Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

Guest Gunner
I beg to differ..! First hour is tough in any test match' date=' if you get through this phase pitch eases and run scoring becomes easy..[/quote'] Yeah well, thankfully you are not the Captain of India.
Guest Gunner
Huh?One of the most succesful Captain of India' date=' Dada ,feels the same.:haha:[/quote'] He would still be wrong. Considering the cloud cover bowling first gives you a strong advantage.
The appropriate thing would be not to chuck your batsmen into these conditions
Precisely what I meant. It was a good decision as has been proved with the two wickets. Sree is a rhythm bowler and now that both Ishant and Sree have got wickets and are getting some help from the pitch, they will bowl at an entirely different level in the whole rest of the match. Early confidence always makes a difference to them.

Day-2 Trent Bridge test, the most crucial day of the series! or that of the year for that matter!! From series win to undisputed number one status to reputation of our batting greats..lot at stake here! Another collapse/failure with bat will mean we have no chance of bouncing back in the series hence surrendering both series and numero uno status to poms and lots of (unwarranted) questions being asked about our "ageing" batting greats' ability to perform under bowler friendly conditions in the blighty :( or Just bat out the whole day, post a considerable lead which will make sure we have a great chance of winning the test, keeping the series alive and in the process hold on to our hard earned number one position :isalute: :nervous:

The pitch looks like a minefield. I think anything over 250 is impossible unless someone plays an absolute blinder. Its a wicket where some batsmen like Yuvraj or Raina have to go hell for leather and score some quick runs. I dont see the old fashioned way of playing yourself in and accumulating runs working here. Sooner rather than later you are going to get a jaffer and get out.

Well done WORLD GIANTS Who knows what happend. Check the scoreline and it says England have been bowled out miserably for 220 odd and India is looking good for big hefty total on day 2. GREAT COMEBACK. JUT AS WE ALL EXPECTED THEM TO REPLY BACK. OUR CHAMPIONS HAVE DONE. PROUD TO BE INDIA. WHAT A TEAM OF WORLD CHAMPIONS. WE ARE THERE.. WE ARE ALMOST THERE TO CONQUER THE LAND OF SHERLOCK HOLMES.

Who knows what happend. Check the scoreline and it says England have been bowled out miserably for 220 odd and India is looking good for big hefty total on day 2. GREAT COMEBACK. JUT AS WE ALL EXPECTED THEM TO REPLY BACK. OUR CHAMPIONS HAVE DONE. PROUD TO BE INDIA. WHAT A TEAM OF WORLD CHAMPIONS. WE ARE THERE.. WE ARE ALMOST THERE TO CONQUER THE LAND OF SHERLOCK HOLMES.
Bro- I hope this was a sarcastic post.We have a loooooooooooooooooong way to go still. I wouldn't start getting too excited as yet.

Great fightback by our bowlers.. but i wouldnt pop the champagne yet. The pitch, under cloud cover, seems unplayable. Hopefully, the sun breaks out tomorrow and that will ease the batting conditions a litle bit. Its anybody's test this.