How many of you have pets?

Bublu Bhuyan

A baby squirrel was injured on the road just outside our house' date='I took him home after waiting for his mother as few dog were also nearby and he did not even open his eyes .Hydrated him with water with sugar and salt and even tried to use a syringe and gave him some boiled milk with yogurt and cream.He peed and pooled and looked healthy but today morning he died.:(( .Buried him in the garden.RIP.[/quote'] You should only feed it with diluted milk. 3 drops, 3 times a day. :sad: I don't think it would digest yogurt.

You should only feed it with diluted milk. 3 drops' date=' 3 times a day. :sad: I don't think it would digest yogurt.[/quote'] Bit of yoghurt was recommended on squirrel care forums.It did not even open it eyes but after eating it opened it eyes and was active,It came as a shock he died.

Bit of yoghurt was recommended on squirrel care forums.
How much did yoghurt did you feed it? I read that at a very young age, it should be fed with few drops of water or milk. No idea about the yoghurt. May be it din't live long due to the injuries. They are so frigging tiny.

squirrel care forums!!!:omg: Are there any forums to advice on how to keep these cute bastards off our lives? They come and eat my flowers,any veg or fruit I manage to grow ....even take away rubber bands and all kind of stuff for their nest.I was so looking forward to having lemons in a pot.I took such care...one fine day when little lemons appeared ....it took just a few minutes for them to nibble off.Same with tomatoes.Now they are just ripping of the stems of my chilly plants.If they were not so cute...I would get a catapult to sort them out.:sniffle:

A baby squirrel was injured on the road just outside our house' date='I took him home after waiting for his mother as few dog were also nearby and he did not even open his eyes .Hydrated him with water with sugar and salt and even tried to use a syringe and gave him some boiled milk with yogurt and cream.He peed and pooled and looked healthy but today morning he died.:(( .Buried him in the garden.RIP.[/quote'] :((poor thing. Last winter...a squirrel fell off 3-4 floor.It was not hurt but stunned,totally motionless.I picked it up and held it against my body inside my jacket.After about 10-15 minutes,it peed on me:((and jumped out and ran away.

I grew up with lots of pets....dogs ,rabbits,hen and what not. Some of our dogs were Brandy,whisky,trigger,bullet.... I remember..the stray dogs without collars were called...civilian dogs:haha: One of the hen was called Meera...:--D My brother and I used to buy chicks and at one time we had about 100 of them...we used to herd them like people herd sheep......most of them were taken away by crows and eagles not to mention cats.:((

^ same pinch. :D we owned a poultry farm, there r lot of chicks there, but I wanted blue color chick, not white. That too the ones sold by the guy in cycle, who carries a lot of colored ones :giggle:
You can sleep with one if you play Mass Effect. :winky:
S7142pRZkME

^ same pinch. :D we owned a poultry farm, there r lot of chicks there, but I wanted blue color chick, not white. That too the ones sold by the guy in cycle, who carries a lot of colored ones :giggle:
Those chicks are just painted.......we got lot of pink ones...but most chicks sold by cycles wallahs are male chicks as most of the females are probably sold to poultry farms.We didn't own a farm....just had a huge house as dad was in Army and those days sometimes we used to live in huge bungalows. Almost all the chicks we had were male and although very few survived long enough but it was so strange to hear ....scruffy little cocks(:giggle:)trying to go...cookadoo coo all the time all over the place....in squeaky voices.:--D

:((poor thing. Last winter...a squirrel fell off 3-4 floor.It was not hurt but stunned,totally motionless.I picked it up and held it against my body inside my jacket.After about 10-15 minutes,it peed on me:((and jumped out and ran away.
This one did not even have his eyes open.He would act like dead when i went to feed him. I waited till night for her mother but she did not show up.Really poor soul ,I regret not doing more for him.

Hate Squirells,there used to be a park near my old office,the squirrels there were so f***ng annoying,they wouldn't even be scared of humans,if you were eating something they would be staring at you like they would just rip your face off and grab it....Creepy,almost like a B-Grade horror movie :fear:

This one did not even have his eyes open.He would act like dead when i went to feed him. I waited till night for her mother but she did not show up.Really poor soul ,I regret not doing more for him.
Its very tiny. Was probably injured. No need to blame yourself. When I called up the animal care guys, they said having squirrels as pet is illegal because its very sensitive take care of.

Hate Squirells' date='there used to be a park near my old office,the squirrels there were so f***ng annoying,they wouldn't even be scared of humans,if you were eating something they would be staring at you like they would just rip your face off and grab it....Creepy,almost like a B-Grade horror movie :fear:[/quote'] Squirrels here just ran away if a human sees them.We have many birdhouse's they eat the grains which birds drop.

Squirrels here just ran away if a human sees them.We have many birdhouse's they eat the grains which birds drop.
Yeah thats the way I remember squirells too,the place I am mentioning is right in the middle of the city,so maybe we took over their habitat and they just learnt to overcome their fear. In Hyderabad where I am from,the area used to be a habitat for Monkeys in the past,but now with the real estate expansion they have no where to go,we still see them creating nuisance from time to time,like knocking out Satellite dishes,etc...they dont seem too intimidated by humans either

It was probably too young to survive without a mom . You did your best.**** happens.:icflove: The one I picked up was a big adult one.....

when i was a kid , we had a cat which was an established hunter .. regularly it use to catch birds , lizards or squirrel and play with it before killing.. me and my younger brother use to enjoy the way our kitty toys with squirrels :icflove:

Can't pinpoint a reason,I just find them annoying:dontknow: maybe the neighbour's dog that wakes me up early morning by barking continously is one of the reasons:--D My whole family hates them,so maybe its genetic :hmmm:
I used to have a dog. Had him since I was a boy actually. When he was 14 yrs old he got cancer and I completely wussed out and told my parents that I would follow them to the vet's office for the final injection but I never went. My father who had polio growing up, who never even wept when his Mom died, was bawling. My mom did pooja for a week and my sister got a new boyfriend right away. It was WAY more traumatic than any of us ever expected. :hysterical: Even now it is very TABOO in my home to talk about him. If we do, it only him as a puppy. I think it is like this b/c pretty much our youth just died on us and my parents loved that dog just as much as their own children. LOL. TL;DR: It will be a long cold day in hell before I get another dog and put myself through that ever again. in b4 jokes.:((