Why the hell are people blaming Dravid ?

Cricketics

Tex1des' date=' I have a feeling that you first develop hate for something. Then you try to reason it by trying to find fault in all their actions, even if it is far-fetched and bordering on the ridiculous. This is not only in Dravid's case.[/quote'] itz more of a love hate relationship!! ( love for ganguly automatically brings hate for dravid!)
see dravid innings is a failure cuz , he batted has no3 and he batted right thru the innings but never was able to change his tempo of innings,unlike malik or yusuf who changed their tempo in later stages of innings and ended up with strike rate of nearly 100 . where as dravid's innings never took off, as premier batsman who is batting a no3 batting , he should have top gear in his arsnal otherwise chasing 300 plus when he is in one end will be always a uphill task becuase he just cant rotate strike nor find boundaries. As someone else pointed he took 103 balls for his 76 which means it put so much pressure on other batsman to go for the leather , chances of them getting out increases. Instead of dravid who was the main batsman who stayed at the crease today if it was gambhir, sachin, raina stayed as long he stayed india would have won.
dravid's innings never took off because he was loosing his batting partners at regular intervals!! younis and malik had a partnership of 206! i dont think so he shared a hundred run partnership with anyone. bhajji is biggest culprit for me....got dravid run out and bowled very badly! i guess he should stop playing against paki's in anyform of cricket nearly lost us the t20 finals to them too!
dravid's innings never took off because he was loosing his batting partners at regular intervals!! younis and malik had a partnership of 206! i dont think so he shared a hundred run partnership with anyone. bhajji is biggest culprit for me....got dravid run out and bowled very badly! i guess he should stop playing against paki's in anyform of cricket nearly lost us the t20 finals to them too!
He batted something like 35 overs, he's bound to lose partners
they didnt have 100 runs partnership cuz he was not pitching his worth in those partnerships. I agree he was not the main reason why india lost but he is one of them.
He batted something like 35 overs' date=' he's bound to lose partners[/quote'] he is bound loose partners right but not every batsman that is in the side! india needed 6.7 run per over when bhajji came on to bat if one of the batters would have batted with him controled agression Aka pathan,dhoni or kohli we would have won! there are certain expectation from a player u cant expect a yuvraj from dravid.
Just swap it. India kept losing wickets because Dravid innings never took off. It puts enormous pressure on others to maintain a Run rate close to 7 an over. One batsman cannot do. Period. Both have to go hell for leather.
Just swap it. India kept losing wickets because Dravid innings never took off. It puts enormous pressure on others to maintain a Run rate close to 7 an over. One batsman cannot do. Period. Both have to go hell for leather.
Dude your reactions are bordering on hate for Dravid. Dravid was on 14(28) when GG got out and he ended up being 76(103)...that's 62(75) which is pretty good given that when GG got out we still needed 6 an over and that Pakistani bowlers were giving way too many extras. Apart from that, Dravid took close to 35(55) balls from Afridi and Ajmal on a spinning pitch and the rest of the Indian batsmen also did the same except that 3 of them got out to the duo (and 2 of them needlessly). None of the batsmen got out because of pressure...Dhoni was trying to nudge around and got out. Virat tried to hit a six when the required R/R was 6 an over. Raina got an awesome delivery...he was just trying to defend it. Pathan showed inept technique. RD can only be blamed for his running (and GG would have been in had he dived. In fact GG has the same annoying habit as Dravid of starting off and then saying no). The only thing I'd say is that if SRT and GG build a partnership maybe MSD/Virat can come at 3 (maybe Raina too if the openers have an awesome partnership). But, if not then I am not sure. It depends on the form MSD and Virat are displaying on the nets. RD would still be a safe option. Other than that got to get Mishra and Nayar in, in place of YP and RPS.

the last time we didn't chase 300...I did place some blame on Dravid for struggling to keep scoring while Tendulkar was in cruise control at the other end. Today though the RRR was always in reach and Dravid did a great job by batting through the innings and keeping Pakistan at bay. Dravid is still a very big asset and will come through for us in pressure situations.

Bunny, Dravid was one of the main culprit in allowing the spinners to settle down. First 5 overs from Afridi cost a mere 14 runs which was unforgivable. Dravid faced 5.2 overs from Afridi alone made a paltry 20 runs.He will remain not out by outscoring others which would be pretty much useless. Look i am not his hater. I am a huge fan of Dravid. But not in this format at this stage of his career. It hurts us more than helps. There was an unpredictability about our line up without Dravid. Teams now know what pace Dravid will go at. All they have to do is putting pressure at other end. He is remotely dangerous to opposition. His stay is hardly going to hurt them.

Bunny, Dravid was one of the main culprit in allowing the spinners to settle down. First 5 overs from Afridi cost a mere 14 runs which was unforgivable. Dravid faced 5.2 overs from Afridi alone made a paltry 20 runs.He will remain not out by outscoring others which would be pretty much useless. Look i am not his hater. I am a huge fan of Dravid. But not in this format at this stage of his career. It hurts us more than helps. There was an unpredictability about our line up without Dravid. Teams now know what pace Dravid will go at. All they have to do is putting pressure at other end. He is remotely dangerous to opposition. His stay is hardly going to hurt them.
But we never needed any batsmen to take risks. Raina played a blinder but after hitting a couple of fours, he was actually losing focus and trying to finish too early. If Kohli had played an RD like innings and scored 50(65), we would have needed close to 75 off 10 overs with 8 wickets remaining from where India would clearly have been the favorites. If India had needed 330 or something and Dravid played the innings like he played today I'd have blamed him, but not once in the match was the pressure really on the batsmen to accelerate big time. It was a spinning pitch and the spinners were bound to settle down. I cant understand why you would blame Dravid when rest of the batsmen (i.e. Virat, Dhoni and Raina) combined to score a single 4 off Afridi and Ajmal, and the 3 got out to them as well.
Dude your reactions are bordering on hate for Dravid. Dravid was on 14(28) when GG got out and he ended up being 76(103)...that's 62(75) which is pretty good given that when GG got out we still needed 6 an over and that Pakistani bowlers were giving way too many extras. Apart from that, Dravid took close to 35(55) balls from Afridi and Ajmal on a spinning pitch and the rest of the Indian batsmen also did the same except that 3 of them got out to the duo (and 2 of them needlessly). None of the batsmen got out because of pressure...Dhoni was trying to nudge around and got out. Virat tried to hit a six when the required R/R was 6 an over. Raina got an awesome delivery...he was just trying to defend it. Pathan showed inept technique. RD can only be blamed for his running (and GG would have been in had he dived. In fact GG has the same annoying habit as Dravid of starting off and then saying no). The only thing I'd say is that if SRT and GG build a partnership maybe MSD/Virat can come at 3 (maybe Raina too if the openers have an awesome partnership). But, if not then I am not sure. It depends on the form MSD and Virat are displaying on the nets. RD would still be a safe option. Other than that got to get Mishra and Nayar in, in place of YP and RPS.
the last time we didn't chase 300...I did place some blame on Dravid for struggling to keep scoring while Tendulkar was in cruise control at the other end. Today though the RRR was always in reach and Dravid did a great job by batting through the innings and keeping Pakistan at bay. Dravid is still a very big asset and will come through for us in pressure situations.
+2

There are lot of intangible factors in a slow innings like that. First is you allow the bowlers to settle down. You should pick up singles atleast. On the surface it might look like an okay innings. If you analyze deeply this innings had too many flaws. He played out 8 maidens out of the total of 44 overs we faced. He allowed the spinners to settle down. He didn't give strike enough to other batsman. He didn't make the calling well. Best he could do is protect his wicket.

