CHE PUJARA is the real deal!

has a crappy stance doent he ' date=' but he got the job done today. Not sending dravid was a tactical move but they could have so easily sent Raina; Pujara came out and impressed instantly. [b']You could clearly see the difference between a pujara and badrinath. Now i just hope he builds on this start and not go rohit sharma way,
Badri is a different Kind of Batsman to What Pujara is, Badri is a Grinder who plays out time and Deliveries more than what Pujara does. Pujara plays his strokes and Never lets the pressure to mount on. Yet looks very Solid. Talking about Statistical Comparision with Pujara and Badri- Pujara has played Two innings, in which he has scored a knock as good as match winning. Badri has played only 3 innings in his entire life and made a gritty 50 against the best Pace battery of the world. So we cannot write off Badri, the guy deserved 6 innings atleast.

i stil cannot believe how EASY he made batting on a 5th day wicket look. bear in mind. hghest total ever chased at bangalore was 198. india breezed to a 7 wicket victory and it was mainly because pujara knocked the stuffing out of australia. a debutant, knocked the stuffing out of australia, in a 4th innings, on a cracked pitch on the 5th day. the more u think about it, the better it sounds. ppl can talk about him playing elsewhere, away from india, etc. but if he can do well in these circumstances, he will do well ANYWHERE. this was like a kid in his first year of college, absolutely acing a 4th year 400-level exam.

Great innings by Pujara.After failing to impress in the first innings he must have been under lot of pressure in the second,but he handled it well.He didn't show any sign of nerve which was very impressive given he was on debut.This lad has a great future ahead,could be our next Dravid :) Hi,everyone :wavey:

The following sums up Che's knock and life-

What a knock, though. You wait five years for the call from selectors. You keep scoring runs.You finally get that call. You wait for six hours to bat and you get a grubber, a shooter. You then get promoted ahead of your idol Rahul Dravid in the second innings. And play a super knock. Sometimes, dreams do come true. Sometimes..
Great innings by Pujara.After failing to impress in the first innings he must have been under lot of pressure in the second,but he handled it well.He didn't show any sign of nerve which was very impressive given he was on debut.This lad has a great future ahead,could be our next Dravid :) Hi,everyone :wavey:
welcome to icf :icflove:

Why was Cheteshwar Pujara sent at number 3 It was a gamble that paid off for the man with the midas touch MSD.. What was the tactic here, Was he sent with the instructions to switch hit or was he sent to avoid having to take the pressure of playing to save the match incase we lose wickets too soon..

Our next batsman with 50+ Test Avg. I hope they never select him in the ODI squad for atleast a year or two for his own good.
Disagree. Needs to be in odi squad asap. Bowlers yes they need to be protected some times. Kept away from odis so tip top for tests or lines and leghts not disrupted etc. But batsman have no such issues. The more they bat the better and frankly 50 overs interntional cricket is good work out for test batting. It will help his development and improve, much better then just having nets etc. Its not is if you can shiled players from shorter formats anyway. With IPL they play it all the time and Pujra has been playing a few years of IPL, does not seem to have hindered him at all. In fact helps you deal with pressure etc same as odis will. Get him in odi side now!
I hope they never select him in the ODI squad for atleast a year or two for his own good.
Agreed. And why are we selecting him for Tontee-Tontee!!! He shows initial class, and that should be nurtured in the form of India-A tours, English county cricket etc. Tontee-Tontee will only hurt him, but moar IPL moar! I hope this Rajasthan, Punjab issues cause a meltdown of that i.pu.l Anyway - He looked good and good luck to the lad. We will have to wait until he goes on Away tours and bowlers will try to work him out in the next year, so lets see how he does after 1 or 2 years. Great job on debut! :thumbs_up: