To the NRI crowd...any timeframe to return to swades if at all ?

patriot

I think we are missing out on the economic and social front by staying out of India' date=' don't have much doubt on that. However, the standard of living has not really improved in India and the over population problem will never really be solved. You will still have to wait in a mile long queue to buy a pack of condoms.[/quote'] That is the official sarkari way of controlling population.:--D Line mein khade raho....Public place mein ho jab tak .,..kuch hanky panky nahin ...nahin to jail ke ander(which again helps in controlling population)

I lived in Europe for 5+ years. I moved back to India last year. It's probably the best decision I've ever taken. I work 8 hours a day. I'm home by 6. Saturday/Sundays off. 50 days of leave in a year(including public holidays). B->
Sarkari naukari ????:--D

NRI's have already done us a great service by leaving India, I, for sure , not welcome them back:finger: For every NRI, one Indian will get benefited, I wish more n more Indians go abroad and never return back. Of course NRI's can show their patriotism in internet forums :) But the worst service you can do to India is to invest your dollars in to Indian real estate , thereby making the real estate unaffordable for Indians...

NRI's have already done us a great service by leaving India' date=' I, for sure , not welcome them back:finger: For every NRI, one Indian will get benefited, I wish more n more Indians go abroad and never return back. Of course NRI's can show their patriotism in internet forums :) But the worst service you can do to India is to invest your dollars in to Indian real estate , thereby making the real estate unaffordable for Indians...[/quote'] just one question, may i know your age?

NRI's have already done us a great service by leaving India' date=' I, for sure , not welcome them back:finger: For every NRI, one Indian will get benefited, I wish more n more Indians go abroad and never return back. Of course NRI's can show their patriotism in internet forums :) But the worst service you can do to India is to invest your dollars in to Indian real estate , thereby making the real estate unaffordable for Indians...[/quote'] Talk about feeling insecure. :icflove: Problem for you is that many NRIs are returning to India. :finger: BTW, it is not the NRIs who are inflating housing prices, it is rising salaries which is putting tons of cash in the local techie's and MBA's pockets. Why do you think small houses are still worth a million dollars in the Silicon Valley? It is because people can afford those high prices due to high salaries, stock options, etc.

I lived in Europe for 5+ years. I moved back to India last year. It's probably the best decision I've ever taken. I work 8 hours a day. I'm home by 6. Saturday/Sundays off. 50 days of leave in a year(including public holidays). B->
Good for you. :hatsoff:

NRI's have already done us a great service by leaving India' date=' I, for sure , not welcome them back:finger: For every NRI, one Indian will get benefited, I wish more n more Indians go abroad and never return back. Of course NRI's can show their patriotism in internet forums :) But the worst service you can do to India is to invest your dollars in to Indian real estate , thereby making the real estate unaffordable for Indians...[/quote'] :afraid: .. I thought you were my best friend.

NRI's have already done us a great service by leaving India' date=' I, for sure , not welcome them back:finger: For every NRI, one Indian will get benefited, I wish more n more Indians go abroad and never return back. Of course NRI's can show their patriotism in internet forums :) But the worst service you can do to India is to invest your dollars in to Indian real estate , thereby making the real estate unaffordable for Indians...[/quote'] :whine:

NRI's have already done us a great service by leaving India' date=' I, for sure , not welcome them back:finger: For every NRI, one Indian will get benefited, I wish more n more Indians go abroad and never return back. Of course NRI's can show their patriotism in internet forums :) But the worst service you can do to India is to invest your dollars in to Indian real estate , thereby making the real estate unaffordable for Indians...[/quote'] I know that this feeling exists among Indians, but honestly, I don't know many who would say no to an opportunity of better life and better income. And that does not make them any less patriotic than us.

So what difference do you feel in the lifestyles?

So what difference do you feel in the lifestyles?
With regard to the tangibles, sure Europe is more organised, disciplined and cleaner. Life was great there. If you earn or have a decent sum, you can lead a very good lifestyle here too. But the intangibles that India offers for me(sense of belonging, childhood memories, family etc) really make my life here much much better.

With regard to the tangibles, sure Europe is more organised, disciplined and cleaner. Life was great there. If you earn or have a decent sum, you can lead a very good lifestyle here too. But the intangibles that India offers for me(sense of belonging, childhood memories, family etc) really make my life here much much better.
I think likewise wrt to social factors that you mention but I am bullish on India in general. BTW, what field are you into ?