THE WTF news of the day thread

Gambit

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/SM-Krishna-reads-Portuguese-ministers-speech-at-UN/articleshow/7483448.cms SM Krishna reads Portuguese minister's speech at UN Chidanand Rajghatta, TNN, Feb 12, 2011, 10.03pm IST WASHINGTON: The flub, in the eyes of Indian officialdom, was minor; but the feedback was ferocious. India's external affairs minister SM Krishna, frequently under attack for not being up to speed in 21st century engagements, gave some more ammunition to his critics by inadvertently reading out the speech of the Portuguese foreign minister at a UN meeting on Friday. He cottoned on to the mistakes a couple of minutes into his delivery, but the faux pas rippled through the electronic world for hours, inviting both sarcasm and merriment. :hahaha: :rotfl: "Maybe Portugal has outsourced its speech to Bangalore," read one message on social networking site.

Malaysia tiger mauling stopped by wife with soup ladle A man has been rescued from a near-fatal attack by a tiger in northern Malaysia by his wife. She entered the fray wielding a wooden soup ladle at the tiger - which fled. Tambun Gediu, now badly lacerated and recovering in hospital, had tried hitting the tiger away in vain and says his wife saved his life. Wildlife rangers plan to track the tiger and send it further into dense, unpopulated jungle in the the northern state of Perak. "I was trailing a squirrel and crouched to shoot it with my blowpipe when I saw the tiger. "That's when I realised that I was being trailed," Mr Gediu said after surgery. The tiger pounced not far from the Gediu home in a jungle settlement of the Jahai tribe. Mr Gediu had tried climbing a tree to escape the animal, but was dragged down by the tiger. His wife, 55-year old Han Besau, rushed out of the kitchen on hearing his screams and used the kitchen implement to good effect. "I was terrified and I used all my strength to punch the animal in the face, but it would not budge," the New Straits Times newspaper quoted him as saying. "I had to wrestle with it to keep its jaws away from me, and it would have clawed me to death if my wife had not arrived." It was the first time anyone in the village had been attacked by a tiger. The director of the Department of Wildlife and National Parks in the state, Shabrina Mohd Shariff, estimated that there were about 200 tigers in the jungles of Perak. She added that five had been spotted near the major East-West Highway in the region.

Mumtaz Qadri' date=' Killer Of Pakistan Governor Salman Taseer, Greeted With Valentine Cards And Flowers After Guilty Plea[/size'] :WTF: %7Boption%7Dhttp://i.huffpost.com/gen/247467/thumbs/r-VALENTINES-DAY-PAKISTAN-large570.jpg[ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/14/mumtaz-qadri-killer-of-pa_n_822835.html
Why are men giving him valentine's card? Pakistan wallah!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Why are men giving him valentine's card? Pakistan wallah!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: The man will have a rocking time in some Pakistani jail.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: The man will have a rocking time in some Pakistani jail.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Lol, I think his going to enjoy dropping the soap!!

Lakers Host John Ireland Will Quit Job, Walk Home from Cleveland After Loss KCAL 9 Lakers reporter and KSPN radio host John Ireland was so confident the Los Angeles Lakers would beat the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday he declared on the radio he would “quit my job and walk home if the Lakers lose.” Sure enough, after making strong promises like that the Lakers did the unthinkable and lost to the worst team in the NBA 104-99. Just in case Ireland didn’t know the way back to LA from Cleveland, we mapped it out for him: Ireland, who is a former co-worker of LB and extremely nice guy, was obviously not prepared for the guarantee to blow up in his face. He actually predicted a 13-point Lakers win, so it’s not as if he envisioned a blowout. Ireland said he would return to LA for an event in Manhattan Beach Thursday, then fly back to Cleveland to walk home. At that point he’ll only be a guest on his former show. http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/lakers_host_john_ireland_will_quit_job_walk_home_from_cleveland_after_loss/4178898 Cleveland to LA :omg:

Man drives away with Rs 80-lakh Audi from Ahmedabad showroom AHMEDABAD: A suave customer flashing a Rado watch, gold necklaces and expensive clothes on Thursday walked into a car showroom on SG highway and took off with an Audi Q7 worth around Rs 80 lakh. The showroom officials realised, too late, that the chic demeanour was a ploy and the customer was a thief. A complaint of car theft was later lodged by Chandrakant Shah, an employee of the Audi showroom, with the Vastrapur police station. According to the complainant, the man in his early 30s had identified himself as Bhavesh Kabra. The man, who speaks good English, walked into the showroom in the afternoon and first impressed the employees with his style and then sought to test drive his "favourite car" — Audi Q7. Sales representative Chandresh Desai accompanied the 'customer' for the test ride. "Desai says they drove down the SG highway. Near the Science City, the man asked Desai to drive the vehicle as he wanted to enjoy the view from the backseat. He stepped out of the white-coloured car and Desai followed suit. Before Desai could walk around to the driver's seat, the man quickly got into the car and drove off," said S M Parmar, sub-inspector of Vastrapur police station. Though all police check posts were alerted, the vehicle is yet to be traced. Link

Man drives away with Rs 80-lakh Audi from Ahmedabad showroom AHMEDABAD: A suave customer flashing a Rado watch, gold necklaces and expensive clothes on Thursday walked into a car showroom on SG highway and took off with an Audi Q7 worth around Rs 80 lakh. The showroom officials realised, too late, that the chic demeanour was a ploy and the customer was a thief. A complaint of car theft was later lodged by Chandrakant Shah, an employee of the Audi showroom, with the Vastrapur police station. According to the complainant, the man in his early 30s had identified himself as Bhavesh Kabra. The man, who speaks good English, walked into the showroom in the afternoon and first impressed the employees with his style and then sought to test drive his "favourite car" — Audi Q7. Sales representative Chandresh Desai accompanied the 'customer' for the test ride. "Desai says they drove down the SG highway. Near the Science City, the man asked Desai to drive the vehicle as he wanted to enjoy the view from the backseat. He stepped out of the white-coloured car and Desai followed suit. Before Desai could walk around to the driver's seat, the man quickly got into the car and drove off," said S M Parmar, sub-inspector of Vastrapur police station. Though all police check posts were alerted, the vehicle is yet to be traced. Link
Wow, thats quite sleek. :--D:--D