Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

wicket taking isnt the issue here. everyone knows that its hard to take wickets on these pitches. the issue is the windfall of crappy length deliveries, short pitched deliveries, and wayward legside crap that he was bowling to give away needless runs. giving away 4 and a half runs per over and 7 an over is a big difference. even if you cant take wickets, the least you can do is keep the runs down by not giving the batsman any width. does yadav look like an international bowler to you?
Does Vinay Kumar looks like an international bowler to you? Why haven't you raised his name?:hitler:
i dont know why you keep bringing other countries' bowlers into this. indian batsmen will destroy other team's bowlers more often than not. yadav wasn't bowling to an indian batting lineup, he was bowling to a strokeless accumulator in jonathan trott and a fat, across-the line slogger in sankit patel. these aren't the hardest batsmen to bowl to.
England has picked Samit Patel mainly for his batting, who can bowl also in middle overs. He has done in domestic level a lot of times. He is not a slogger, Yet, i don't remember he played any commanding, intimidating shot against Umesh. I don't know y you r after Umesh so badly:nervous::whack::whack::whack:

umesh yadav has done his job so far in this series and he is getting valuable international experience. I really hope he goes from strength to strength and keeps improving. You could see the effort he was putting in to get the yorkers going in the death and some of them eventually ended being full tosses but that shows you the guyz mentality..... good ol yorkers at the death.... the more he practices that, the more accurate he will get with yorkers. This guy definitely needs to stay in the team and get more experience due to his potential!!

1. To expect a young fast bowler who only started bowling three years ago to come into international cricket and start bowling like the finished product is not only unrealistic but extremely naive. 2. What Yadav does in his performances is only secondary. The only two things he needs to be concerned with is a) keeping up his pace, b) gaining experience. It's going to be a long journey and I wouldn't expect Yadav to be a good bowler until two years at least. But he does have the one thing that very Indian bowlers have which is raw pace. He needs to be supported and allowed to develop instead of looking at his every over and expecting him to be consistently good.

Waseem , Mc Grath , Ambrose once in a lifetime bowlers, also t20 , hitting, batting in that aggressive way wasn't evolved.Umesh needs to be nurtured, at the same time other quick bowlers need to be tried, let us create a good bench , raise the level of our fast bowling strength.I don't believe anyone seeing a bowler constantly bowling 90 plus , good action , strong fella, not much effort, g8 seam, ocassionally bowls a beauty isn't excited.He needs to form his plan , stock ball, learn tricks, get some more accuracy , weapons in his armoury , that will happen , if he is willing to learn and is skillfull enough.

All this talk about Umesh, Varun etc is useless. They are "promising" by Indian standards but below average by International standards. We simply dont have that fast bowling culture like other test playing nations. The best bowler we got in the last five years is Ishant who averages more than 30 and still bowls half trackers. Just thank god that we win so many matches with a weak bowling attack.

All this talk about Umesh, Varun etc is useless. They are "promising" by Indian standards but below average by International standards. We simply dont have that fast bowling culture like other test playing nations. The best bowler we got in the last five years is Ishant who averages more than 30 and still bowls half trackers. Just thank god that we win so many matches with a weak bowling attack.
Your thoughts are useless!!!! It has to start somewhere, if a change is desired... Umesh is raw potential, matching Finn with Speeds, can work on his L&L a bit more with experience, and i'm sure he'll be a even more threatening bowler. Fast bowlers in India needs to be taken care of and nurtured, then they will deliver. They are brittle by nature.
Tell me why he is not promising for international standard?
Average speed today ??
Average Speed -- 142.2 k Fastest Speed -- 147.3 k Shown near the end of his spell. In all the 3 matches his average has been 142 + k which includes numerous slower balls. This means a significant % of deliveries over 144 k, pretty impressive. Compare this with Finn who also averaged 142 + k yesteday and around 144 k in the previous 2 games , and he is one of the quickest bowlers around now, and we get the picture.