So, what was wrong with this pitch, Bhajji?

He did got injured in Antigua test ,my bad :hatsoff:,he missed NZ tour coz of some personal reasons which I dont know :--D http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Cricket%3A+Kumble+pulls+out+of+Kiwi+tour.-a094660845 And youre right about Brisbane test and thank god Bhajji had to fly back home after that and we saw renaissance of Anil Kumble. Anyways back to Bhajji ,he has to improve a lot and I hope he improves for India's sake.I think I have derailed the thread enough ,kthnxbye :P
OK, I stand corrected on the NZ series :two_thumbs_up: But my main point is that just as a young Bhajji put a lot of pressure on the established Kumble in the early 2000s (Kumble missed the Aus series in 2001 through injury and we know what Bhajji did there), averaging 27 in his first 50 Tests, its up to Mishra and Ojha to do the same to Bhajji now. Bhajji's average of 33.9 in the last 2-3 years is nothing great but Mishra and Ojha have done even worse in their 11 Tests each.
OK, I stand corrected on the NZ series :two_thumbs_up: But my main point is that just as a young Bhajji put a lot of pressure on the established Kumble in the early 2000s (Kumble missed the Aus series in 2001 through injury and we know what Bhajji did there), averaging 27 in his first 50 Tests, its up to Mishra and Ojha to do the same to Bhajji now. Bhajji's average of 33.9 in the last 2-3 years is nothing great but Mishra and Ojha have done even worse in their 11 Tests each.
Thats the sad and worrying part.
Thats the sad and worrying part.
Exactly - Bhajji's bowling has clearly declined over the last few years but if the new guys are doing even worse than him, his spot isn't going to come under genuine pressure. With Bhajji having a bad game with the ball at Jamaica, Mishra had a great opportunity to push his case but he couldn't take it.
Harbhajans number by tests in a series 1st match in series 2001-2010 29 673 115 19.79 1 98 7/48 40.93 6 13 0 2nd match in series 1998-2010 36 737 111* 17.54 1 157 7/87 30.14 8 17 0 3rd match in series 1998-2011 19 365 60 15.86 0 97 8/84 27.65 7 9 0 4th match in series 2002-2008 5 189 63 27.00 0 23 5/13 25.43 3 1 0 5th match in series 2002-2002 1 21 17 10.50 0 8 5/138 22.50 1 1 0 Averages in Green Matches in Red Wickets in Orange
Fixed for you. :--D
Are you implying that these two guys are better than him?
They could be. In tests, although bhajji is pretty average, everyone else is in the same boat too. It probably makes no difference if the spinner spot is given to Mishra, Chawla, Ojha or Ashwin. But I would rather try someone else than stick with bhajji. Its not everyday that a player comes into the International cricket and starts performing instantly esp. on pitches these players have seldom played on. So give someone else a chance consistently. If they dont work out, then move on to the next one in the list.
This loude ka baal is going to get outbowled by swanny this summer. We will keep selecting this great emotional leader. :nice: 1-60 in the fourth innings on this pitch is a pretty horrific performance. Kumble would have bowled out the indies pretty much single handedly on this pitch in one non stop spell.
you r just a frustrated madrasi kant jealous of the better looking punjabi wyminz :finger:

I would prefer India losing few matches instead of a dickhead and a clueless bowler saving his skin by batting in a match where even WI bowlers have made runs on a regular basis.. Even after 12 years of experience the bowler keeps on changing between round the wicket to over the wicket abnd vice versa, just because he is clueless and has limited skill sets to take wicket. The discussion is about his bowling not about him as a player. He can be accommodated as an Allrounder..But he cannot be allowed to block a genuine wicket taking strike spin bowler on whome the captain can have some faith instead of asking a part time bowler like Raina to bail him out..

85 - 6. India done and dusted. A thread a minute being started how uselss we are and how we are going to lose. We are heading for shocking loss. Bhaji saves us. What does he get? Multiple hate threads!!! Ungrateful ******s:finger:
He is playing as bowler, not as a batsman..! Having said that, I'd be very happy if Bhajji decides to bat at #7 which means he has to take a little more responsibility when it comes to his batting so that we can play 4 bowlers ( 3 seamers + a spinner) apart from Bhajji.
Since Mishra made his debut, this how the three spinners have performed in Test matches: Bhajji 102 wickets at 33.9 Ojha 42 wickets at 40.4 Mishra 40 wickets at 38.6 Its all very good comparing performances in a single series like the NZ one (do you really think Ojha would have taken 15 wickets at 29 in SA?), but it is utterly incorrect to say others haven't been given opportunities. They have, and they haven't been able to outperform Bhajji overall. Back in the early 2000s, Bhajji forced his way into the team by taking stackloads of wickets and pushing Kumble out. And though its become a fashion to attack Bhajji's batting by saying its the main reason he is in the team, it is very useful especially given how often he performs under pressure. And I am not a Bhajji fan nor hater. His bowling has markedly declined over the last few years. But he remains our best at the moment.
This sums it up. He might have fallen by his own standards, but still the best bet, and there have not been any outstanding challenger.
This sums it up. He might have fallen by his own standards' date=' but still the best bet, and there have not been any outstanding challenger.[/quote'] I agree..My frustration is that Bhajji has the capabilities of doing things. He used to bowl with so many variation few years ago..He used to had lovely drift..Don't know what has happened. Experienced bowlers like him keep on adding skills and are always a step ahead of others and never ever become predictable. I think because of lack of competition, he has become complacent, as far as his bowling is concerned and also because of T20/IPL he has become more defensive bowler than an attacking one.
I agree..My frustration is that Bhajji has the capabilities of doing things. He used to bowl with so many variation few years ago..He used to had lovely drift..Don't know what has happened. Experienced bowlers like him keep on adding skills and are always a step ahead of others and never ever become predictable. I think because of lack of competition, he has become complacent, as far as his bowling is concerned and also because of T20/IPL he has become more defensive bowler than an attacking one.
I think he is tired. He is playing for so long now without rest. He must take rest and come refreshed again. During the break, he can concentrate on the basics again and work on that, like Ishant had and how he is transformed now..looking potent again.
85 - 6. India done and dusted. A thread a minute being started how uselss we are and how we are going to lose. We are heading for shocking loss. Bhaji saves us. What does he get? Multiple hate threads!!! Ungrateful ******s:finger:
i think they are talking about his bowling. batting is not the issue.
Even Bhaji fans acknowledge he is a useless bowler, that's why they have to bring up his batting credentials to defend his bowling :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha: