Should Rahul Dravid retire now???

I want to consolidate our position. If Dravid is struggling a bit then we have many who are doing just great. Eventually, you will have your wall rebuilt. We have VVS, SRT, VS and bit SR in good form so RD, MSD and GG can re-capture their form. That way we do not leave too much of a big whole by dropping RD. Imagin 1 of our top 3 scorers right now go bit into sluggish form. I wont expect a new guy like Pujara to take that huge burden, which if RD regains his form can easily handle. Anyways, oldies including VS are more vulnerable because of their fittness levels right now. So we should bring in Pujara that time again. Not every new comer will get a long run unless they perform. What GG did, every new comer has to perform at least 75% of that to be able to get permanent place in the team. SRaina and MVijay have performed well but they still need to keep doing it to come to GG's level right now. So lets continue with RD for these remaining 5 tests. We will know how things go very soon.

Now is the good time for Dravid to retire after series win at home against Aus. Disappointed with him for sending a debutant in his place in crucial 4th innings chase. He was known for fighting it out in most difficult of conditions against best bowlers. Now he himself dont believe in his own ability. :((
It was Dhoni's call, even had it been RD or Raina or Pujara the result would have been no different than what it is.
Now is the good time for Dravid to retire after series win at home against Aus. Disappointed with him for sending a debutant in his place in crucial 4th innings chase. He was known for fighting it out in most difficult of conditions against best bowlers. Now he himself dont believe in his own ability. :((
O STFU! Captain made the decision to send Pujara in at 3, not dravids choice! In India players obey and respect captains decisions
It was Dhoni's call' date=' even had it been RD or Raina or Pujara the result would have been no different than what it is.[/quote'] yes,but I'm wondering if it was a hint by Dhoni to RD,that he needs to buck up,or his time is nigh.I hope its just a move for this match.we need RD in SA,Eng,
yes' date='but I'm wondering if it was a hint by Dhoni to RD,that he needs to buck up,or his time is nigh.I hope its just a move for this match.we need RD in SA,Eng,[/quote'] A bit of both actually, its a good time to remind him (not that he isnt aware of) that there are a few youngsters around the corner, waiting to get in that No.3 position. But only a True Indian fan knows the real importance of Dravid in tournaments away from home. SA might be his Swan song. The tactic was for RD to shield the middle order and not for Dravid to be shielded. It worked even better than expected with Pujara's performance.
It was a good strategy to send Pujara in early so that RD can be there for later stages to handle the pressure if wickets fell.
Correct, perhaps they did not want two youngsters batting together in a run chase especially if we lost Sehwag, Dravid and Sachin early. Whatever the reason, turned out to be a masterstroke.
Correct, perhaps they did not want two youngsters batting together in a run chase especially if we lost Sehwag, Dravid and Sachin early. Whatever the reason, turned out to be a masterstroke.
two youngsters did bat together wen Veeru went:dontknow:
two youngsters did bat together wen Veeru went:dontknow:
yea but with wickets to back them up. can you imagine them together after we lost Sachin, Dravid and Raina with just Dhoni to come? anyways we are all speculating, but there was some sense in sending Pujara at #3 and holding RD back.

When we play in SA later this year - the imp of RD will be clear to all. I wonder if Raina, Pujara, Vijay, etc would be upto Steyn and Co bowling @ 90 mph on green tracks. The only good things for us are the SA tracks, which are nowhere as fast as they were in 90's. OTOH goddy spanked them in 90's and will surely spank them now :--D