In his partnerships, Dravid was Kohli 16 (24) - Dravid 18 (24) Raina 46 (41) - Dravid 21(28) Rest - Dravid 21 (20) So, after fall of each wicket, Dravid had had to slow down in order to save the wicket till the end. He was holding one end up for Raina, who could take risks only because Dravid was playing safe, still he was 21(28) more than his career SR, not slow by any standards. That's how Malik and Mofo built their partnership. That's what most of them do. Apart from Raina, he was scoring run-a-ball, with six wickets down. With all the regular batsmen gone, that is the approach. Get close to the end and go for broke in the last 3/4 overs. Bhajjii peed on that plan royally.
That's how Malik and Mofo built their partnership. That's what most of them do.
Difference is Dravid is not that good these days in dominating an attack on a good day. He always plays at one pace. Most of his aggressive attempts were to tap the ball down to third man and he ended up failing most of the time. You gotta pick up a huge over in between while chasing huge scores. When Raina joined RRR was 6.50. It is not easy under lights. At one stage Raina brought it down to 6.11. Once he got out again it shot up. Basically his contribution towards bringing down the rate was zilch. He merely protected his wickets . In a 300 chase every single member should be prepared to accelerate.

Cannot blame Dravid at all. But he could not emulate Malik who launched such a ferocious assault changing gears mid-innings. this could be due to Dravid losing partners regularly and sticking to sheet anchor role. Tendulkar could not handle a novice though. Gambhir showed him how it is done.

All they have to do is putting pressure at other end. He is remotely dangerous to opposition. His stay is hardly going to hurt them.
Yet there was always a hope we would have chased down that 60 even after Yusuf got out. I mean does anybody sane here seriously think Dravid would have tuk-tuk all the way to 50 overs and wouldn't have capitalized on the Power Play and accelerate his game to finish that gap of 10-15 runs required behind balls left? Wait didn't he hit a boundary right before the PowerPlay came in? Can anybody tell me the ratio of dot balls he kept on playing as the target kept coming closer and closer to us? SOMEONE needed to stay till the end, and he needed to play extremely safe. Look what happened to our tailenders when a veteran bat isn't there on the other end. Dravid kept going to Bhajji after every 3rd ball to talk to him to take it easy...After Tendu got out people would be expecting a dedicated stable innings from someone else instead given that mammoth target, and that is what he was playing for. I can't disagree with the fact that he did waste a lot of balls with those dots, yes Dravid is guilty of that, but then again I can't disagree with the fact that all others around him got out foolishly except Raina. Bowlers like Afridi feel more confident and "Settled down" as you put it when players get out on his balls instead of players putting away his very good deliveries as dots and singles. Aamir gets more "Settled Down" when he gets players like God/SRT out, and not when players stall his deliveries. Players like Ajmal don't feel bad at all when they get Raina out after he's hit an over full of boundaries off him. I think all the 20-20 craze has just ruined some people's outlook on what is required off a 50-50 game chasing a big target. Look at Malik's presentation speech. Indian bowling went through an entire 10 overs before the partnership between Malik and Mofo saw a freakin' 4.
Cannot blame Dravid at all. But he could not emulate Malik who launched such a ferocious assault changing gears mid-innings. this could be due to Dravid losing partners regularly and sticking to sheet anchor role. Tendulkar could not handle a novice though. Gambhir showed him how it is done.
In my view longer the batsman stays more he should take over-all responsibility. Be it is accelerating or rotating the strike. You cannot expect new comers to go after bowling. That is a poor approach while chasing 300 plus totals. Dravid was there for so long that he should have gone after bowling at some stage. Every time someone else had to compensate his dot balls which obviously increases the risk of others getting out. Kohli got out to a shot after they made only 10 runs in 20 previous balls. It will get to you. You cannot go at one pace. If everyone scores at Rahul's pace India would have reached 221 in 50 overs. Another thing i hardly had any hope from Dravid in the power play. He would definitely struggle to dominate Ajmal. He would have spooned up in the air and got out.
798990 I mean does anybody sane here seriously think Dravid would have tuk-tuk all the way to 50 overs and wouldn't have capitalized on the Power Play and accelerate his game to finish that gap of 10-15 runs required behind balls left?.
Wish is something. Sure he would want to use power play. I am sure he would not have succeeded like he could not all day against spinners.