England tour of India - Oct 14 - Oct 29, 2011

1983-2011

England tour of India - Oct 14 - Oct 29, 2011  

1. 1.

Alastair Cook has a similar strike rate of 78.59, but his average is only 37. Ravi Bopara, an infinitely more gifted strokeplayer than Trott, clocks in at 75, while Ian Bell - the player most likely to replace Trott in the England side - comes in at 73.37.
Cook has averaged more than Trott at almost 100 S/R ever since he's back. Like someone said, they lack the big hitters/finishers. English fans should rather blame their Pakistanisque fielding effort for the loss.

No takers despite MCA increasing tickets sale

After a hue and cry over the lack of availabilty of tickets during the World Cup in March-April, the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) are doing their best to ensure maximum Mumbaikars manage to get a seat at the 32,000-capacity Wankhede Stadium for the India-England fourth one-dayer on Sunday. Around 21,900 tickets are open for the public after distributing complimentaries to our affiliated clubs, sponsors, government offices and other agencies," informed MCA treasurer Ravi Savant. However, first day's sales didn't live up to MCA's expectations. "Only 2300 tickets were sold. But we are expecting the demand to rise in the next two days," added Savant. Apparently, MCA-affiliated clubs, who get the tickets at discounted rates, also haven't taken keen interest in buying them. Out of 7000 tickets only 4535 applications were received yesterday. "Times have changed. Earlier, matches used to be the clubs' major source of funds. Now they get a subsidy from the MCA, so the demand has dropped over the years," said Savant. Sources in the MCA attributed exorbitant ticket rates as one of the reasons for less demand. Tickets are priced between Rs 1000 to Rs 20,000 for the fourth ODI. "Prices like Rs 2000, 3000 and 5,000 are too much. Ideally, it should have been kept between Rs 500 to Rs 2,500," said a source. Another reason for less demand could be the clash with Diwali and absence of top stars like Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag and Zaheer Khan. "Diwali is the biggest festival on the Indian calendar. So, people prefer to stay home and celebrate instead of coming for a match. Even top cricketers are missing from action," an MCA official said.

had it been an indian fine would have been 50% for sure.....swann kicked d stumps in d 2nd test nd was not fined or banned or anything, while an indian takes couple more seconds 2 walk after a stupid howler from umpire they get fined like hell!!!!!! to hell with this double standards...................neway, uy is injured so please play aaron please msd!!!!! though it wont change ur a captain fool not cool

If England can groom bairstow and few others with long handle, then trott would be appreciated for this efforts and patience. He is class act and dependable. What would you want this poor guy to do??....in 2nd ODI, he went for a rash shot and bowled out to jadeja and commentators started questioning his attitude and his exact role in the team.....

MS Dhoni's pep talk helped: Ajinkya Rahane When Ajinkya Rahane landed at the domestic terminal of the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport here on Friday afternoon, he didnÃÕ have to bother about standing among ÃÄommoners to flag a taxi. As is the case, domestic players including those from a powerhouse like Mumbai do not enjoy the luxury of travelling on bulletproof team buses during the Ranji season. They form a pool, hire a cab and head for their respective homes with their six-foot long kits. Rahane wonÃÕ be visiting his Mulund abode this time. As is the norm, players are to stay at the team hotel. The Wankhede Stadium is a stoneÃÔ throw from the iconic Taj Mahal Palace and, on Sunday, the whole of Mumbai will root for a young Mumbaikar whoÃÔ hoping to make it big on the biggest stage. The 23-year-old Rahane, fresh from his Man of the Match-winning knock in the third ODI against England on Thursday, canÃÕ wait to set foot on his home ground. Ūt will be a very special moment to play in front of my home crowd, Rahane told DNA on Friday. Ū am eagerly waiting for Sunday, he added. However, Rahane wouldnÃÕ have sounded so elated had he repeated the mistakes he committed in the first two ODIs. When Alastair Cook introduced his trump card, off-spinner Graeme Swann, in the Hyderabad match last Friday, India were 50 for one with Rahane and Gautam Gambhir at the crease. It was the 12th over of the match and Rahane, playing his first match in national colours in India, was batting on 14 off 38. Rahane, who boasts a first-class average of above 70, had looked nothing but out of place under the searing sun. Tim BresnanÃÔ pace, Steven FinnÃÔ bounce and Jade DernbachÃÔ clever variations all but did him in. The usually free-flowing batsman had failed to score a single boundary during his scratchy stint. He took a single off SwannÃÔ second delivery before Gambhir gave him the strike again. In an attempt to break free, Rahane stepped out and tried to loft the worldÃÔ best spinner over long-off. The canny drift took the ball away from Rahane who, by now, knew his fate. Craig KieswetterÃÔ wild celebrations only made it worse for the batsman. Rahane was gone for a 41-ball 15. RahaneÃÔ New Delhi sojourn on Monday was slightly more dramatic but he made no more than 14 runs. A classy boundary followed by a top edge that went for six should have helped him settle in but an audacious hook off the very next ball bowled by Bresnan landed in DernbachÃÔ hands at long-leg. This time, Rahane had a 15-ball 14 to show for his madness. On Thursday, India were chasing no less than 299 under the lights. Another failure and many would have been prompted to write him off. Thankfully, Rahane kept his cool to carve out a 91-run knock full of character. He was slow off the blocks but when you come to think of it, the ploy worked. He respected FinnÃÔ aggression before taking on the others. The two men whoÃÅ dismissed him earlier in the series, were paid back with interest. Rahane scored 20 runs off the 13 Bresnan deliveries he faced. SwannÃÔ 22 balls fetched him 26. He fell nine short of a ton but that was enough for him to earn his first MoM award. So what did he do right in Mohali? Former India skipper Dilip Vengsarkar reckons Rahane batted with a lot of patience and caution. Å©e didnÃÕ go for his shots. He waited for the bad ball, the former chief selector pointed out. He added, ŵhe fact that he hit just six fours shows how careful he was. Rahane has always been a quick scorer and he made up for the slow start by running plenty of ones and twos. It was a superb knock. Rahane credited skipper MS Dhoni and coach Duncan Fletcher. Å£oth encouraged me after the Delhi match. Dhoni, in particular, was very supportive, Rahane said. What did he say? he told me I am a very talented player and thereÃÔ no reason why I canÃÕ do well. He asked me not to think too much and just play my natural game. I guess such a pep talk is bound to spur you on. I batted with no pressure at all in the third ODI, Rahane said. Rahane also values the experience he gained on three India â tours to Australia. ŵhe pitches there are pacy and bouncy. Playing there helped me tackle the short ball to a great extent, he said. http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_ms-dhoni-s-pep-talk-helped-ajinkya-rahane_1601938