Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

Someone mentioned Cummins...He is leagues ahead of Umesh from what I have seen of him in CLT20 and the recent SA series,The kid has serious pace and a good line and length and is still very young. .
This was the first time Cummins bowled in an ODI and he bowled slower than Yadav and he too went for runs, he also took wickets. So I don't see any reason why we degrade our upcoming bowlers in comparison Aussie, SA, or English bowlers. People say Indian bowlers do not have stamina and strength but then all subcontinent has similar genetics. it is all about how hard they work on their strength and stamina. Look at Yadav, he bowls 145K without any fuss and does not look at tired, while look at PK who bowls 125K and looks tired very easily. Their build is different. Umesh Yadav has worked hard on his fitness as well as on his strength in the gym. Guys like PK and Munaf rarely goes to the gym.
I dont know, its just my opinion, but bowling quick definitely scares the batsmen, even with all the modern equipments, it scares the batsmen. Hope people realaize and change their opinion and not very stubborn even when they know they are wrong.
I myself was a batsman and medium pacer who could not bowl fast no matter how much I tried and I know the fun that I missed out on, not to mention seeing the faster bowlers taking wickets whereas I just contained runs. Medium pacers can take wickets only when the ball is moving quite a bit, a faster bowler can take wickets almost under any condition unless the pitch is an absolute belter. I have very often asked this question to the posters who think pace is immaterial ---- and nobody has answerd Show me a couple of pace bowlesr in the last 40 yrs who has taken 100 wickets or more in test cricket at an -- average of 26 or less --- or 4 wickets or more per test ..... who are medium pacers ... that is not fast or fast-medium The fast or fast-medium bowlers who have achieved this feat include Marshall, Holding, Roberts, Garner, Walsh, Ambrose, Donald, Pollock, Steyn, Waqar, Wasim, Shoaib, Lillee, Mcgrath, Lee, Gillespie, Hadlee. Another noticable thing in this list is that most of the fast-medium bowlers in this list are tall bowlers who got bounce by hitting the deck hard. If in last 40 years, a medium pace trundler has never succeeded as a wicket taking strike bowler, who can win test matches, why take them in numbers ? It is much better to look for ... fast and fast-medium bowlers.

Umesh could be India's force to be reckoned with Every time Umesh Yadav stepped out to bowl in the ongoing India-England series, the only question that did the rounds was if one had really seen the ball clocking an incredible 145kmph. The outcome of a 'Yadav delivery'-whether it fetched a wicket or was dispatched to the fence, didn't matter much. As long as he was bowling 'quick', everyone was happy. Wonder, why we are so obsessed with pace. Perhaps, it's the deficiency of fast bowlers in the country which makes us crave for the skill. While we may have become a force to reckon with-becoming both the best Test team and having won the World Cup within a span of a few years, we have undoubtedly fallen short of giving back as good as we've got in the pace department. Hence, the excitement around Yadav's pace. The big question though remains-is raw pace enough to sustain at the highest level? Does Yadav have it in him to galvanize this initial burst? Two lengths Umesh Yadav learnt the most important lesson early in his career-that pace alone wouldn't do it. In fact, pace can work against you if the ball isn't pitched in the right areas. While he was quick from the beginning, he primarily bowled two lengths-either really short or really full. His pace got him through the initial rounds (i.e domestic cricket) but he soon realized that the same pace that had got him so far, worked against him at the higher level. He needed to rework on his length and also add another dimension to his bowling to succeed. I played Umesh in this season's Irani Trophy, and the change was apparent. He not only consistently pitched the ball in the good length area but also made the ball to swing away from the right-handed batsmen. No longer was he trying to bounce people out and it worked. Clear brief It's heartening to know that the team management has defined a specific role for Umesh. He's been asked to bowl as fast as he can, for that's his forte and go for wickets, which is essential. He's also given the license to go for a few runs in the bargain, which he would from time to time. The last thing we want is for someone to tell him to sacrifice pace for accuracy. We know what happened to Munaf and let's hope that Umesh won't go down that road too. Umesh Yadav is a captain's bowler and his career graph would reflect how well Dhoni handled him. In the second ODI, Dhoni took him off the bowling attack immediately after he got hit for three fours in his first over and brought him back post the power-play overs. That was a smart move that protected his asset. Road Ahead Remaining matches in this series and a few more against the West Indies will prime Yadav to face the tougher challenges in Australia. The series down under will be played with the Kookaburra ball on hard surfaces and hence he could become an important cog in India's bowling wheel, since he's a typical hit-the-deck-hard bowler, a must to succeed in Australia. While his ability to get bounce and movement off the surface will come handy, he may still have to work a bit more on adding a few variations and improving accuracy. That's where the role of Eric Simmons, India's bowling coach would become crucial, since both Zaheer Khan and Ashish Nehra can take care of themselves. It's the young bowlers like Yadav and Aaron who'd test his abilities as a bowling coach and a mentor. It's not easy to unearth talent, therefore once identified, they must be fostered. http://cricketnext.in.com/blogs/AakashChopra/2974/62825/aakash-chopras-blog--lessons-learnt-by-umesh.html

