Thank You Thread

Jersey #10

Well I'm certainly not denying that they are an inspiration to youngsters of this generation..but is that in itself a sufficient condition to achieve #1 ranking? Or for that matter is it even necessary? Afterall Gavaskar would have inspired the likes of Rathore, Sadagoppan Ramesh, Debang Gandhi etc as well.

Well I'm certainly not denying that they are an inspiration to youngsters of this generation..but is that in itself a sufficient condition to achieve #1 ranking? Or for that matter is it even necessary? Afterall Gavaskar would have inspired the likes of Rathore, Sadagoppan Ramesh, Debang Gandhi etc as well.
Of course he would have inspired many who did not succeed. But the important thing is that he inspired the few who did succeed. Gavaskar, okay, you can ignore if you want to stretch it but Kapil Dev is someone who transformed the cricketing face in India - it's possible to be a successful fast bowler in India and win matches by bowling fast.

I believe that the person who deserves the most credit, is Mr Ganguly. Other than that, in no particular order, the backbone of this success, which was the culmination of a decade of work, is the following: Rahul Dravid Sachin Tendulkar Virender Sehwag Anil Kumble Harbhajan Singh VVS Laxman Gautam Gambhir Zaheer Khan MS Dhoni There are others who played bit parts in a few scattered Tests, such as Irfan, Yuvraj, Balaji, Agarkar, Karthik, etc...

Everyone should thank cricketics. I watched almost every freakin Indian cricket match since i have taken birth. From school days to college days till today, have been to classes with sleepy eyes after being awake all night for India's games.
It couldn't have been done without the confidence and knowledge of knowing tics bhai is watching and recording :two_thumbs_up:

I am not sure if it was a 10 year process. This die hard attitude picked up only after Dhoni took over. My single most pick is Gambhir http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;innings_number=3;innings_number=4;orderby=batting_average;spanmax1=06+Dec+2009;spanmin1=06+Dec+2006;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=allround Look at Gambhir's 2nd innings average in the last 3 years. He is 20 points more than the nearest rival. Amazing guy we have to play under pressure. 4 centuries he is the top in the first innings average also http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;innings_number=1;innings_number=2;orderby=batting_average;spanmax1=06+Dec+2009;spanmin1=06+Dec+2006;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=allround