Elephant in the room

cowboysfan

Runs per tests is one of the measures that gives us a good account of different type of conditions, team strength, etc one has to encounter For example, if you are playing at Durban, a team may need to bat twice as it is difficult to get huge scores, whereas on a flat pitch a team could play a different game like getting a huge score to put the opposition under pressure as the pitch would allow for that type of game Runs per tests, also takes not outs out of equaltion to reflect whats happening in a game. You may have scored 200 not out after your team was 20/2 or scored 20 not out because you came in at 450/5. Sometimes the pitch is so good that most folks would score. Here you got out of 10 but your team made 600. and you never got a chance to bat again. Whose fault it is on missing out. Runs per tests, from the top of my head: Lara - 12k from 131 tests ----> 92 Ten - 15k from 182 tests ----> 82 Lara after 182 tests ----> 92*182 = 16,744 runs > Ten 15k runs Current difference: 3k runs from 51 tests @ 59 runs per test only .... Getting 60 runs per tests shouldn't be that hard for any great batsman :icflove:
runs per inning Lara: 12k from 232 innings ----> 52 Ten: 15k from 300 innings ----> 50
Just noticed, these two posts counter attack each other :hehe: rpt difference = 10 rpi difference = 2... shows exactly how accurate this new statistical phenomena is

S=G and transparent's exchange reminds me of the below: jim-carrey-and-jeff-daniels-in-dumb-and-dumber.jpg S=G: how dumb transparent: stupid S=G: rpt transparent: I don't know what it is but it's stupid S=G: neither do I but it is :hysterical: Ps a gem from transparent:

Just noticed, these two posts counter attack each other :hehe: rpt difference = 10 rpi difference = 2... shows exactly how accurate this new statistical phenomena is

I wonder why they go with batting average as the best indicator of a batsman is RPT :omg: And obviously it shouldn't matter that the batsman with higher RPT actually had more at bats as compared to the batsman with higher average. And if the the batsman with the higher average had the temerity of remaining unbeaten a few times he obviously committed the cardinal sin of not throwing his wkt away as getting out means that the batsman was "selfless" and "played for the team"

I wonder why they go with batting average as the best indicator of a batsman is RPT :omg: And obviously it shouldn't matter that the batsman with higher RPT actually had more at bats as compared to the batsman with higher average. And if the the batsman with the higher average had the temerity of remaining unbeaten a few times he obviously committed the cardinal sin of not throwing his wkt away as getting out means that the batsman was "selfless" and "played for the team"
Link I think I wrote about that .... But appears as if no fanatic made an effort to understand it. The only focus was since Lara has a higher number let's focus on showing why it is wrong and then we hv a case of one blind man(fanatic) guiding other :hysterical: Anyways, feel free to hv an opinion :P
i dont see sachin getting a century anytime soon.this meaningless record is in his head' date='might have to wait till adelaide.[/quote'] His head? He has repeatedly stated it does not matter to him. On the other hand its the media, you and me who keep on harping about it. So more than his match winning 94 and 76, this is what is discussed
His head? He has repeatedly stated it does not matter to him. On the other hand its the media' date=' you and me who keep on harping about it. So more than his match winning 94 and 76, this is what is discussed[/quote'] What about the fans who came in droves, waiting for his 100? Don't you think it affects his performance in anyway knowing that many people have bought tickets just for this event? Even though there is always expectations when he comes into bat, this is definitely additional expectation here. Whether that results in pressure or not, how can you be so sure that he can mask it totally?
what a situation has come now !!!! Even though Tendulkar hasnÃÕ failed with the bat' date=' any score below hundred is seen as a failure by people . So high are the expectations from him ![/quote[b']] becauz based on RPT he is even poorer to Lara, had Lara played 30% more test matches hence SHUT UPPPPPPPP
His head? He has repeatedly stated it does not matter to him. On the other hand its the media' date=' you and me who keep on harping about it. So more than his match winning 94 and 76, this is what is discussed[/quote'] you are nuts if you think its not affecting him,just look at the shots he got out to when he the chance to get hundreds in this series.ofcourse he will say it doesnt bother him .
you are nuts if you think its not affecting him' date='just look at the shots he got out to when he the chance to get hundreds in this series.ofcourse he will say it doesnt bother him .[/quote'] Dude, each batsman does get out to stupid strokes. You mean once he panicked at 76 and once at 94 but before that he was playing amazing shots? Dravid and Laxman too got out to bad shot that test. Was it also because they had some records on their mind? In the first test Sachin had successfuly played the same shots. In the last test the commentators were showing the replay again and again when the ball before Sachin got out was knee high and the one he got out on took off unexpectedly. Surely that played a role in his dismissal as he was beaten for bounce
100% agree with OP. This is nothing to do with being a hater or lover. The media has gone crazy and Sachin isn't exactly flowing with his game. But this is India. Even if he gets 30 ducks in a row, we have to keep wishing for his 100th 100. Or you are a hater.
Sachin played some of his best shots on day 5 yet everyone remembers the one ball which he got out to, a ball which bounced much more than he expected Forget about the media going crazy, if he was playing exactly the same way, getting exactly the same scores, and if he was not reaching a mielstone you would not make a big deal of it. If it was any other batsmen who played this way and got the same scores you would be praising him. So who has the double standards here and who is making a big deal of the record? Of course its you. The poor guy cannot play a shot, cannot get out without everything being attributed to his impending record. I would say more than the media or the fans praising him, its people who attribute his failures to his record who are causing more harm I just dont think you guys are being fair to him by over-analyzing his failures. Leave him alone and he will strive. The media at least is giving positive re-inforcements but by reminding him of his failures and attributing it to weird causes, you are the negative influencers