Enough with the overdose of Sachin Tendulkar

nballa

this is actually true.I think we have the weakest bowling attack of the top 8 teams.Ishant' date='bhajji have been bowling tripe for the last 4-5 months.without their contributions it is tough to win ANY matches.[/quote'] ironically sachin tendulkar is the second highest wicket taker among the current playing 11 lol. our bowling attack probably ranks just above bangladesh at the moment.
Drowned amongst all the "sachin is great/god" chants the past couple of weeks is the fact that our cricket team absolutely sucked the last 6 months. I think australia' date=' pakistan and sri lanka are ahead of us at the moment, no matter what the rankings say.[/quote'] You are right about the media making this into a big hype and over the top coverage. As far as the team, our Test team is quite ok, now that Zaheer Khan is back to bolster the bowling, though Ishant is still a worry. Bhajji was always a dart thrower and I'd give Amit Mishra a longer rope for now. But our Test batting has been excellent and that is our strength. Our ODI and T20 teams suck like crazy esp the bowling, RP singh, Praveen Kumar and Nehra cannot get it right :dontknow:
You are right about the media making this into a big hype and over the top coverage. As far as the team, our Test team is quite ok, now that Zaheer Khan is back to bolster the bowling, though Ishant is still a worry. Bhajji was always a dart thrower and I'd give Amit Mishra a longer rope for now. But our Test batting has been excellent and that is our strength. Our ODI and T20 teams suck like crazy esp the bowling, RP singh, Praveen Kumar and Nehra cannot get it right :dontknow:
i am afraid its going to be bad news for us for the next couple of years, teams do not lose tournaments with bad batting. they lose on the back of crap bowing. unless we can unearth a genuine strike bowler its all doom.

Lol, strange are the ways of Indian cricket fans. First of all, our cricket did not ‘SUCK’ during the last 6 months. Agreed, we lost some important ODI and T20 tournaments, so we’re going through a bit of a crisis of confidence at the moment. But that does not justify the ‘suck’ tag. Secondly, even if we were to have performed really badly, what should stop us from celebrating, with complete vigor and pride, the achievements of what has been a simply glorious career of a truly great player? Why should these two events be mutually exclusive? Had Sachin had been born in a country like England or Australia, they would have bought front-page ads in the New York Times. Those guys know how to celebrate/honor their heroes.