Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

Rajiv

One of my friends got married recently and shifted to Australia after her marriage. One of her last acts of generosity when single was to gift me her collection of classic Hollywood movies ( on external hard disk and DvD). Talk about a windfall gain. I'm not the types to watch a movie on a computer/laptop. Never do that. I watch stuff only in theatres or rarely, if ever, on TV. But now that I have so many movies, I thought I'll try one out. I'd heard a lot about Schindler's list. So I decided to see it. Saw it for 45 mins. I must say, was totally stumped. :confused: What the hell was happening in the movie? Some random scenes one after the other. And there are so many characters introduced one after the other in the span of 15 mins that you lose track. Ben Kingsley is Jewish, why is he helping Schindler? So many :WTF: moments in the movie. Couldn't bear it anymore. Unless you have an active interest in German history/ world war history, this movie is a strict no no. It requires a lot of background information that you should know, if you want to understand the movie and appreciate it. My rating 2/10

Watched 1' date=' felt it was too slow in the first 10 minutes and switched it off. Heard the new one is good, might give it a try.[/quote'] The whole movie series (even the new one) is shot in the style of available/pre-recorded footage from camcorders/webcams/security cams etc. SOme of the scenes take 3/4 mins and a sudden action. It gives that jumpy after-effect. Anyway it's a cult hit and not very mainstream.

One of my friends got married recently and shifted to Australia after her marriage. One of her last acts of generosity when single was to gift me her collection of classic Hollywood movies ( on external hard disk and DvD). Talk about a windfall gain. I'm not the types to watch a movie on a computer/laptop. Never do that. I watch stuff only in theatres or rarely, if ever, on TV. But now that I have so many movies, I thought I'll try one out. I'd heard a lot about Schindler's list. So I decided to see it. Saw it for 45 mins. I must say, was totally stumped. :confused: What the hell was happening in the movie? Some random scenes one after the other. And there are so many characters introduced one after the other in the span of 15 mins that you lose track. Ben Kingsley is Jewish, why is he helping Schindler? So many :WTF: moments in the movie. Couldn't bear it anymore. Unless you have an active interest in German history/ world war history, this movie is a strict no no. It requires a lot of background information that you should know, if you want to understand the movie and appreciate it. My rating 2/10
i wonder why you want any movies Beside Shirtless khan and Gay 1? :dontknow:

lol I still haven't managed to watch it either. Every time I start it, I get bored and switch it off Maybe one day

I'd heard a lot about Schindler's list. So I decided to see it. Saw it for 45 mins. I must say' date= was totally stumped. :confused: What the hell was happening in the movie? Some random scenes one after the other. And there are so many characters introduced one after the other in the span of 15 mins that you lose track. Ben Kingsley is Jewish, why is he helping Schindler? So many :WTF: moments in the movie.
huh? what do you want to know better than the holocaust here? generally ,lot of people have good awareness about the holocaust. The nazi regime officially is not interested in saving any jewish life as their aim is racial purity. which means "races" like jews, people like gypsises and mentally retarded shud not mingle or be present among the "aryan race" . They wanted to rid germany and europe of jewry and other such "subhumans" period. Racial purity was hitler's obsession. The nazis in poland followed a tactic of concentrating jews in cramped areas in medieval style, ghettos ,where people starved to death or fell to disease. The jews are essentially treated as a subhuman with no access to jobs, food and movement, they can be killed at will. The fittest who can survive this ordeal are eventually sent to the death camps(concentration and extermination camps).For example jews around warsaw were cocnentrated in a ghetto in the city and later shipped to Treblinka to their deaths. This film is about the cracow ghetto . schindler is a nazi party official and sucessful business man. but he does not share the racial ideology of his party. he wants to save jewish lives in practical manner. Later in a brutal action, the SS liquidates the ghetto and the people are eventually sent to plasow camp. There are extermination camps like auschwitz where gas chambers kill jews on a mass scale and there are camps like bergen belsen where starvation,disease and executions do the job. The commandant of the plaszow is amon geoth, a sadist(like many SS ). Schindler bribes nazi officials and goeth to employ some 1000 jews in his factories and save their lives by crook. that's what the movie is about. kingsley is helping him save some jews by creating a list of employees they could use in arms factories owned by schindler under the pretext of aiding the german war effort. schindler did what he could to save lives under such a barbaric system and hopeless cricumstances. 6 million european jews were killed by hitler and his gang. 3.5 million were in the soviet nion-poland sector alone. 90% of poland's 2 million jews were murdered. for nation that once had 2 million jews , poland has less than 50000 today.

TinTin - 9.999 /10, esp on the visuals, 3d aspect. Every frame is a piece of art.. and attention to the detail is exemplary. These guys - Speilberg, Cameron etal, know how to make best use of current technology, and many times a bit ahead of the time. I am sure in less than a decade or so, human eyes wont be able to differentiate between CGI and real world scene.

Havent seen the movie, but read the book. One of the best ever and the only time I have cried while reading a book

TinTin - 9.999 /10, esp on the visuals, 3d aspect. Every frame is a piece of art.. and attention to the detail is exemplary. These guys - Speilberg, Cameron etal, know how to make best use of current technology, and many times a bit ahead of the time. I am sure in less than a decade or so, human eyes wont be able to differentiate between CGI and real world scene.
Where the puck did you watch it?