West Indies tour of India, Nov-Dec 2011

ganeshran

:rofl: Nagraj Gollapudi :hehe:
MS Dhoni (capt/wk), Virender Sehwag (vice-captain), Gautam Gambhir, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh/Suresh Raina, Wriddhiman Saha/Parthiv Patel, Harbhajan Singh/R Ashwin, Pragyan Ojha, Amit Mishra, Praveen Kumar, Ishant Sharma, Sreesanth
Probable list :fail:
the fact that umesh and aaron are being picked despite their FC ecords suggests that fletcher might be keen on developing them. he picked guys like harmison, tresco, etc. when they had average records. maybe he sees something in these two bowlers. everybody knows he has a preference for fast bowlers.
I was thinking the same.:two_thumbs_up:
the fact that umesh and aaron are being picked despite their FC ecords suggests that fletcher might be keen on developing them. he picked guys like harmison, tresco, etc. when they had average records. maybe he sees something in these two bowlers. everybody knows he has a preference for fast bowlers.
I hope you are right. It's about time Fletcher actively involves himself in team selection and development of young bowlers/batsmen.
Er injured hand fine. So shame new generation fans who love IPL could not engage brain before posting. So we all knew he was tired, batterd hands and needing rest after england test series. So how about this for an amazing piece of logic from me. He rests his battered hands etc etc after england series. AS IN MISS CLUB GAMES AND THE ODIS V ENGLAND!!!! Then miss odi series v windies! Why are fans making excuses for this. We all knew he needed rest months back. But why is he not resting in games before windies tests and after the tests. In fact the logic of pathetic new fans makes no sense. As his hands were battered after england test series. So why make them worse and play in chmaps leage and odis. Our cricket has all its priorities wrong. and the whole thing disgusts me.
he did miss the odi series vs west indies. missing the IPL or champions league isn't acceptable, he gets paid big bucks to turn up for them. put yourself in his shoes, would you skip matches that pay you the most amount of money? cricketers need to prioritize and like any professional, they follow the money.
well some of my WORST FEARS were averted. No raina. thank heavens. i wouldnt put it past that lundfaqeer Sreekanth to publicly justify raina's spot in the team on the basis of his "vaaaaaanderful ODI perfaaarmance and his saaalid test seriez in the vest indiez, u know he is going to bounce back BOSS, vhy u vorried, vhy u worried?? he is GRATE player MAN!!"... no amit mishra. thank heavens x2. and quite possibly the best news, no sreesanth. the kind of news that makes you want to sacrifice a goat. i think i might do that tonight
:haha:

The only debatable selection in this is Yuvraj and even he deserves a chance tbh .Since returning to test cricket he made 2 50s in 2 matches he played and then got injured.So fair enough to give him a decent run before discarding. Also his technique is well suited to Aussie pitches unlike Raina.His part time bowling could be useful too. So overall great selection IMO I hope we only rotate Sachin / Dravid and Laxman.Only 2 of the 3 should play against WI with Kohli also being given a chance IMO.

kool...which means that umesh will be making a cut into final 11 and it would interesting to see how aswin bowls in tests....Rahul sharma is far from playing a test matches but encouraging him would be a good investment as leg spinner will always be a match winner.
+1 looking forward to most for his bowling in this series.
The only debatable selection in this is Yuvraj and even he deserves a chance tbh .Since returning to test cricket he made 2 50s in 2 matches he played and then got injured.So fair enough to give him a decent run before discarding. Also his technique is well suited to Aussie pitches unlike Raina.His part time bowling could be useful too. So overall great selection IMO I hope we only rotate Sachin / Dravid and Laxman.Only 2 of the 3 should play against WI with Kohli also being given a chance IMO.
:hysterical::hysterical:
I agree with Bhajji being dropped' date='if he is hungry to play for India again then he will find a way to get back in.The rest of the squad is really weird.what are the qualifications of Aaron,rahul sharma and umesh yadav? why have they been selected to a test squad?[/quote'] Injured ZAK Clowns like Sreesanth Overworked PK Ashish nehra doesnt play test matches Harbhajan Although I agree on the selection of Rahul Sharma. The guy hasn't played a international match yet, and yet he's in for the series.