speaks more of the lack of quality batsman in English cricket during the 90’s and early 2000’s, rather than his own quality as a batsman.