Tendulkar 200* Vs Sehwag 219

1983-2011

Tendulkar 200* Vs Sehwag 219  

1. 1.

No that task exclusively belongs to the likes of Sehwag ' date=' well where else can he get a chance to shine once in a while if not against BD in WC or mighty Windies like today ? Sachin deliberately opts out of these trivial matches so that others can have there moments to cherish .[/quote'] Dont know what youre talking about...again Sehwag quite simply doesnt play for stats. Same cannot be said of Sachin - guy was turning down singles against the west indies to get that century in the first test. Let me know when the god of cricket hits 300 in a test. Hell it will be a miracle if he hits 250.
Dont know what youre talking about...again Sehwag quite simply doesnt play for stats. Same cannot be said of Sachin - guy was turning down singles against the west indies to get that century in the first test. Let me know when the god of cricket hits 300 in a test. Hell it will be a miracle if he hits 250.
in McG....mark my words
Dont know what youre talking about...again Sehwag quite simply doesnt play for stats. Same cannot be said of Sachin - guy was turning down singles against the west indies to get that century in the first test. Let me know when the god of cricket hits 300 in a test. Hell it will be a miracle if he hits 250.
the flip side of that is that I have never seen Sehwag play according to the situation as well. You have him going for a dangerous /risky shots when India are in a bad position. and there is nothing wrong in wanted a 100. I saw the Sri lankans doing all they could to ensure Chandimal for a 100.
the flip side of that is that I have never seen Sehwag play according to the situation as well. You have him going for a dangerous /risky shots when India are in a bad position.
That is so true, especially in Tests where we have seen him let the team down in the 2nd innings only to put pressure on our famed middle order (SRT, VVS and RD). Another discussion for another day on another thread.

all i am saying is SRT and Sehwag are different types of players. When Sachin scored the 200 v Sa he started out as an anchor then exploded. What for me stood out about the Sachin innings was how he paced it from being an anchor to being to smashing the crap out of the bowling. Its that transfer of responsibility and knowing when to attack. Sehwag is attack attack attack. You know what good luck to him as well. every team needs a sehwag and every team needs a sachin. Different players in different roles.

Yes Sehwag plays for the team like he did against the Lankans in the Finals ' date=' doesnt care about the wicket or situation of the match and only wants to slog at any cost . If Sehwag is selfless due to his mindless slogging then Afridi is the most selfless and Honest Cricketer ever .[/quote'] Genius let me explain something to you Sehwag's style of play is one of the major reasons India became the #1 test side. Remember all those years where SRT was McGrath's bunny? When asked by journalists why he - Sehwag has no problem hitting McGrath he repied he "never sees the bowler just the ball". You criticize that score in the finals but conviently forget that he cause Umar Gul brain damage in the Semi-finals so that he couldnt even bowl his full quota and was throwing no balls. He plays his game and sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Same with SRT and every other player. Dont get me wrong SRT is a great player but the majority of the reason for India's sucess the last 7-8 years is the introduction of players like sehwag yuvraj dhoni etc. SRT had very little to do with India's success in the last 10 years and is way past he amazing ability in the 90s.
Yes Sehwag plays for the team like he did against the Lankans in the Finals ' date=' doesnt care about the wicket or situation of the match and only wants to slog at any cost . If Sehwag is selfless due to his mindless slogging then Afridi is the most selfless and Honest Cricketer ever .[/quote'] Agree completely. Sehwag bats the same way, irrespective of the situation. Be it a WC final or be it a 5 a side with his son's friends. That gets to me, because you'd expect him to be a little more mature. Thing is, he plays to the gallery, to perpetuate this on field persona that he's created for himself. Not really a team player. Sachin, on the other hand, is a team player. having said that, i like them both. Its a feat that India has 2 such batsmen playing at the same time, most other countries will not have batsmen of this calibre in their entire cricketing history. :hatsoff:
Agree completely. Sehwag bats the same way, irrespective of the situation. Be it a WC final or be it a 5 a side with his son's friends. That gets to me, because you'd expect him to be a little more mature. Thing is, he plays to the gallery, to perpetuate this on field persona that he's created for himself. Not really a team player. Sachin, on the other hand, is a team player. having said that, i like them both. Its a feat that India has 2 such batsmen playing at the same time, most other countries will not have batsmen of this calibre in their entire cricketing history. :hatsoff:
We should be glad that four of the greatest five Indian batsmen ever (including Dravid and Laxman) are playing in the same era instead of tis useless fighting. I mean if both Viru and SRT had not scored doubles then Anwar bhai would not have gone out of top 3. :--D
Agree completely. Sehwag bats the same way, irrespective of the situation. Be it a WC final or be it a 5 a side with his son's friends. That gets to me, because you'd expect him to be a little more mature. Thing is, he plays to the gallery, to perpetuate this on field persona that he's created for himself. Not really a team player. Sachin, on the other hand, is a team player. having said that, i like them both. Its a feat that India has 2 such batsmen playing at the same time, most other countries will not have batsmen of this calibre in their entire cricketing history. :hatsoff:
its sehwag's natural game. I would not have it any other way. I would say a side is better off with different types of batsman right? Variety is great