Countries you have visited/lived

EnterTheVoid

WC2011INDIA, a little story for you; When one of my friends lived in Tokyo, Japan, he used to sleep out in the public parks when he couldn`t afford the local accomodation. Ten years later, he is the marketing director of a company and gets paid to travel the world promoting the company.
lol. Where did he keep his belongings?

Those of you that have been to Germany, can you tell me whats it like? That's a country I seriously want to go to, for many reasons -- Rammstein, BMW, Mercedes etc etc
Been to the land of the Teutons only as a tourist. Being the vast country that it is, you would need a lot of time to cover all major cities/ tourist sites. Munich - You can visit the museums (you can spend half a day at the museum easily), summer palaces, night clubs, beer halls, English garden ( lots of 'interesting' stuff goes on around there :winky:) and marineplatz. From Munich, Castle Neuschwanstein is 3 hours drive away. Absolute must see. Better if done during the winter. Get one of those guides in period costumes. Not too sure if they'll let you jump off the keep though. Garmisch - An hour from Munich by road. Alpine Ski resort. Worth a try. Salzburg (in Austria)- Few kms from Munich. Birth place of Mozart and a castle overlooking the city. Dachua - A former concentration camp. I found all this stuff pretty depressing. Mostly you have youngsters as guides there. If you're bored of the history bit, you can always ask them what to do in the city. Nurenberg - If you take a train, you'd reach Nurenberg in 3 hours from Munich. Go to the Alt Stadt & the Frankenstein castle. Paved roads. Ride in a horse carriage. Classical music concerts. Baden- Baden and black forest. You can do the spa and buy cuckoo clocks. "Bholi si soorat" from DTPH was shot there. You can see those spots too. Black Forest is far from all other parts of Germany. Closest to Frankfurt, IIRC. Berlin - Nothing great here. Some decent kebabs and hookahs. Frankfurt- Worse than Berlin. Just some huge malls and many Germans. Heidelberg - Alt Stadt. The castle and the bridge across the river (can't remember which one it was) Other tips: Not a place to shop. Everything is expensive, including tourist souvenirs. Indian restaurants are exorbitant. Even in summer carry sweaters. Can be pretty chilly. Students get massive discounts on train travel, entrances to museums etc. So carry some document showing that you are a student. Even if you are doing a weekend course on book binding from an unknown unrecognized and unapproved Univ, carry all necessary identification showing that you are a student. :P You'll save a lot. Food: Always mention Henchen when you order non-veg. Henchen = chicken. Most of the meat, otherwise is bound to be pork. By default, in Germany, a bratwurst = bread roll with pork. Also, another of their favourite dishes, Sauerbraten contains beef. So Indians of whatever religious persuasion should better watch what they order. Finding halal restaurants may not be so easy. Language: Most of them speak English, though with a heavy accent. If you try speaking in German with them and you falter, they'll keep correcting you and you'll eventually give up. :(( To get back at them you can start correcting their English. :P

@sree_india' date=' what do you do for living, if u dont mind me asking? and are you married, if yes then have do you manage all this travelling for work purpose i guess...[/quote'] abey ye raaeesjaada hai - 2 paise kamata hoga, 40 udata hai..... aur kitne ICF ke log Shruti Hassan se mil chuke hain?

@sree_india' date=' what do you do for living, if u dont mind me asking? and are you married, if yes then have do you manage all this travelling for work purpose i guess...[/quote'] I am not married and I do not travel for work purposes. Did once upon a time ago, now no longer.

Lived:- Finland :heart: Germany France south korea :thumpdown: Visited:- Sweden :heart: Denmark :heart: Belgium Not bothered abt transits
:confused: I always thought you were an Indian, of the Tamil variety. You haven't lived in India? How did you end up being such a Sachin bhakt then?

:confused: I always thought you were an Indian, of the Tamil variety. You haven't lived in India? How did you end up being such a Sachin bhakt then?
lol.. mostly i lived in coimbatore and bangalore until my studies.. all my foreign trips are paid vacations sponsored by my companies :icflove: Err.. after participating in numerous dada vs sachin arguments i ended up as a devotee of sachin :haha:

btw Velu' date=' how are the massage parlors in Korea? do they guarantee happy ending or money back?[/quote'] half of the saloons here will give more than haircuts here , but i never tried it :nervous: anyway chicks are cheaper here :icflove: