Sachin Tendulkar or Vivian Richards?

@ananthd In ODI: Your personal choices over Sachin is Viv (not because of stats) but because its your choice In Tests: Your personal choices over Sachin is DGB ( because of average runs scored per inning stats) Your personall choice is Ricky Ponting as closest batsman to Viv. We are not discussing here to change anyones personal Choice. BTW as for OP. Look at my signature. You can google it too. We think Sachin is god assuming that God may or may not exist. But to me it looks like DGB as number 2 thought or DGB not good enough thought is more sacrilegious among certain section of cricketing world and fans. Cant ask Bradman to beat Tendulakr with bat hence take down Tendulkars achievement. PS: If it wasnt to internet we would have never questioned Bradman or anyone else who were in the list and believed in personal choices of that "certain section of cricketing world and fans. "

@ananthd In ODI: Your personal choices over Sachin is Viv (not because of stats) but because its your choice In Tests: Your personal choices over Sachin is DGB ( because of average runs scored per inning stats) Your personall choice is Ricky Ponting as closest batsman to Viv. We are not discussing here to change anyones personal Choice. BTW as for OP. Look at my signature. You can google it too. We think Sachin is god assuming that God may or may not exist. But to me it looks like DGB as number 2 thought or DGB not good enough thought is more sacrilegious among certain section of cricketing world and fans. Cant ask Bradman to beat Tendulakr with bat hence take down Tendulkars achievement. PS: If it wasnt to internet we would have never questioned Bradman or anyone else who were in the list and believed in personal choices of that "certain section of cricketing world and fans. "
Who said my personal choice is DGB for the Test team? I'll consider Sunil Gavaskar the first in any Test X1 and that's not just because he was an opener. Again this is a personal judgement, not entirely objective. I'm not taking down anybody. Sachin's one of the greatest. By sheer numbers he is probably. But I loathe comparisons across eras and it's unfair to all the players involved.

WTF why 20 pages for a simple answer..SRT >VIV simply because of the pressure he took ( and still is) for the past ahem..20 GOD damn years...give me a break.If Richards was that great he would have been playing..he played exceptional in his time and retired gracefully while GODDY is busy churning out 90's and 100's and 200's even today. end of argument..no more stats no BS.

Both are all time greats, Richards did not care about numbers, stats, much ,he marched to his own drum, he could have had broken more records easily, Sachine embodies everything from talent, dedication , drive,he is tied down by expectations and rarely u seem him play taking risks.I would given a choice of watching Richards or Sachin , maybe watch Richards , he was a bit unpredictable and regardless of the game would try dominate, not wear a helmet, I have seen him hit a perfect yorker for a six.If I would want someone to bat for me to save a test it would be Lara neither Richards or Sachin, if I have to choose the most dependable batsmen then it would be Sachin.

Both are all time greats' date=' Richards did not care about numbers, stats, much ,he marched to his own drum, he could have had broken more records easily, Sachine embodies everything from talent, dedication , drive,he is tied down by expectations and rarely u seem him play taking risks.I would given a choice of watching Richards or Sachin , maybe watch Richards , he was a bit unpredictable and regardless of the game would try dominate, not wear a helmet, I have seen him hit a perfect yorker for a six.[b']If I would want someone to bat for me to save a test it would be Lara neither Richards or Sachin, if I have to choose the most dependable batsmen then it would be Sachin.
:WTF: U would want Lara to bat if u want to save a test? He would be last of the great batsmen i can think of to bat to save a test match.

Lara has won , saved more test matches single handedly compared to Tendulkar, he had the appetite to play bigger innings , tendulkar doesn't have a triple ton , same logic for me Sehwag is a match winner who can single handedly win test matches then any one in our team, strike rate, appetite for huge scores.Tendulkar flourished as a test bat in last 3 years, saving a few and winning a few matches, I would choose Dravid before Tendulkar in a test match anywhere in the world, also care to look at fourth inning averages.

