Sooda

Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• Praveen Kumar
    • Ishanth Sharma
    • Sreesanth
    • R.P Singh

cant blame him... it was off IPL season for him
its all laziness...fame and success has gone into their minds. Money speaks. This had happened to ZAk too in 2005 when he was dropped being fat. Look at Mithun, Yadav...they are so fit. They need to be more profession and understand they are international athletes and should always be in shape.
'There is a dearth of talent' date=' and kids these days are spoilt' (words to that effect)- Former Indian test cricketer [b']Devang Gandhi :hehe: Also Vaughan has predicted a 4 day win for England...
I know you better Sooda so wont hazard a judgment call on ya but generally speaking it is a trend these days to shoot the speaker down based on his credentials, and not exactly debate the issue at bare. The issue that Devang Gandhi pointed out - kids are spoilt - is quite true. The returns are far better with lot less work, suppose most folks would get spoilt. Be it IPL or IT giants of India, the story is the same. More demanding folks many of which just happen to be born in the right place (India) at the right time (modern era).
Welcome to ICF! I agree with you that RP's sudden selection from oblivion shows just how ill prepared out bowling stocks are. It just seems there's no long term planning involved with our bowlers. Guys like Finn, Onions, Bresnan didn't just drop out of the sky for England. These guys have been groomed for the past few years in the England Lions tours, given test matches when seniors bowlers have taken a break etc. I think we do have the raw talent with guys like Pathan, RP, Mithun etc but the problem has always been a lack of grooming and planning. I mean what exactly has the management, coaches, selectors been doing with RP since he last played a test for us two/three years ago? He hasn't been part of our test squads, first class tours, warm up matches etc.
Thank you Fontaine ! Certainly we do have talents but they are totally wasted. I remember seeing RP in England and Aus and thought if Nehra, RP, Zak, Irfan and Sreeshant are rotated smartly we will actually have a good bowling attack. Come 2011, RP , Nehra and Irfan are nowhere to be seen. All that the management wants is a quick fix. With the way this match is going now, its humiliating to even watch. Indians will never be a decent team till the time they have 2 good genuine quick bowlers and a pool of decent medium pacers. Prediction for this match - Ishant and Sree will fail miserably and Mishra will have to do the donkey work with Praveen chipping in. There we go again, catching up cricket !!!