I myself was a batsman and medium pacer who could not bowl fast no matter how much I tried and I know the fun that I missed out on, not to mention seeing the faster bowlers taking wickets whereas I just contained runs. Medium pacers can take wickets only when the ball is moving quite a bit, a faster bowler can take wickets almost under any condition unless the pitch is an absolute belter. I have very often asked this question to the posters who think pace is immaterial ---- and nobody has answerd Show me a couple of pace bowlesr in the last 40 yrs who has taken 100 wickets or more in test cricket at an -- average of 26 or less --- or 4 wickets or more per test ..... who are medium pacers ... that is not fast or fast-medium The fast or fast-medium bowlers who have achieved this feat include Marshall, Holding, Roberts, Garner, Walsh, Ambrose, Donald, Pollock, Steyn, Waqar, Wasim, Shoaib, Lillee, Mcgrath, Lee, Gillespie, Hadlee. Another noticable thing in this list is that most of the fast-medium bowlers in this list are tall bowlers who got bounce by hitting the deck hard. If in last 40 years, a medium pace trundler has never succeeded as a wicket taking strike bowler, who can win test matches, why take them in numbers ? It is much better to look for ... fast and fast-medium bowlers.
well said....i am with u bro....

1. Yadav is young with pace. 2. You can coach line,length,swing and seam and develop this. 3. You cannot coach and develop pace that much. Yadav has got ot right. He has serious pace and can learn accuracy. Much better then having accuracy and trying to develop pace. I mean I bet my last dollar that there is more chance of Yadav becoming accurate the Vinay has of becoming pacey. Yadav must be giving a long run to develop and so should aaron. ps I was never one of those who tick mick out of pakis for wanting fast bowlers. They are not the only ones, windies , aussies,sa and england all have the desperation of pace. Its only us lot who cos we aint got none make a 1000 and one excuses why its not neccessary, when all of cricket history shows that the real great teams have had fast bowlers.

History of game has very few medium pacers who became successful bowlers. Most of the bowlers are fast medium. Another thing to note is that fast bowlers rarely fail at international level. Medium pacers - Few successful bowlers Fast medium - mix of successful and unsuccessful bowlers Fast bowlers - mostly successful.
That's what I said earlier.

There have been many unsuccessful fast and fast-medium bowlers also. That is why there is a need to create a pool of bowlers bowling above 135 k consistently, preferably above 140 k consistently and can move the ball as well ... and see who end up becoming good strike bowlers. If valuable and few pace bowling spots are filled up by trundlers then it becomes that much more difficult and slow process to ultimately build a lethal pace bowling attack. Individually Umesh and Aaron may or may not succeed. Only time will tell but they both have pace and movement and hence the basic ingredients to succeed. More such bowlers should be tried.

This was the first time Cummins bowled in an ODI and he bowled slower than Yadav and he too went for runs, he also took wickets. So I don't see any reason why we degrade our upcoming bowlers in comparison Aussie, SA, or English bowlers.
The reason we degrade our fast bowlers because we are tired of hearing so and so upcoming bowler who will bowl fast.in 2005 It was Munaf then in 2007 it was Ishant.Ishant even went on saying that he wants 100 mph .Forget about pace both bowlers can't even become good fast-medium bowlers for India and cement their place.Both are in and out bowlers for India. On the other hand Fast bowlers from abroad several times did increase their pace in international cricketer

LOL, pretty impressive....yeah, if you are impressed by a guy that bleeds runs in every spell picking a guy for pace alone is so pointless. he doesnt bowl in the right areas and is very easy to hit. too many length balls and leg side rubbish. you know you arent ready for international cricket when sankit patel is smacking you around

LOL, pretty impressive....yeah, if you are impressed by a guy that bleeds runs in every spell picking a guy for pace alone is so pointless. he doesnt bowl in the right areas and is very easy to hit. too many length balls and leg side rubbish. you know you arent ready for international cricket when sankit patel is smacking you around
Yes, lets bring in aravind , how many runs did gul went for against india at this same venue?:giggle:
Oh..so according to you fast bowlers are never hit...then they should sack Finn, Anderson, Bresnan, Dernbach as they have gone 6-7 RPO In every match.:WTF: you are talking like an illiterate here.