Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

We are doomed in this series Here is the glass half empty view - We have a long tail starting at 5. Even in the top order, SRT is out of form, UV/Raina/Mukund can average only 30 per innings. When GG and Shewag comes back, they are not going to be any better coming from injury. We pretty much depend on two out of 11 to bat. That's a recipe for failure. I would be surprised if we ever cross 300. Our only hopes lies with our bowling, when Zak comes back. Even there we have an out of form Bhajji occupying a spot. :sigh:

Pretenders this series has separated the pretenders from guys who are willing to work it out in tough conditions.Broad has come back strong from a bad series to be a game changer and Dravid and laxman are their usual self.our bowlers have shown some fight in them but it was unfortunate that we lost zak in the first game and bhajji has turned into a noose around our team.

Poor theory. Ominous signs actually Dravid scoring consistently. Sachin, just about there. Raina has scored some runs already, Yuvraj scored in his first innings. AND GAMBHIR-SEHWAG most likely shall be back in next game. PROBLEMS OF PLENTY FOR ENGLAND.
SRT's average is 20 and he is not looking comfortable in there.
If I say Chin Chin Hildulkar is turning out to be another pretender (in this series), would I be flamed for that? :fear:
Tendulkar is in a position where he simply cannot have two bad tests on the trot. His failure looks much bigger because of absence of two top order players. With Tendulkar it is just a rough patch. With Dhoni it is not a rough patch. It is sheer inability. Rough patch is easier to overcome than sheer inability.