Should Ravindra Jadeja be tried in Test cricket at Home

I'm all for giving test cap to Jadeja which will add balance to our test team , I reckon. In fact I am one of the first proponent of this . Agreed he is more of containing pie chucker, but I feel he can definitely improve with more opportunities. Also he can share the work load of Bhajji, and three pacers can go all out. A decent bat at #7. Don't worry , you can't keep him away from tests for long..

I voted yes , but not in immediate future ... His bowling has improved a lot . Though he darts often ,it's mostly in the power plays ...but I like the way he changes his length and gives in a lot more air during middle overs ..not yet test class , but if he continues to improve I see no reason why he can't be the second spinner in the team ...has the potential to be a 35-40 avg with the bat and 32-35 avg with the ball in tests , though atm it's the reverse which is way below for an all rounder spot in tests.

:cantstop: Sorry his bowling is same as before ,he still relies on darts most of the times and is successful with that in ODI cricket but that is of no use in test cricket.And as far as batting is concerned, there are lots of other better batsmen waiting in the queue to get a test spot. He is a very good ODI package,doing pretty well ATM,let him cement that no.7 spot in ODIs .

People are simply missing the point IMO. I am not saying he is better than Ohja or any other 2nd spinner.But with a 4 man attack we simply strugge to bowl out opposition in India ever since Kumble retired. Our spinners arent able to bowl out opposition and hence we rely on the 2 pace bowlers to take 20 wkts regularly.This causes the likes of Zaheer and Ishant and other pace bowlers to break down often due to huge work loads which are caused by flat wkts and 4 man attack. Now changing the flat wkts to bowling pitches is suddenly not gone happen.So the best solution is playing with 5 bowlers and hence the need for an All rounder.And certainly Jadeja is the best all rounder we have. Do we really need 7 top quality batsmen in India to put big scores? No Is 4 attack of ours regularly takes 20 wkts at home ? No. We couldnt even take 20 wkts against New zealand regularly last year. Surely a bowling attack of Zaheer , Ishant , Yadav , Ahswin / Bhajji supported by Jadeja has far better chance of taking 20 wkts than an attack of Zaheer , Ishant , Bhajji and Ohja. I dont know everyone keep on mentioning he isnt better than Ohja .yes he may not be better than Ohja but when we play Yadav or Aaron instead of Ohja along wide Jadeja. So basically Jadeja + Yadav / Aaron > Ohja Yes our batting maybe weakened slightly but Dhoni is underutilized at no 7 in test cricket in indian conditions.So promoting him to no.6 with Jadeja coming in at no.7 in Indian conditions is still better than opposition batsmen. This gives us more opportunity to win test matches than draw tests and more importantly also protects our fast bowlers from breaking down due to huge work loads.

People are simply missing the point IMO. I am not saying he is better than Ohja or any other 2nd spinner.But with a 4 man attack we simply strugge to bowl out opposition in India ever since Kumble retired. Our spinners arent able to bowl out opposition and hence we rely on the 2 pace bowlers to take 20 wkts regularly.This causes the likes of Zaheer and Ishant and other pace bowlers to break down often due to huge work loads which are caused by flat wkts and 4 man attack. Now changing the flat wkts to bowling pitches is suddenly not gone happen.So the best solution is playing with 5 bowlers and hence the need for an All rounder.And certainly Jadeja is the best all rounder we have. Do we really need 7 top quality batsmen in India to put big scores? No Is 4 attack of ours regularly takes 20 wkts at home ? No. We couldnt even take 20 wkts against New zealand regularly last year. Surely a bowling attack of Zaheer , Ishant , Yadav , Ahswin / Bhajji supported by Jadeja has far better chance of taking 20 wkts than an attack of Zaheer , Ishant , Bhajji and Ohja. I dont know everyone keep on mentioning he isnt better than Ohja .yes he may not be better than Ohja but when we play Yadav or Aaron instead of Ohja along wide Jadeja. So basically Jadeja + Yadav / Aaron > Ohja Yes our batting maybe weakened slightly but Dhoni is underutilized at no 7 in test cricket in indian conditions.So promoting him to no.6 with Jadeja coming in at no.7 in Indian conditions is still better than opposition batsmen. This gives us more opportunity to win test matches than draw tests and more importantly also protects our fast bowlers from breaking down due to huge work loads.
I like this idea. We should now be playing with 3 seamers even at home as our spinners have not been very effective in recent past and our pacers Zak/Ishant have better record than these spinners on Indian tracks because of SG ball and the revers swing factor. Ishant averages around 27-28 in India while our spinners Bhajji/Ojha/Mishra averaging around 40 in last 2-3 years.

Ojha is good, there is no reason why Jadeja cannot be seen as a test bowler, he has accuracy , turns the ball, multi dimensional and bats with technique,Iqbal Abdullah is similar in terms of batting , fielding , attitude, but has better variations, he bowls a chinaman or the one that goes away too , straight one , and uses the angles well , besides variations on turn.