CHE PUJARA is the real deal!

Agree with the OP. An absolutely brilliant innings under pressure. To appreciate what Pujara has done, we have to look at the last debutant to score a 50 for India in the 4th innings. That happens to be Sunny Gavaskar. That is how rarely debutants make such an impact on the match. Besides, I really liked what i saw of Pujara. IMO, he looks more promising than Vijay & Raina. Pujara can easily bat in the top 4. I guess he may still be lower in the pecking order (below Vijay & Raina) in the short term, but will be a shoo-in to the test lineup in the long term. This also also marks the end of Yuvraj's (and Badri's) test hopes and Yuvraj has only himself to blame.

Just out of interest' date='who is this guy?[/quote'] Che Guevara - Latino Guerilla leader, much like the Mao of Latin world. Revolutionary who was instrumental in forming the Cuban govt in 1962. Was killed by CIA-backed forces in Bolivia. For Americans he is a commie bastard, but for Latinos a symbol for anti-establishment, anti-capitalist activism. Nowadays He is sported on T-shirts by some celebrities, as a mere fashion statement. che.gif
stance looked ugly at first but the guy plays with super temperament.. but still dont like all these praises after just one game...
Agree. People are in euphoria esp. Manny. It takes a while when bowlers devise plans, work on your weakness and I hope Che comes out on top, but while thats the hope, we need to wait for a year or two before it can be seen. Proclaiming that he is the replacement for our legends is a bit too premature. You can only say he seems to have a great potential and he has shown fantastic composure in this match.
Agree. People are in euphoria esp. Manny. It takes a while when bowlers devise plans, work on your weakness and I hope Che comes out on top, but while thats the hope, we need to wait for a year or two before it can be seen. Proclaiming that he is the replacement for our legends is a bit too premature. You can only say he seems to have a great potential and he has shown fantastic composure in this match.
Agreed there. For me, if anyone has to be in him to be the Next big thing, only this guys has (Prominent chance that is). Others may prove in the future, But they havent looked as convincing as this guy on debut.
He stance looks like awkward' date=' His style reminds me of Anshuman Gaekwad, someone compared him to VVS.there is no comparison , Laxman is the most elegant player[/quote'] Who gives a damn about stance we want runs and victories and what i saw today shows Pujara is going to be quailty player in indian cricket i hope he doesnt turn into another Rohit sharma
Who gives a damn about stance we want runs and victories and what i saw today shows Pujara is going to be quailty player in indian cricket i hope he doesnt turn into another Rohit sharma
Did I ask you to give a damn about stance, I just gave my views why are getting worked up.He did great today.I never said anything bad about him.
I think everyone is hyping him a bit too much. Let us give him space to grow. When was the last time we picked a batsman directly for Tests before ODIs? KKD or Parthiv?
Murali Vijay :giggle:

Pujara is a decent batsmen.Can't compare him with Legends like VVS, Dravid.He looks pretty organized and has some variety of shots, but i am still not convinced by his stance and his Flick shot, he looks to fall over for a ball while flicking, and more often on slow tracks can pop it up in the air towards that Mid-wicket fielder.Having said that, it was his first game, and we need to take a look at this guy for another 4-5 games before commenting on his future.yes this man looks good, solid, but still his weaknesses(if any) will come out in the near future as we see him play more and more.I think he can be given chances in the upcoming NZ series and shall be taken to S.Africa for some practice games to see whether he can play on those tricky conditions well.