Future MO batsmen : OK lets face the harsh truth!!!!!!!

Freedom

So this is how our batting is going to look when our greats will retire. Yesterday was just a small preview. Unless Vijay, Badrinath, Rohit sharma, Raina an Yuvraj step and play sensible test cricket.we'll be starring down the barrel with an expected 3-0, 5-0 and 1-0 to a rookie aussie team 3 years down the line.

lol we were playing a team that will soon be no.1 n a bowler whos been no.1 for quite a while.dont judge our youngsters on this.we will continue to be a good test side although maybe not good enuf to be no.1 what we do need is a quality spinner n a pacer.our batting is fine

So this is how our batting is going to look when our greats will retire. Yesterday was just a small preview. Unless Vijay, Badrinath, Rohit sharma, Raina an Yuvraj step and play sensible test cricket.we'll be starring down the barrel with an expected 3-0, 5-0 and 1-0 to a rookie aussie team 3 years down the line.
Donno what you are talking about. A 29 yr old rookie was the one who helped us get to some kind of respectability.

Dude it took 10 years since the debut of Virender Sehwag for us to properly get to no.1 Give these new players some time. It will take time, but then eventually we will find someone who will lead us and make sure we stay no. 1 or get that no. 1 position back whenever we lose our no. 1 status. With the heros India have had over the years - tendulkar, dravid, ganguly, laxman, sehwag, kumble, I am sure enough nationalism has been created among our countrymen and sports players and enough motivation has been built. It just needs to be executed when they get their test cap.

Indian batsmen have not take a CONTRACT to save the team everytime. Bowlers cannot just give away 500-600 runs and hope the batsmen save the match.. Indian bowlers needs to be subjected to 'Kambal Kutai' (except Zak) for their shamful performance.. Even Harris has a better presense while bowling. Not a single delivery he bowled were half-trackers..While our spinners bowled atleast one lose delivery per over on an average. Mishraji bowls that ugly half traker which just asks to be hit. Because of his height, the half tracker becomes more juicy.. The less I say about Dartbhajan the better..This guy has completely lost his mojo..He is all hype and no substance..Always having that CONSTIPATED look which allows the batsmen to screw him royally and laugh at him..

Well Badri, one of the newcomers, was one of only two batsmen to succeed in the first innings (can't believe that only two players got past 12 even now). Saha as we all know has gotten into the team as a batsman (who can't actually bat) because of a selection **** up and is not going to play again. And it is not like we haven't seen this happen before against SA at home - they thrashed us by an innings at Bangalore in 2000 (SRT, Dravid, Saurav all playing) and then at Motera in 2008 (Dravid, VVS, Veeru, Ganguly all there). We crumble to their pacers in SA but we also crumble to their pacers at home.

With Rahul, Saurav, Sachin all in team, didnt SA thump us in 2000 test series? Too early to write off the youngsters so early..Whatever little I have seen of Vijay and Badri was very very impressive. Sten in today's bowling form would have made mincemeat of world's greatest set of batsmen. Also take Kallis out of SA for a test and I can bet they will appear equally clueless on Indian tracks. And above all it's not over yet. I am still hopeful of somehow coming out of this with a draw. Vijay, Badri and Saha all have an innings left to prove many people wrong.

What a travesty..Main batsmen getting injured playing an easy series against Bangladesh and strategically chickening out against a tough opponent (ok Dravid got a real injury. He was unfortunate to miss out). Not that I'm complaining. Hope the youngsters grab the opportunity with both the hands and even if they fail, they'll learn from this experience. I've a feeling that senior batsmen will avoid playing South Africa this series. They'll be back in the next series or IPL. Nohit also saved himself by strategically getting 'injured' in the nick of the time by using the standard procedure of getting injured by playing soccer. Nohit very well knows that it doesn't effects him He is already earning loads of money in IPL. Icant Sharma doesn't have to worry too. KKR and IPL bekons..

What a travesty..Main batsmen getting injured playing an easy series against Bangladesh and strategically chickening out against a tough opponent (ok Dravid got a real injury. He was unfortunate to miss out). Not that I'm complaining. Hope the youngsters grab the opportunity with both the hands and even if they fail, they'll learn from this experience. I've a feeling that senior batsmen will avoid playing South Africa this series. They'll be back in the next series or IPL. Nohit also saved himself by strategically getting 'injured' in the nick of the time by using the standard procedure of getting injured by playing soccer. Nohit very well knows that it doesn't effects him He is already earning loads of money in IPL. Icant Sharma doesn't have to worry too. KKR and IPL bekons..
come on dude :nono:
Agreed about Nohit.Coward!
no' date='but they didn't chicken out.they got injured like anybody can[/quote'] Agreed. I am critical of Yuvi's fitness but I don't think he chickened out from this series. He has missed a fair few games in recent times including T20I's and ODI's as well. And to question VVS's commitment...:nono:
Yeah' date=' after smashing thousands of runs against McGrath, Warne, Lee, and Gillespie Laxman chickened out! Now I know what it must feel like to be on a padosi message board![/quote'] Those days are gone..Lachchu can't be even bothered to lead his local Hyderabad side (of which he was the honorary captain) if it doesn't suits him..