Lara has won ' date=' saved more test matches single handedly compared to Tendulkar, he had the appetite to play bigger innings , tendulkar doesn't have a triple ton , same logic for me Sehwag is a match winner who can single handedly win test matches then any one in our team, strike rate, appetite for huge scores.Tendulkar flourished as a test bat in last 3 years, saving a few and winning a few matches, I would choose Dravid before Tendulkar in a test match anywhere in the world, also care to look at fourth inning averages.[/quote'] Same old logic.
4th innings average Tendulkar- 40 Lara - 35 Viv - 48 Sehwag - 30
Steve Waugh-25.94!! Though I would also like to add that Sachin's 4th inning has been bolstered by his recent performances. There was a time when it was hovering around 25. But he has more 100's and 50's and more not-outs than Lara. Don't know what's the fascination that people have with Lara.
Lara has won ' date=' saved more test matches single handedly compared to Tendulkar, he had the appetite to play bigger innings tendulkar doesn't have a triple ton , same logic for me Sehwag is a match winner who can single handedly win test matches then any one in our team, strike rate, appetite for huge scores.Tendulkar flourished as a test bat in last 3 years, saving a few and winning a few matches, I would choose Dravid before Tendulkar in a test match anywhere in the world, also care to look at fourth inning averages.[/quote'] So triple ton is how u defines a match winning batsmen ? So Jayasurya is a bigger match winner than Kallis Ponting Dravid and Steve waugh? :banghead: And by ur logic Dravid unlike Jayasurya and Sehwag in tests didnt have the appetite to play bigger innings then considering he didnt have a triple century either? How many macthes Sehwag and Jayasurya won away from home with their match winning ability and so called appetite to bat longer compared with Dravid Ponting and Sachin ? Triple centuries are often scored in flat wickets were the matches usually end in draw or the opposition has poor attack.Scoring triple hundreds arent how u judge match winning players. Lara's greatness is often decided by the 153 he scored in the 2nd inns against Aus not by the 400 he scored in a meaningless draw. I am not about who is better btw Lara and Sachin but ur logic of defining match winners by scoring triple century is just ridiculous.
]Lara had more patience than sachin... he has layed some really long innings and without giving any chances in dat too... anyweys he is way behind sachin so no point of comparisions
Lara might have scored a few bug 100's but when it came to grinding an innings out, Lara generally faltered. He would generally look to hit out of a situation. while somebody like a Sachin or a Dravid would guts it out.So, the way you are measuring the patience of a batsman is not right IMO.
Lara has won ' date= saved more test matches single handedly compared to Tendulkar, he had the appetite to play bigger innings , tendulkar doesn't have a triple ton , same logic for me Sehwag is a match winner who can single handedly win test matches then any one in our team, strike rate, appetite for huge scores.Tendulkar flourished as a test bat in last 3 years, saving a few and winning a few matches, I would choose Dravid before Tendulkar in a test match anywhere in the world, also care to look at fourth inning averages.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Lara has won ' date=' saved more test matches single handedly compared to Tendulkar[/size'], he had the appetite to play bigger innings , tendulkar doesn't have a triple ton , same logic for me Sehwag is a match winner who can single handedly win test matches then any one in our team, strike rate, appetite for huge scores.Tendulkar flourished as a test bat in last 3 years, saving a few and winning a few matches, I would choose Dravid before Tendulkar in a test match anywhere in the world, also care to look at fourth inning averages.
Lara played 131 matches and was part of winning team in 31 matches. In those matches he scored 8 centuries. Compare this to Tendulkar's 20 centuries in 62 wins. His hundreds include these innings
213	468	2	v Australia 	Kingston 	13-Mar-99	Test # 1451
191	271	1	v Zimbabwe 	Bulawayo 	12-Nov-03	Test # 1669
167	256	2	v England 	Georgetown 	17-Mar-94	Test # 1254
153* 	355	4	v Australia 	Bridgetown 	26-Mar-99	Test # 1453
147	247	1	v New Zealand 	Wellington 	10-Feb-95	Test # 1289
132	223	2	v Australia 	Perth 	        1-Feb-97	Test # 1353
130	166	1	v Pakistan 	Bridgetown 	26-May-05	Test # 1752
120	169	2	v Bangladesh 	Kingston 	4-Jun-04	Test # 1703

His innings of 213 and 153 can be considered as those matches won single handedly (although in Test # 1451, bowlers dismissed Australia for low scores and WI won by 10 wickets). Where are those so called many matches which he won on his own? His effort in 4th innings in saved matches
Runs 	BF 	Pos 	Inns 	Opposition 	Ground 	Start Date
0	12	4	4	v Australia 	Brisbane 	27-Nov-92
3	17	3	4	v India 	Nagpur 	        1-Dec-94
43	77	3	4	v Australia 	St John's 	8-Apr-95
20	30	1	4	v England 	Nottingham 	10-Aug-95
13* 	59	3	4	v England 	Bridgetown 	12-Mar-98
8	59	4	4	v South Africa 	Bridgetown 	29-Mar-01
1	7	4	4	v Zimbabwe 	Harare 	        4-Nov-03
86	138	4	4	v South Africa 	Cape Town 	2-Jan-04
0	7	4	4	v India 	St John's 	2-Jun-06
and in 3rd inning
5	17	caught 	3	v Pakistan 	Lahore 	6-Dec-90
19	26	lbw 	3	v Pakistan 	St John's 	1-May-93
74	119	caught 	3	v New Zealand 	St John's 	27-Apr-96
78	83	caught 	3	v India 	Kingston 	6-Mar-97
19	57	caught 	3	v India 	Port of Spain 	14-Mar-97
115	207	caught 	3	v Sri Lanka 	Kingstown 	20-Jun-97
112	158	r.o. 	3	v England 	Manchester 	3-Aug-00
45	82	caught 	3	v South Africa 	Georgetown 	9-Mar-01
120	307	lbw 	3	v India 	Gros Islet 	10-Jun-06

Which match did he save on his own? Maybe 112 against England, but where are those many other matches? :confused: