Select your pacers for Australia ODI Series

We have seen our pathetic :cantstop: phasht bowling performance in CT. Now time to select your pacers for next ODI series ...Pick four best seamers and write few words about ur selection:hatsoff: Assume ZAK is not available ... My choice 1) Aashish Nehra - impressive performance in CT , though he chokes sometimes under pressure, nevertheless best of Indian seamers in CT, deserves another chance 2) Pravin Kumar: This guy is not phasht, but bowls line and length , can use new ball, swings both ways and miser in giving away runs. His performance in CT is not bad enough to drop him 3) Munaf patel: Bowled well in Irani trophy..again line and length bowler, I'd select him ahead of Sreesath. 4) I.sharma: Though his performance is bad in CT , he deserves another chance only because he is young and hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes. . Other contenders: 1) sree santh: I'd rather recall this guy for test series ...He can be wayward in ODI and leak runs which can prove detrimental to his confidence 2) RP singh: not done anything in CT , deserves a drop 3) S. tyagi: needs more time in domestic circuits 4) I.pathan : Again I don't select him unless he comes up with great performance in domestic circuit(in challenger trophy) 5: agarkar: :sniffle: 6. Balaji: :sniffle: 7. VRV singh::dontknow: 8: sangwan: :dontknow:

Irfan was dropped because he hasnt been particularly good, Im not sure what he's done since (that corporate trophy for instance?) to prove that he's playing well enough Tyagi dosent seem like a particularly economical bowler, if he is to be picked (and going by the Irani trophy performance im not sure he's ready) it should be for a test series Ishant and RP have to be dropped So for me Nehra, Praveen, Munaf and Nayyar should be in the there , AN needs a few more matches to show what he can do. Ojha, Bhajji, Mishra would be in the squad too and we'll play two spinners. For the tests pick Zak if he's fit. Santh, Ishant- in the hope that he's still a good test bowler, and one of Nehra or Munaf. Both if Zaheers not there. Howzzat?

Irfan was dropped because he hasnt been particularly good, Im not sure what he's done since (that corporate trophy for instance?) to prove that he's playing well enough Tyagi dosent seem like a particularly economical bowler, if he is to be picked (and going by the Irani trophy performance im not sure he's ready) it should be for a test series Ishant and RP have to be dropped So for me Nehra, Praveen, Munaf and Nayyar should be in the there , AN needs a few more matches to show what he can do. Ojha, Bhajji, Mishra would be in the squad too and we'll play two spinners. For the tests pick Zak if he's fit. Santh, Ishant- in the hope that he's still a good test bowler, and one of Nehra or Munaf. Both if Zaheers not there. Howzzat?
there would be a choice b/w AN n IKP n nayar has proved hes not a bowler.even Dhoni seemed faster n more dangerous than him.we need a fast bowling allrounder,not a batting allrounder.so IKP deserves a recall.he shouldnt have been dropped in the first place

Acha... Ive never seen Nayyar play tbh so cant really say. Fait point regarding Pathan too, he played vs England last year then recalled for the SL series in Feb- think he played two matches, then didnt even feature in the CT probables!! Not exactly fair Interestingly and this is off topic, I was looking at the last match we played in SL and R. Jadeja scored 60- it was admitedly a lost cause. But as spin bowling all rounder im sure he's streets ahed of Yousuf. Defo more of a batsman.

Acha... Ive never seen Nayyar play tbh so cant really say. Fait point regarding Pathan too, he played vs England last year then recalled for the SL series in Feb- think he played two matches, then didnt even feature in the CT probables!! Not exactly fair Interestingly and this is off topic, I was looking at the last match we played in SL and R. Jadeja scored 60- it was admitedly a lost cause. But as spin bowling all rounder im sure he's streets ahed of Yousuf. Defo more of a batsman.
well Jadeja has a tendency of getting stuck,like he did in our crucial game against Eng in T20 WC.Yusuf is more of a big hitter.at no.7 u need a clean striker of the ball n Jadeja isnt that

the series will be decided by how well our spinners bowl.Bhajji has been way off for while now but he is not going to be dropped.If there was a way i would pick ojha,bhajji and mishra.Ishant needs a sabbatical from all limited overs cricket for atleast one year.picking Irfan will give us an option of playing 2 frontline spinners.sreeshant will be expensive but atleast he will get early wickets. nehra irfan sree pk 16 man squad captain awesome sachin gg viru kohli irfan yusuf raina dk(i reallly dont want him in the squad but its unavoidable) nehra pk sree bhajji mishra ojha dravid(no comment).

Defo either Irfan or Nayyar in for Yousuf, they could 3rd paceman. Munaf seems to be bowling well, hopefully thisll go on, he can be a good ODI bowler. a seven match series would merit 16 player squad Batters: Sehwag,Gambhir,Tendulkar,Virat,Raina,Murali Vijay(-how about it? instead of Dravid) Pacers: Munaf, Nehra, Praveen Spinners:Ojha,Mishra,Harbhajan Allroumders: Irfan, Nayyar WKs: MSD, Kartik

^thats assuming Zak n UV wont make it,right? anyway i dont think it'll be a 16 man squad for a home series.i would have Munaf instead of Sree n Nayar/Jadeja instead of Yusuf
I agree...In Indian pitches, mostly we play with 2 regular spinners and 2 pacers , so it is better to have a part time pacer in AN instead of yusuf who hasn't done anything worthwhile. AN/viru/raina can be our 5th bowling option.
Defo either Irfan or Nayyar in for Yousuf, they could 3rd paceman. Munaf seems to be bowling well, hopefully thisll go on, he can be a good ODI bowler. a seven match series would merit 16 player squad Batters: Sehwag,Gambhir,Tendulkar,Virat,Raina,Murali Vijay(-how about it? instead of Dravid) Pacers: Munaf, Nehra, Praveen Spinners:Ojha,Mishra,Harbhajan Allroumders: Irfan, Nayyar WKs: MSD, Kartik
dont think so.even RD is not needed for a home series.i would rather have somebody aggressive like Uthappa if UV isnt there. so assuming Zak n UV r not available,this will be my squad SRT Veeru GG Kohli Raina MSD Irfan Bhajji Mishra Munaf Nehra reserves: DK Nayar Ojha Uthappa PK
I agree...In Indian pitches' date=' mostly we play with 2 regular spinners and 2 pacers , so it is better to have a part time pacer in AN instead of yusuf who hasn't done anything worthwhile. AN/viru/raina can be our 5th bowling option.[/quote'] you are not paying attention.we play with 3 seamers in india.
yeah so IKP' date='Nehra n PK/Munna can be our 3 pacers n we can also play 2 spinners which is a must against Aussies in India[/quote'] i agree on the 2 spinners part.we should play 2 frontline spinners in all games.that is our only bowling advantage over the aussies.munna makes me nervous but sreeshanth might make the selectors nervous.