Discussing the 2nd test between India and SA at Kolkata, 2010

Discussing the 2nd test between India and SA at Kolkata, 2010  

1. 1.

• With an Hour Left Today
    • Tomorrow After Lunch
    • Other

Well done South Africa, close but not close enough. Thanks for dropping by though. Thanks for an absolute cracker of a series and keeping the test matches alive. 5 days of thrilling test match cricket and with out an opponent like South Africa it was never going to be this enjoyable. Awesome South Africa.. they also play in right spirits. I'd like to place them above Aussies at this point in time. They don't revert to any sort of foul play to win a game, they are usually a good bunch and they play good fighting cricket to boot. Again, thanks for the test series. Hopefully India will play South Africa more often in future. Thanks to BCCI for once for going for a two test series in place of two useless extra ODIs. For once BCCI did something sane.

RSA must be in complete agony. They've been unable to shut the door on many occasions(famous ones being Atherton 185* and the two recent tests against England) and have snatched draws from wins and today almost saved the test only to be denied a series win and a #1 ranking with minutes to go.

I couldn't watch a single delivery in the entire series, but even on cricinfo's text commentary, I enjoyed the matches. Amla played brilliantly scoring a century on each outing. Kallis was is usual brilliant self. I still can't believe they took the last match to the last nine deliveries. But that made the last wicket that much more thrilling.

Whatever the story South Africa have produce some terrific test series in the recent times. The couple against the Aussies, the one against England and now against India. If we are rejoicing a drawn series today that is certainly because we were playing South Africa. Any other test team we would have been disappointed to draw a test series at home.