Need complete overhaul of our bowling

Our bowling is worse than Aus, Eng, SA, NZ, SL and Pak. It is downright pathetic. No. 2 ODI my ar$e. This team is no better than a club side in bowling and fielding. Next time, you guys make fun of Pak bowling look in the phaacking mirror!!!! Because of this fielding and bowling unit, it is a farce that India is no. 1 in tests. It will not remain for very long!!

FOntain it is a load of crp that you say most fast bowlers are slow fielders. Only guys like Walsh, Mcgrath, Ambrose could afford to be pathetic on the field. Even they were not as pathetic as Zaheer, ishant, praveen, Nehra. Look at guys like Brett Lee, Bollinger, Johnson, Dale Steyn, Flintoff... come on man. You are reeling out excuses after excuses for our pathetic bowlers.

And forget about bringing in Tyagi or any other young new Indian bowler, unless you want to destroy the next generation of Indian bowlers too. They would be ripped apart against international caliber batsmen on these kinds of pitches. We would only be creating the next set of young bowlers to fail. I would rather just send these young bowlers to foreign tours on A sides to get experience and knowledge there rather than become the next glorified bowling machines.

Here is the thing. World cup is going to happen on patta pitches. You either find a way to bowl effectively of make way for someone else.. Look at Nathan bracken. He has beter economy than his career economy rate in India. How didi Kulasekara end up becoming world no.1 bowler on patta pitches? Even Irfan Pathan reached world no.2 once. It is not like bowlers are not capable of bowling. Just that we are either out of form or simply not upto par.
Kulasekara? Did you see the havoc Zaheer made in SL? As soon as the number 1 bowler arrived on Indian shores he got slaughtered. Nathan Bracken, I agree, was an exceptional bowler in these conditions but how many have been able to replicate his success. Yeah, the World Cup is going to be on pattas and the batting is going to win or lose it on these pitches. You might see the occasional supreme bowling spell, but by and large all the Steyns and Johnsons are going to come in for a hammering. Did you see how Steyn is treated as a club bowler in IPL?
FOntain it is a load of crp that you say most fast bowlers are slow fielders. Only guys like Walsh' date=' Mcgrath, Ambrose could afford to be pathetic on the field. Even they were not as pathetic as Zaheer, ishant, praveen, Nehra. Look at guys like Brett Lee, Bollinger, Johnson, Dale Steyn, Flintoff... come on man. You are reeling out excuses after excuses for our pathetic bowlers.[/quote'] WTF does fielding have to do with the main point of this thread about bowling improvement? The entire team needs to improve their fielding including batsmen who have dropped catches.
Aggy can't bat. Irfan is the only difference in there batting wise and our problems are in bowling.
Aggy can bat better than our current tailenders. Abhishek nayyar can bat too. True the problem is bowling - pace especially, and spin too - Bhajji is inconsistent despite dsr thinking HS is a boon to India. But I'm not sure if we have good reserves?
And forget about bringing in Tyagi or any other young new Indian bowler, unless you want to destroy the next generation of Indian bowlers too. They would be ripped apart against international caliber batsmen on these kinds of pitches. We would only be creating the next set of young bowlers to fail. I would rather just send these young bowlers to foreign tours on A sides to get experience and knowledge there rather than become the next glorified bowling machines.
Eventually they are going to play here most of the matches. I have no problem with our test bowling. As it is we have an okay unit though we lack an express, shock bowler. That i can live with. But in limited over regardless of where you play you require certain skills.Our bowlers don't have those. Guys like Bracken, Gul are reliable on any pitch in the world.
This post is so full of sh*t I don't know where to start. How many catches has Zaheer dropped? He had a direct hit to run out a batsmen today. Yes he's a slow fielder but so are most fast bowlers. It's guys like Bhajji, Raina that have been dropping catches every match.
Well you can start with Nehra..What value nehra brings to the team, please tell me? Also what value Zaheer brings to the team, apart from being 'less confident' bowling on Patta pitches over the years? Zack has a weak arm and if you have noticed his throws, batsmen always try to convert ones to twos. That's what Shakib was trying to do the moment he saw the ball is travelling toward Zaheer, but unfortunatly for him, Zaheer got lucky..But that doesn't means that Zaheer has become a okay fielder.. You would say why I'm discussing fielding in a topic of bowling..I'm just trying to understand the value of playing Nehra and Zaheer in ODIs..Are they strike bowlers (even if we give then green wickets)? No they are not. Do they have variations in bowling? No they don't have variations in their bowling..to be honest.
Here is the thing. World cup is going to happen on patta pitches. You either find a way to bowl effectively of make way for someone else.. Look at Nathan bracken. He has beter economy than his career economy rate in India. How didi Kulasekara end up becoming world no.1 bowler on patta pitches? Even Irfan Pathan reached world no.2 once. It is not like bowlers are not capable of bowling. Just that we are either out of form or simply not upto par.
Donald will fix it all, he's being hired by the BCCI after Dhoni had to make a public appeal. lol It was only after Sanga and Dhoni made other public announcements that the matches should be started earlier to decrease the dew factor. The BCCI asked the match to start 90 minutes earlier but the TV right Broadcastor only agreed to a 30 minute earlier start. That's where the priorities lie with the BCCI. The captain has to publicly ask for a bowling coach, then ask for an earlier start at the mercy of a TV Broadcastor. The BCCI doesn't give a crap about improving Indian bowling as long as money keeps coming in.

Have you guys seen Ishants bouncers? Possibly the worst bouncer going around in the world. He just pitches short with zero effort. As outsider suggest Zak, Ishant, sree should not be played in these pointless ODIs. Preserve them for Tests. Give chance to bowlers who do well in domestic list A matches or some new talent. Worst case they will get hit ground which is happening anyway. Best case they can unearth another bowler. win-win situation

The title of this thread is about needing an overhaul to improve Indian bowling. And as I've said numerous times, it's the easiest damn thing to do. We've got a lot of left/right handed swing/seam bowlers and a tall guy in Ishant who can extract genuine bounce. Again all the BCCI has to do is enforce the WC report that came out almost 6 years ago that specifally stated for more competitive pitches. Every other year the same thing happens. India lose in a major tournament and all these reports are filed and they all in some shape or form say that we need more sporting tracks. Young batsmen learn to negotiate swing/bounce much earlier and bolwers learn to use the conditions better and gain form and confidence. That was over 6 years ago in the Carribean WC. What has the BCCI done? In domestic cricket, fast bowlers don't get enough kookaburra balls because they're deemed too expensive. That's the reality of Indian cricket.

Did you guys follow Trianagular A series in India last year? India,NZ,Australia A teams. http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Events/IND/International_A_Team_Tri-Series_2008-09/Bowling_by_Economy.html India lost in the final to Australia A. But Praveen and Irfan did a decent job. But overall Bollinger was very good. Even in the recent ODI series agianst India bollinger was good. Tait also did well.

Our bowling is worse than Aus, Eng, SA, NZ, SL and Pak. It is downright pathetic. No. 2 ODI my ar. This team is no better than a club side in bowling and fielding. Next time, you guys make fun of Pak bowling look in the phaacking mirror!!!! Because of this fielding and bowling unit, it is a farce that India is no. 1 in tests. It will not remain for very long!!
WTF? ********* learn to differentiate between ODI and tests. ****ing paki
The title of this thread is about needing an overhaul to improve Indian bowling. And as I've said numerous times, it's the easiest damn thing to do. We've got a lot of left/right handed swing/seam bowlers and a tall guy in Ishant who can extract genuine bounce. Again all the BCCI has to do is enforce the WC report that came out almost 6 years ago that specifally stated for more competitive pitches. Every other year the same thing happens. India lose in a major tournament and all these reports are filed and they all in some shape or form say that we need more sporting tracks. Young batsmen learn to negotiate swing/bounce much earlier and bolwers learn to use the conditions better and gain form and confidence. That was over 6 years ago in the Carribean WC. What has the BCCI done? In domestic cricket, fast bowlers don't get enough kookaburra balls because they're deemed too expensive. That's the reality of Indian cricket.
Couldn't agree more with what you said. I've given up on watching subcontinent odi games for exactly this reason. Dunno why they cant produce more pitches like they did in CT 2006.

What's interesting is that India has a pool of bowlers so why not rotate the bowlers based on form, which is something the selectors have to keep an eye on all the time. The problem is when Bhajji by default plays each and every game that India plays! When Ishant has to be persisted with despite him struggling. On the other hand, guys like Mishra get dropped after a bad game or two. Tyagi gets to wipe the bench with his pants I read that Donald or Pollock could become Ind's bowling coach. That's looks like a move in the right direction. May be they should also be asked to move around the country and seek out talent