India vs Australia QF : Pre-match talk

Guys dont cry about pitches....have faith in Indian team and also on OZ performance against Pak ....
The poor performance against Pak makes our task doubly hard as Aussies seldom have 2 bad games in a row. They are not like Windies who lose day in day out. We have to be on the top of our game to beat Aus and we need to make use of our home advantage.
Kohli would be cannon fodder for aussie batsmen. Plus he's not a regular bowler and even couple of loose balls every over will go for boundaries in the power-play overs. We can try him for an over or two in the middle overs but not at the start of an innings coz if he gets hit the pressure is off Aus and they get off to a decent start. We have to be on the ball right from the start and Ashwin & Munaf/Sreesanth give us the best chance. After the power-plays are done with' date=' over to Harbhajan, Yuvi and Zaheer :smiley:[/quote'] I want to get rid of Munna, Nehra & Sreesanth (Santh will not play anyway). What's the point of playing Munna for 5 overs? He's a huge liability for just 5 overs. If his overs can be managed by other players, we can have asolid bowling line up of Zak and atleast 3 spinners or YP can play. At present because of Munna, YP might have to sit out.. And there's no harm in giving Kohli few overs in the middle. Why do you reckon that he'll go for runs? If you have got few wickets down and Aussies are looking to consolidate, Kohli can bowl few overs then..It's not that Aussies will be going for an all out attack..
What was so special about him? Took the wicket of debut player and No. 11 batsman! Bishoo playing his second match of his career got 1 wicket of Dhoni for 48 runs! Ashwin got 2 wickets for 41 runs Only 7 runs difference They way people were talking about Ashwin I thought he will take at least 4 wickets and few maidens with giving less than 30 runs! India should go with 3 seamers and 2 spinners and drop 1 batsman either Yousuf or Raina.
Well He bowled in the power play and got our first wicket. He went for (some) runs since dhoni persisted with him for 7-8 overs and the WI had been used to him. he is bound to go for some runs.
Three pacers against Aus cost us the last word cup. Bad bad strategy. Look no further than what Pakistan did. They cannot play spin.
You play 2+2 if the pitch has something in it for the spinners. Pak spinners were successful because of the nature of that pitch in Colombo. And don't forget it was Pak seamers took 60% of wkts on that surface and made things happen for spinners to capitalize upon :winky: My assumption is that the pitch would be flat at A'bad. If it has something in it for the spinners, then we all know what needs to be done (there is no point even in writing that)
I want to get rid of Munna, Nehra & Sreesanth (Santh will not play anyway). What's the point of playing Munna for 5 overs? He's a huge liability for just 5 overs. If his overs can be managed by other players, we can have asolid bowling line up of Zak and atleast 3 spinners or YP can play. At present because of Munna, YP might have to sit out.. And there's no harm in giving Kohli few overs in the middle. Why do you reckon that he'll go for runs? If you have got few wickets down and Aussies are looking to consolidate, Kohli can bowl few overs then..It's not that Aussies will be going for an all out attack..
The main problem is who will bowl up-front of we don't have Munaf. Harbhajan, Chawla and Kohli can't bowl in the power-plays and Zaheer will have to share the new ball with Ashwin. In that case Zaheer won't have enough overs to make use of old ball and reverse swing.
You have to do it in Australian way. Attack Attack Attack.... that is how Aussies won. Before you blink your eye everything would have been over.
:two_thumbs_up: And we need to attack with spin, plus make sure we don't fall in a heap and gift one of their fast bowlers a 5 wkt haul. We got away against WI today but Aussies wouldn't be too magnanimous if we put up a sub-par total.
The main problem is who will bowl up-front of we don't have Munaf. Harbhajan' date=' Chawla and Kohli can't bowl in the power-plays and Zaheer will have to share the new ball with Ashwin. In that case Zaheer won't have enough overs to make use of old ball and reverse swing.[/quote'] Just for the 5 PP overs, Munna has to play? YP and Ashwin can bowl in PP overs..YP can throw Darts.. He can field and bat well as compare to Munna. Once Sachin and Viru are back YP has a real danger of getting dropped. I would rather have YP in the team that that Pregnant Lady, Munna..

