Need complete overhaul of our bowling

Okay. In one dayers a player should be good in atleast 2 departments Zak batting - D bowling - D fielding - E Nehra batting - F bowling - D fielding - F+ ( i dont think we have Z right) Praveen batting C bowling C fielding F+ Munaf batting F bowling E fielding F+ Ishant batting E bowling E fielding F Sreesanth batting E bowling C fielding D Do we really need to persist with this crappy line up hoping one day they will turn around? They suck in all 3 departments. It is high time we need players who can contribute well in atleast 2 departments.

Need Irfan Pathan in the line up back again. Zak, Nehra etc. suck while fielding. Their bowling is like Lottery. There is no guarantee that they will perform on a given day. Bhajji as a bowler and even more as afielder is hurting as lot..Did anybody saw his dart wide at the leg side when the batsman moved to the leg side? The less i say about his catching the better. He always thinks of saving himself first..Jumps safely while trying to stop a throw by one hand thus deflecting it further..

Play any young bowler. This strategy have paid off well for us..Irfan served for 2-3 seasons, Ishant served for 2 seasons!! Am sure..playing a young attack we'll agn get a new star!! May be for 1-2 years, but still they will act as 'StopGap' for some time!!

Play any young bowler. This strategy have paid off well for us..Irfan served for 2-3 seasons, Ishant served for 2 seasons!! Am sure..playing a young attack we'll agn get a new star!! May be for 1-2 years, but still they will act as 'StopGap' for some time!!
My idea as well :hysterical: . Keep on playing young bowlers until we exhaust. Then we go back to the top again. :hysterical:

My bowling attack would be Praveen Kumar, Sreesanth and Irfan. Praveen may not have the pedigree of a Zak or the reputation of an Irfan, he certainly does not bowl as many howlers as them. Its important to have a attacking fast bowler like Sreesanth in the team. And, we desperately need Irfan to bolster our batting. Right now, we're very bottom light, with Jadeja coming in at no.7. Edit; And all the three of them are reasonable fielders.

This is Dhoni's comment Today's best bowler was Yuvraj, and that's not really a good sign." That is a stark reminder of how inconsistent harbahajan is.
Harbhajan is very inconsistent, Still i wud say beter dan our new ball bowlers!! I thnk we sud go for Pojha or play Jadoo as a bowler!!
Name one bowling attack which can restrict teams to sub-300 totals on flat wickets
Sri Lanka restricted Bang for 267. Aus Restricted India for less dan 250 once and less dan 200 once in the last AUS-India Series!! Teams like Pakistan, SAF can do too!!

Also bowling depends on the track and that particular day. If we have to do well, our main problem is FIELDING right now. I would drop Nehra, and bring back Irfan I would drop Zaheer (concentrate on tests dude) and try Sudip Tyagi Our Fielding has to improve 100% before the WC and thats quite a task.

Yeah' date=' I don't think we should be excusing our bowlers on this basis.[/quote'] Its pretty Unfair for us to shout on our batsmen When they dont put up/chase 300 in an IMP match!! The way we blamed our batsmen on Early Exit frm CT was wrong!! Batsmen can have a OFF day!! Letting the opposition to score 300 in South Africa was wrong!! Our bowlers must proove they belong here!!
Also bowling depends on the track and that particular day. If we have to do well, our main problem is FIELDING right now. I would drop Nehra, and bring back Irfan I would drop Zaheer (concentrate on tests dude) and try Sudip Tyagi Our Fielding has to improve 100% before the WC and thats quite a task.
:hatsoff:

This may have started out as a joke by Salil, but seriously, can we get Group A (TAV+IKP+ANayy)? Lets look at the facts: On the one side: Strictly for shorter version of kirket: Group A: 1. Tenth Avatar of Vishnu 2. Irfan Pathan 3. Abhishek Nayyar + 4. Sudeep Tyagi (give him 6-7 matches continuous run having selected him) On the other side: Group B: 1. Zaheer Khan 2. Ashish Nehra 3. Praveen Kumar 4. RP Singh!!! (VERY DISAPPOINTED - thought he was a very good ODI and Test prospect) + 5. Sreesanth (may give him some more ODIs since he just got to play recently) How worse can Group A bowl?

• Every other match they will give 320 runs - Group B does that
  • Even if our batsmen score 330 batting first, we are not safe - Group B ensures that too
  • Group A are trundlers, batsmen will toy with them - so do they with Group B
  • Even minnows wont respect Group A - LOLz at Group B

There does not seem to be any great reserves in Indian domestic cricket. Dont know how or what IPL stars such as Gony and Kamran Khan are doing. At least the Group A: Irfan, Abhishek, Aggy can bat decently. They field decently (relative to INDIAN standards exhibited by Zak, Nehra, Praveen Kumar lulzers) - Bowling they are as much trundlers and cannot do worse in ODIs. Sudeep Tyagi and Sreesanth can be given some chances as part of the squad. At least Irfan and Abhishek are somewhat of allrounders, and Tenth Avatar of Vishnu can bat once in a while. Thoughts?