Bad memories haunting Veeru, says psychologist

New Delhi, June. 7 (PTI): Struggling for form, Virender Sehwag needs to battle not only opposition bowlers, but also his "bad memories". This is the advice leading psychologist Vaibhav Agashe has for the embattled Indian batsman. Agashe has trained the minds of big-wigs such as Olympic silver medallist Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, World Champion Abhinav Bindra (both shooters) and world's second youngest-ever Grandmaster Parimarjan Negi to reach the pinnacle in their respective sports. Agashe said Rathore worked with him after winning the Olympic medal which emphasises the significance of mental training all the more. The Delhi-based mental trainer felt Sehwag needed to keep his bad memories away and visualise what he did to succeed in his initial days. "As far as his cricketing technique is concerned, I cannot comment on that. But I will love to work with Sehwag (on his state of mind). I think he should relive the memories of his best performances," Agashe told PTI in an exclusive interview. "When the negative images are disproportionately larger in your mind it puts you into a stressful state and the threat of failure becomes bigger. "So one should go back to the positive memories and bring them to the forefront of the mind or the things which helped you rise," he added. http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/holnus/007200706071754.htm

This piece is wrong at so many levels that its frustating. Viru should shove his bat up this docs back side. How can the doc discuss what went on between him and viru with media ? How desperate is out media couldnt get the player so caught his doctor.

This doctor didnt treat Viru. He has given this statement based on what he has seen... And you dont need a psychologist to say that Viru's prblems are more mental than cricketing... The guy is a proven performer and not someone with just loads of talent who cant score. He has scored in the past , that too heavily against quality opposition.