Shami ahmed-First impression..!!!

Blue Panther

Shami ahmed-First impression..!!! The problem with Umesh and other quicks India have are, they don't have a plan in their mind, on the other hand, it's clearly noticeable Shami uses tactics to get the batsman out, Peter Fulton & Jaques Kallis are perfect examples of it where he set them up with short balls and them floated a fuller length ball to intice a drive, in which he succeeded. Not seen Umesh / Varun do that. Another tactic quite noticeable is that he uses the bowling crease to go wide or come close to the stumps to try and create an angle, which was missing from Umesh / Varun. Shami with what I've seen can move the ball both ways and is not uncomfortable in bowling to Left or Right handers, plus he has a strong run up which is 10 times better than Umesh or Varun who put most of the effort at the last. Umesh Varun as of now look one dimensional with their out swing and reverse if the ball is old, they are headless in between the transition phase, if they learn to execute tactics of their own and come up with tactics which suit their style of bowling , they would add more weapons to a pacy bowling skill they have. But it's something they would have to work out by playing not by getting injured or warming the benches :( Both are talented but need to put the pace at the right spot at the tight time for the right guy, if they can work this out they'll be a handful. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes was great. In 1st innings was so unlucky as well. Partner shami with yadav and aaaron. And stick with them. Would have an attack which could put fear in to oppo.
Aaron should stick with the shorter format for a couple more years but Yadav is a perfect partner for Shami in Test.
One thing I liked about Shami's bowling today was that he always made the batsmen play. They could not leave deliveries, they were so close to the off stump. With such line and length, some balls were bouncing sharply and some were not, some were moving away while others were coming in. There is a lot to learn from this spell.
Easily his best overseas spell in his early career. He brought us back along with jadeja. Now if he has support like he did in the 2nd innings, plus the spinner picking wickets (jadeja needs to continue, or mishra), then we can do so much. Yadav, bhuvi, pandey, if they were bowling with shami, im sure he would be more motivated. Though ishant did well, he is so inconsistent. And zak, a legend, has no pace. Not easy to carry the attack being young and inexperienced. Props to shami.

Shami - consistent, tactical, pace, swings both ways, yorkers Yadav - outright pace, bounce, genuine wicket taker, just needs to channel deliveries in better areas and set up batsmen but great prospect Pandey - can keep bowling in the best areas, bounce, decent pace, outswing, trouble batsmen and take wickets Bhuvi - intelligent, great with new ball, needs to be better with old ball though Aaron - pace, accurate, just needs to turn them into wickets by setting batsmen up. Can be a beast!

The FC form is dreadful and then nothing in the tour game. I think one good performance will have him back in.
Do u even know on which pitches he played and strength or lock of it of vidharba. 1st match vs Gujrat 1-79 of 30 overs 2nd match vs kar 3-125 where bowlers were hammered and 550 was scored by both teams even by weak vidharba batting lineup against to be ranji champions 3rd match- against mumbai 0-69 and 1-72 and according to mumbai batsman he was bowling quicker than aaron Yadav needs to showcase his fitness not ability ,He has already showed us what he can do at test cricket,No indian bowlers has been as fiery. Its only due to the moron & idiot dhoni preference for ishant dharma and ageing zaheer khan indias strike bowler is sitting out nothing else.
Exactly. I too would love to see Shami and Umesh bowl in tandem in a test. Not many captains would have been able to resist it. The tall workhorse Pandey can be a good third seamer.
Sod that. I am going all out Yadav Shami and Aaron. They will have days when blow teams away and bowl us to victory. Yes seamers bowling INDIA to victory!!! Shami is great. Bowled anderson with 140 beauty. Sums it up NZ comm admires the ball and says done him hook and crook and DONE HIM FOR PACE!!
Easily his best overseas spell in his early career. He brought us back along with jadeja. Now if he has support like he did in the 2nd innings, plus the spinner picking wickets (jadeja needs to continue, or mishra), then we can do so much. Yadav, bhuvi, pandey, if they were bowling with shami, im sure he would be more motivated. Though ishant did well, he is so inconsistent. And zak, a legend, has no pace. Not easy to carry the attack being young and inexperienced. Props to shami.
I really enjoyed Shami's spell. Hope to see him bowl with Umesh, Aaron, Pandey. Ishant and Zak should go.
Sod that. I am going all out Yadav Shami and Aaron. They will have days when blow teams away and bowl us to victory. Yes seamers bowling INDIA to victory!!! Shami is great. Bowled anderson with 140 beauty. Sums it up NZ comm admires the ball and says done him hook and crook and DONE HIM FOR PACE!!
Aaron is not in the test squad, bro. Another issue is .... Teams which include 3 genuine quicks generally play a fourth seamer if the test is in pace friendly conditions. Reason being that bowlers with pace are used in shorter spells so that they can retain their speed. India will not pick 5 bowlers. So, we cannot play 4 seamers. If we do not take a workhorse type seamer , the out and out quicks can get overused and injured if we are playing abroad.
why??? Sod that. We are so negative. Couple of years!! lets wait till gets old and injured!! When hot use them Aaron is fast and accurate. Really dont see the problem here
I agree, only concern is injury. Let him play some games, then get him in for the England series. We need a good pool for a 5 test series. Aaron, Shami, Yadav, Bhuvi, Pandey, hopefully get kulkarni if he's fit. Ishant and zak - dont know but they aren't first choice.

Shami Ahmed is the best bowler I have ever seen come to represent India easily comparatively, but his performance is hampered by the captain, not giving him spells and using Ishant after he has got the break through, n takes him off or when he looks like he is gonna take a wicket n gives a boundary he is taken off.

Do u even know on which pitches he played and strength or lock of it of vidharba. 1st match vs Gujrat 1-79 of 30 overs 2nd match vs kar 3-125 where bowlers were hammered and 550 was scored by both teams even by weak vidharba batting lineup against to be ranji champions 3rd match- against mumbai 0-69 and 1-72 and according to mumbai batsman he was bowling quicker than aaron Yadav needs to showcase his fitness not ability ,He has already showed us what he can do at test cricket,No indian bowlers has been as fiery. Its only due to the moron & idiot dhoni preference for ishant dharma and ageing zaheer khan indias strike bowler is sitting out nothing else.
dont bother. if he had his way, vinnie kumar and mithun would be bowling for us because of I look at stats, I see they do very well. Select them