Spot-fixing: Butt, Asif and Aamer found guilty, sentenced to jail !!

SachDan

Well considering that all 3 players are banned for at least 5 yrs by the ICC this sentence is nothing but a slap on the wrist. Asif is a big time rascal and acts like a criminal even on the cricket field. I'm sure these guyz were involved deeper than we know. Also the fact the wahab riaz was excluded from the ongoing pak series should point to something. True story from a close relative of mine who went to watch an odi in abu dhabi. Asif was fielding at the boundary and a few Indian spectators were engaged in good natured banter with him. After a while he got pissed for some reason and not only showed the middle finger in the general direction of that group (which included families with kids) but after making sure that the camera's were not showing him, he grabbed his wee-wee and mocked the crowd as if to show that he was pee-ing on them. A real jerk this fella.

Well considering that all 3 players are banned for at least 5 yrs by the ICC this sentence is nothing but a slap on the wrist. Asif is a big time rascal and acts like a criminal even on the cricket field. I'm sure these guyz were involved deeper than we know. Also the fact the wahab riaz was excluded from the ongoing pak series should point to something. True story from a close relative of mine who went to watch an odi in abu dhabi. Asif was fielding at the boundary and a few Indian spectators were engaged in good natured banter with him. After a while he got pissed for some reason and not only showed the middle finger in the general direction of that group (which included families with kids) but after making sure that the camera's were not showing him, he grabbed his wee-wee and mocked the crowd as if to show that he was pee-ing on them. A real jerk this fella.
I am surprised Asif knew what it meant:omg:
feel sorry for Aamir.. just a kid and easily gullable.. but amazing how Kamran Akmal got away from everything.. i think he is a big time cheat but seems powerful.
Yea for amir the blame has to be with the pcb as well. If you don't provide proper guidance for such a bright young talent then there is everything systemically wrong with your sports admin. I say that amir and cummins would have been the brightest bowling stars for many years to come but now amir is lost for good it seems. In terms of background I think we had a similar case with Munaf patel, but instead of turning him into a cheater, our coaches and administration somehow managed to turn him into a world class trundler and a very wealthy person too. Regardless of skill and development, the bcci does a decent job of guiding youngsters who are the most vulnerable at such a tender age.
feel sorry for Aamir.. just a kid and easily gullable.. but amazing how Kamran Akmal got away from everything.. i think he is a big time cheat but seems powerful.
Why ? Unless he is Threatened no need to sorry for him... Cricket changed now...if you have talent you can make enough Money now a days...just playing T20 leagues... he should have thought about that....
Yea for amir the blame has to be with the pcb as well. If you don't provide proper guidance for such a bright young talent then there is everything systemically wrong with your sports admin. I say that amir and cummins would have been the brightest bowling stars for many years to come but now amir is lost for good it seems. In terms of background I think we had a similar case with Munaf patel, but instead of turning him into a cheater, our coaches and administration somehow managed to turn him into a world class trundler and a very wealthy person too. Regardless of skill and development, the bcci does a decent job of guiding youngsters who are the most vulnerable at such a tender age.
I dont agree. He is not a 2 year old. I am sure someone in his late teens already knows what is right and what is wrong. He just opted for easy money and now paying the prize. Everything that has come out of his mouth is a lie and to protect himself, even his apology. He is not a twit, just a cheat.
I dont agree. He is not a 2 year old. I am sure someone in his late teens already knows what is right and what is wrong. He just opted for easy money and now paying the prize. Everything that has come out of his mouth is a lie and to protect himself' date=' even his apology. He is not a twit, just a cheat.[/quote'] Age was good excuse PCB dont have balls to give life ban.
I was offered drugs when I was 15 and I refused I knew the difference between right and wrong(and also I was so scared that I ran away) Unless Aamir was a retard or was brought up in an immoral society,at 18 he should know the difference between moral and immoral activity.

Amir was as greedy as other two players. Age has nothing to do with it. Text messages reveal that he was smart and judge said that they don't believe that Amir was pressurized. He wanted to earn extra money and I expect anyone at the age of 18 who represents his country, should know that's it is wrong. Having said that, one can have little bit of sympathy for him because he came from poor background and it is not easy to control yourself when you suddenly see so much money around yourself. PCB is incompetent board and I don't think it does enough to educate players. Creating awareness is one of important step in minimizing such incidents. His captain and one senior player were doing this for long time. Certainly if a newcomer would see his seniors doing so, he would easily get tempted to get involved. Amir was not naive, but conditions around him were certainly worst for him. He did right thing by pleading guilty. On the other hand, his partners chose to live in denial.

Amir was not naive' date=' but conditions around him were certainly worst for him.[/quote'] This sums it up well. Amir is not the innocent villager that many Pakistani fans have tried to paint him as (the text messages to the bookie in Pakistan prove so), but as an 18-year old he was entering a filthy environment and was being misled by the very people who should have been guiding him positively.
I was offered drugs when I was 15 and I refused I knew the difference between right and wrong(and also I was so scared that I ran away) Unless Aamir was a retard or was brought up in an immoral society,at 18 he should know the difference between moral and immoral activity.
Education and Cultural values play a big role in our society... but not in padosi mulk.. when you come from a poor family.. like aamir's, you tend to fall for these traps.. We all know that our politicians make sevaral million dollars in black money which ruins lot of poor families but gets away with it.. they make treason level offense but we dont do anything.. players like Asif, Butt, Akmal, Aamir should never be allowed to play cricket.. but if you throw a19 yr old in jail, you are taking away his chance to improve from his mistakes.. he even admitted that he made mistakes.. he should be banned but not be jailed.. On the other note, p@kistan, as a nation, should be ashamed that this happened. Should really think about the level at which they gone to.