Want to get in shape for summer? Join in...

Lurker

On 3/1/2017 at 0:55 PM, maniac said:

Moral of the story- Go for the doughnut or cheescake if you feel like it,stay happy and walk a little bit-You will be fine

I agree to an extent, but workout is a must if you want to stay in shape for sports and if you are obesed, then better do some kind of work outs as obesed people are more inclined to have heart attacks etc.

What is important here is to curb your excitement in the gym. Don't go crazy like doing crazy amount of deadlifts and crazy amount of other lifting and dumbells etc. Do what is required for your sport or for your body.

Some go crazy especially if they want to do lose weight and see fast results. 

I ensure not to go crazy on lifting. You do not have to do crazy lifting to be a bowler. 

34 minutes ago, maniac said:

Same here :giggle:

I rather be in the 15% category though...The less than 15% categories seem too freakish.

Lol true. Though feel six pack is bit overrated. As long as you have fit abs, that is good enough for me. It is funny to see people trying so hard for six pack etc. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Lol true. Though feel six pack is bit overrated. As long as you have fit abs, that is good enough for me. It is funny to see people trying so hard for six pack etc. 

I saw your pic from a few years ago. It would take you 6 lifetimes to get a 6 pack so I wouldn't be talking if I were you.

25 minutes ago, laaloo said:

And I just had veggie sandwich from Five Guys with Cajun Fries so that number just went up a bit :(

Haven't tried that in a while. Did they change their samdwich in anyway? I remember having once at an airport where it had good amount of vegetables etc. Did they introduce veggie patty now?

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Haven't tried that in a while. Did they change their samdwich in anyway? I remember having once at an airport where it had good amount of vegetables etc. Did they introduce veggie patty now?

No still the same. First time I'm having it lol. There were so many chains in Jersey but I never went inside. They opened one here in IA and there were lines  outside the store. It's pretty good.

5 minutes ago, laaloo said:

I saw your pic from a few years ago. It would take you 6 lifetimes to get a 6 pack so I wouldn't be talking if I were you.

Lol I am a fast bowler so I train to be just to be that. Probably gained the weight when I was injured and not playing. Don't know which picture you saw but I the most I ever was 185-190. I am 175 lbs now at 5'9" height. Need to lose about 10 more lbs. 165 is good enough for me. 

Just now, laaloo said:

No still the same. First time I'm having it lol. There were so many chains in Jersey but I never went inside. They opened one here in IA and there were lines  outside the store. It's pretty good.

Heard their fries are decent. Yes sandwich was good. That and chicfil A fries can be deadly combo. 

Just now, Cricketics said:

Heard their fries are decent. Yes sandwich was good. That and chicfil A fries can be deadly combo. 

I liked the sandwich. I forgot to add Jalapenos thinking they were those vinegar soaked ones but they were fresh. Will add next time. The cheese was good too. Simple sandwich but very good. Fries were alright. Wasn't too enamored by them.

34 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Lol I am a fast bowler so I train to be just to be that. Probably gained the weight when I was injured and not playing. Don't know which picture you saw but I the most I ever was 185-190. I am 175 lbs now at 5'9" height. Need to lose about 10 more lbs. 165 is good enough for me. 

Trundler Alert!!! :fear1:

Edited by maniac

58 minutes ago, maniac said:

Trundler Alert!!! :fear1:

Ya I am actually. No harm. For a USA level, ain't bad. It takes years of practice to even bowl 80mph or 132ks. 80mphs is a good speed may be not good for level of India, australia etc, but perfect for associate level. Yes, the more the better, and am working on it :)

Just now, Cricketics said:

Ya I am actually. No harm. For a USA level, ain't bad. It takes years of practice to even bowl 80mph or 132ks.

Just kidding buddy :nice:

Any videos of your bowling? may be IPL contract to replace your fellow Delhi native Rajat Bhatia who bowls at 110K's :giggle: and also chance to be groomed by Dhoni

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Just kidding buddy :nice:

Any videos of your bowling? may be IPL contract to replace your fellow Delhi native Rajat Bhatia who bowls at 110K's :giggle: and also chance to be groomed by Dhoni

Lol I know. I will put some videos once season starts and when I am bowling at my fullest. Currently training only and getting back to the game. 

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Same here :giggle:

I rather be in the 15% category though...The less than 15% categories seem too freakish.

True, in pics it all looks ok but in person yike. specially on

white skin , it looks more like, not far from actual meat. 

Black blokes look ok though

Edited by mishra