I will take the day off.... No need to put sick leave to office...nobody in the office going to belive me even if i am actaully sick that day. So putting a PL for the match ..... 3 more restless days...... same for semi....unless Match was shown in Big screen in office...(watched 2007 T20 final in office hall..with 100s of cheering colleagues...great experience)

I want to get rid of Munna, Nehra & Sreesanth (Santh will not play anyway). What's the point of playing Munna for 5 overs? He's a huge liability for just 5 overs. If his overs can be managed by other players, we can have asolid bowling line up of Zak and atleast 3 spinners or YP can play. At present because of Munna, YP might have to sit out.. And there's no harm in giving Kohli few overs in the middle. Why do you reckon that he'll go for runs? If you have got few wickets down and Aussies are looking to consolidate, Kohli can bowl few overs then..It's not that Aussies will be going for an all out attack..
So the usefulness of Munaf is judged based upon his 5 overs against a WI side that too when it was without players like Gayle and C'paul! The link below shows how things are likely to go against strong sides on decent batting surfaces: LINK .... Pay attention to the wkts column :winky:
Personally I would not. Australia strengths are their openers, Watson in particular. He is a power hitting and would murder spinners with only 2 fielders on the boundaries
If given an option, we know that you will personally fill the team with 4 Yuvis and 4 Harbajans and 3 Chawlas. By the way, how is it burning inside? :hysterical:
Just for the 5 PP overs' date=' Munna has to play? YP and Ashwin can bowl in PP overs..YP can throw Darts.. He can field and bat well as compare to Munna. Once Sachin and Viru are back YP has a real danger of getting dropped. I would rather have YP in the team that that Pregnant Lady, Munna..[/quote'] YP can bowl 2-3 overs max but any decent side will not allow him to get away with 5 overs, especially in PP. I am following the SL model in 96 - they used to play Vaas and Wickramsinghe as pacers and bowl in the first 15 overs. After that they were sldom used as Murali, Dharamsena, Aravinda, Jayasuriya etc. used to take it from there. In fact Wickramsinghe used to only bowl anywhere between 3-7 overs in the match and Vaas 7-10 overs. If Munaf does the job in first 15 overs nothing like it. Plus I will use him for 8 overs straight up to 15 overs not just for 5 overs. If he returns figure of 1/40 in 8 overs he would have done his job.
If given an option' date=' we know that you will personally fill the team with 4 Yuvis and 4 Harbajans and 3 Chawlas. By the way, how is it burning inside? :hysterical:[/quote'] :hysterical: isn't he the guy who said Chawla and Ashwin are both similar and equally risky even though Ashwin's average is 23 and Chawla's 35!!!
YP can bowl 2-3 overs max but any decent side will not allow him to get away with 5 overs, especially in PP. I am following the SL model in 96 - they used to play Vaas and Wickramsinghe as pacers and bowl in the first 15 overs. After that they were sldom used as Murali, Dharamsena, Aravinda, Jayasuriya etc. used to take it from there. In fact Wickramsinghe used to only bowl anywhere between 3-7 overs in the match and Vaas 7-10 overs. If Munaf does the job in first 15 overs nothing like it. Plus I will use him for 8 overs straight up to 15 overs not just for 5 overs. If he returns figure of 1/40 in 8 overs he would have done his job.
*This is 2011, not 1996 :winky: * The way the game is played has changed a little, including using the reverse swing more and the batting PP * In 1996, SL played mostly at home, SF at Eden which was known to assist spinners and the final in Lahore, where OZ did get a competitive score but SL batting was good enough to chase it down * We don't have a spinner who is even 80% of Murali was back then. Zak can be compared with Vaas as Vaas was in good form then, if I recall correctly Anyways, you guys can continue with your analysis. It is definitely not for me :P