The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk

mastana

The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk  

1. 1.

• India will win
    • West Indies will win

Il prefer Munaf over Nehra but i dont know why they are not trying out SREESANTH
Sree can do well with new ball. But he can also do worse with new ball. It is quiet a conundrum. But even though i dont want him but he is the only guy who is capable of bowling a peach of a delivery out of the blue.
Nehra is backed by the seniors
Wow. So our team has become much like a college/high school posse- the seniors get what they want and cold shoulder anybody who isn't in their Hardy Boy squad :roll: What utter crap this is. Nehra may have a better record than Patel overall but Munaf has bowled far straighter thus far in the WC and doesn't give as much room to the batsmen as Nehra does. If at all Nehra is picked it shouldn't be on the basis of what some spoilt brats want.
Il prefer Munaf over Nehra but i dont know why they are not trying out SREESANTH
+1. B/w Munaf and Nehra they are trying to decide who is LESS WORSE, so to speak:hysterical: Sad , actually ! I think we Indians are big optimists... dreaming of winning the WC with options like Munaf and Nehra :omg:
"This is the most disgusting lot' date=" said a senior local organising committee member, preferring anonymity. "The Indians just don't follow any routine and don't even inform the people concerned about their plans. Other teams are so different." But then one has to accept a few things while dealing with superstars.
:cantstop::cantstop: Mera Bharat Mahaan indeed.
Sreesanth has been unfairly treated
I think so too. He's very volatile but on a good day, this is how he bowls: iwP8VexfhYQ It's unfair to chuck him out based on a terrible game while others get so many chances. If Nehra can be cherry picked on the basis of past accolades, then why not SS? That said, if SS is brought back and does badly again, it will be more to do with shattered confidence and low self esteem, much of which will be our captain's doing.
we are playing three spinner and two fast bowlers just imagine shree getting thrashed over in the early over dhoni will compelled to introduce spinners in power play itself which is not good idea

Every fast bowler goes for runs in sub continent wickets especially if he is trying for wickets and trying something extra. Sometimes the extra pace or the variation will help the batsmen play shots. Other teams like Australia, England, SA back their pacers even when they have a bad day but in case of India, we never back our bowlers and we get bowlers like Munaf, Nehra who dont look like they can hurt a fly. I feel Sreesanth is the best pace option right now but it will always be a gamble with him because of his mental instability. Dhoni doesnt look like he has too much confidence in him either. So he will probably sit out for the rest of the tournament. The best thing would have been to try out Sree against Netherlands and see if he had a good rhythm going and also try him out in the power play but they missed that opportunity.

we are playing three spinner and two fast bowlers just imagine shree getting thrashed over in the early over dhoni will compelled to introduce spinners in power play itself which is not good idea
That is so negative way to think, why cant you imagine him picking up two wickets which will help spinners later.

Dhoni should be mulling over his role actually apart from wicket keeping , he has done nothing in this cup. His captaincy is dreadful and he does not back the players he doesn't like at all.The less we talk about his uninspiring batting the better it is but he is ready to give statements on how others are not doing their jobs forgetting when was last time he did his job.

They forgot Munaf also conceded 13 runs in the last over against England to a much lesser batsman Shehzaad in comparison to Peterson...both are equally bad in these conditions..but Munaf is better somewhat with the new ball and in middle overs..he bowls straight and mixes the pace....he should complete his quota of overs before the slog overs start, till 40 overs.

If England loses today, India will be in the quarters without needing to wait for WI matych result.. In that case, why won't Sachin get a restand let Raina gets a chance. By that, we will get better picture of who can be picked for quarters. Raina/ Kohli/ Pathan should have to perform in that match to proceed on.. I still think, Pathan is a must for next matches (especially for the WI match). He is a pressure absorber.. He is a match winner.. He needs to persisted with.

If England loses today' date=' India will be in the quarters without needing to wait for WI matych result.. In that case, why won't Sachin get a restand let Raina gets a chance. .[/quote'] because if QF or SF gets rained out, whoever has a better group standing will go thro' to the next round. So its better we win against WI and get #2 in the group.
If England loses today' date=' India will be in the quarters without needing to wait for WI matych result.. In that case, why won't Sachin get a rest and let Raina gets a chance. By that, we will get better picture of who can be picked for quarters. Raina/ Kohli/ Pathan should have to perform in that match to proceed on.. I still think, Pathan is a must for next matches (especially for the WI match). He is a pressure absorber.. He is a match winner.. He needs to persisted with.[/quote'] Yep, Ind could use that game to sort a few things out. It is not a bad idea to see how the batting does w/o Sachin :nice:
because if QF or SF gets rained out' date=' whoever has a better group standing will go thro' to the next round. So its better we win against WI and get #2 in the group.[/quote'] I don't think he said Ind should lose unless the assumption is that playing w/o Sachin equals an automatic loss :P