Ishant's Performance in the India-Aus '09 ODI Series

satishg

Well no thread on his performance. I think he was really good today. His first spell was very good except for his 8th and 9th over he had an awesome match. The highlight being the last over and the toe crusher to Lee! A good comeback guys, we all had ripped him off so i just though i would appreciate his efforts in this match! Hope he continues on this performance but he surely cant play all 7 matches. He needs to be rotated out both for his and the teams cause in the long run. Would not want him to burn out completely! If there is a thread already, mods please merge this with that one.

Hmm maybe and the good part was, he bowled really well when both Paine and Punter were looking good in the middle and trying to up the tempo. Although Paine's wicket was a freebie i was happy with his performance during that period of the match. I would have loved it if Ishant had taken Punters wicket but he has a lot of chances in the series and i am sure his performance today would give him the much needed confidence to do well in the remaining matches.

He looked dangerous because he did not try to bowl short, he was not afraid of pitching the ball up and used the short ball very prudently (Paine's wicket). His last over was very smartly bowled and he got 2 wickets conceding only a single. Having said that, MSD is a really stuck up captain who would not drop any player based on 1-2 series' form, this might pay dividends if the guilty is ready to work hard and retain his place in the side. Let's hope none of the backed players take their place for granted :pray:.

he brings out his best when bowling to ponting and aussies .. but its too early to judge .. end of series will give an idea .. but the yorker to get lee was awesome and it was a long time since i saw an indian pacer did tat .. really enjoyed .. also 1 run in the last over was top class.. hope he builds on this confidence.. :two_thumbs_up:

Only saw two of his overs. The 3rd over of the match, first ball went for 4 and I got this sinking feeling. Next 5 balls were dots. Then I saw the last over in which he cenceded just the one run and got rid of Lee with a brilliant delivery. From what I hear it was a solid performance overall. If he can cintinue in this fashion right through the series, and maybe improve (which would be great), it would be safe to say that he is getting back on track, imo.