Mishra vs Ojha vs Chawla

ViruRulez

Chawla's googly had a novelty when he first came along because of which he was moderately successful. Once batsmen started picking that' date=' he became useless as expected.[/quote'] Googly is not a novelty. Just a regular ball. Only problem was he lacked the pace that Warne had. Because of that batsmen started picking him off the length . I think he will only get better.
Googly is not a novelty. Just a regular ball. Only problem was he lacked the pace that Warne had. Because of that batsmen started picking him off the length . I think he will only get better.
What I meant was Chawla's googly was a novelty because it was very well disguised and batsmen had problems picking it. Once they started picking it, he has nothing to fall back upon. His leg break is just cannon fodder.
What I meant was Chawla's googly was a novelty because it was very well disguised and batsmen had problems picking it. Once they started picking it' date=' he has nothing to fall back upon. His leg break is just cannon fodder.[/quote'] Dinesh Karthik slammed him for 4 consecutive sixes over mid wicket in Duleep Trophy. A leg spinner should not allow batsmen to hit him across the line. It only indicates there is lack of revolution and speed. He looked little bulky last time i saw his picture. Probably he has gained some shoulder strength. Should be tried at some point.

Ojha for me too. Can't understand why he was discarded just like that. He always looks a wicket taking threat and seemingly one bad performance in the T20 world cup has seen him banished from the squad? Incidentally, I watched Chawla bat for Sussex yesterday and he seems to have improved no end as a batsman. He hit three big sixes off the off spinner but unfortunately I didn't get to see his bowling. Mishra looks a wicket taking threat too. So all in all the spin department is quite healthy.

Chawla can only bowl googlies. His leg breaks are weak maan.
Who are the other spin backups .. Jadeja is also a good spinners but more of a batting all rounder.. then we have Murali Karthik who has got too much attitude and is also quite old now It seems Ojha and Mishra are our best backup spinners after Bhajji

Is dropping Ojha a mistake? I think we shouldn't have dropped Pragyan Ojha for CT. He was most impressive Indian spinner in IPL. If he's selected , we'd have a chance to go with two spinners without Bhajji. Now out of form Bhajji is liability to Indian team but we cant go with just a leg spinner in playing eleven . What do u say?

Mods please remove Chawla from the thread title.. let it be Mishra vs Ojha only In today's match, Mishra was extremely disappointing. In today's play, he has bowled 18 overs and gave away a whooping 89 runs at a economy of near 5 without any wickets which is simply too much for tests. I just feel that Ojha should also be tried. I have a feeling that Ojha would perform better.

Mods please remove Chawla from the thread title.. let it be Mishra vs Ojha only In today's match, Mishra was extremely disappointing. In today's play, he has bowled 18 overs and gave away a whooping 89 runs at a economy of near 5 without any wickets which is simply too much for tests. I just feel that Ojha should also be tried. I have a feeling that Ojha would perform better.
Right now Hyderabad is playing against the gujjus....lets see how he performs there. :smiley: