Adelaide Test Pre match and Selection discussion thread

Magneto

yeah' date=' you can blame us, the core pathetic fans. You can't brush aside media influence on our society, culture and our way of living. We believe what we hear and see. I'm sure you or me neither are exceptions to it. Had n't media set the expectations, we did n't go through this emotional melodrama. Do we really care or boil our blood when we don't win any olympic medals? No, media does n't care what's happening out there and put in the olympic news in 1 or 2 paragrahs buried somewhere inside that you can't even see..[/quote'] lol.... first of all media isnt playing .. so u cant blame them and losing 4-0 there cant be no excuses this time around media did nothing wrong or bad maybe tendulkar's hundred but even that u cant blame cos tendulkr has played ll through his life under pressure i would ve blamed media in world cup semi final but wht they re doing now is nothing..more over all countries in the world have media itsn ot jsut sepcial for us its professional sports if u cant handle the pressure udont deserve to play for ur country!

What's media got to do with it? Winning or losing is the reflection of one's hard work and ability, not because others are praising or criticizing you. And once you get to this kind of professional level, mental toughness matters the most.. to hang in there when the chips are down. I am afraid, our dismal performance is more about lack of preparation and foresight by BCCI, in addition to the collective failure of the team.

I know we discussed at length but I feel the primary reasons for the defeat is our sycophants media who always project mountain out of molehill with our legends. We, the fan got carried away with the news and engage equally with media in adulating our so called legends. It's the media that should be banned from cricketing news , then we, as cricket should improve. I hate our media, media, media.... I can provide 100s of examples how media ruined our cricketers with false fame and cheap flattery. Its not our captain, batsman or anyone.. Share your thoughts.
:confused: So, you are saying that if our media hadn't reported on the entire Aus Test series our captain and our batsmen would have won us the games? :hmmm: Makes a lot of intuitive sense. After all, even while batting, at the crease, and Bret Lee is charging in, our Batsmen are thinking about what interview to next give the ToI and the reports on supernatural powers they saw on India TV. Crude analogy- The media is like a mirror. Sometimes it may be like a crazy mirror, the ones you have at Essel world, that distort the image at the ends or elongate/shrink the image. But essentially, the mirror shows you what is. If you look in the mirror and don't see what you like, the right thing to do is have a rhinoplasty performed on yourself. Breaking the mirror is not the solution.

I sometimes wonder where do fans like the OP actually come up with all these conjectures yet fails to see the core problem. Sensational journalism sells like sex & funny comics. Media will always try to exploit the angle that might interest the consumers. This however has nothing to do with India's failures overseas since eon. We never yearn to do better outside our comfort zone simply because we satisfy ourselves with meaningless wins on the home soil. The 'chalta hai' attitude that defines our weak aggression not only applies to terrorism, everyday lives in India but now to cricket as well.

Why blame the media? No doubt the our Media is the type who will sell their own mother for TV ratings but that is true of media everywhere. Our players played like crap and we lost. Their performance in the last 7 overseas Tests was worse than the expectation of the most pessimistic Indian supporter. We can only speculate on the reasons...but its go nothing to do with the media

Jarmila Gajdosova equally pathetically blamed the media to some extent for her first round loss at the Australian Open yesterday. Is it the media's fault she is so mentally soft? Is it the media's fault Indian team is so mentally fragile? Winners are grinners, losers (and their supporters) look to throw blame around.

Your media doesn't contribute to the mental fragility of India, or their incredibly poor technique on seaming wickets. If they are influenced by utopian fantasies perpetuated by the Indian media, then they are in even worse shape than first thought. Rule number 1. Don't take anything the papers say seriously. Good or bad.

:confused: So, you are saying that if our media hadn't reported on the entire Aus Test series our captain and our batsmen would have won us the games? :hmmm: Makes a lot of intuitive sense. After all, even while batting, at the crease, and Bret Lee is charging in, our Batsmen are thinking about what interview to next give the ToI and the reports on supernatural powers they saw on India TV. Crude analogy- The media is like a mirror. Sometimes it may be like a crazy mirror, the ones you have at Essel world, that distort the image at the ends or elongate/shrink the image. But essentially, the mirror shows you what is. If you look in the mirror and don't see what you like, the right thing to do is have a rhinoplasty performed on yourself. Breaking the mirror is not the solution.
:nono: Not crude at all.. It is just a matter of time before someone at MIT/Hvd plagiarizes your master piece and goes on to win the Nobel prize.
I know we discussed at length but I feel the primary reasons for the defeat is our sycophants media who always project mountain out of molehill with our legends. We, the fan got carried away with the news and engage equally with media in adulating our so called legends. It's the media that should be banned from cricketing news , then we, as cricket should improve. I hate our media, media, media.... I can provide 100s of examples how media ruined our cricketers with false fame and cheap flattery. Its not our captain, batsman or anyone.. Share your thoughts.
Please share 10 examples first. Did they tell Weenie Kumar that he bowls at 150k because of which he ran in like Shoaib Akhtar and bowled at the speed of Geoff Boycott's grandmom eventually leading to his lacklustre performance? Something of that sort?
Please share 10 examples first. Did they tell Weenie Kumar that he bowls at 150k because of which he ran in like Shoaib Akhtar and bowled at the speed of Geoff Boycott's grandmom eventually leading to his lacklustre performance? Something of that sort?
:hysterical::hysterical: And Slower than Jhulan Goswami
:hysterical::hysterical: And Slower than Jhulan Goswami
I'll pick Jhulan over Weenie anyday. From cricinfo: Goswami's strength lies in the fact that she generates movement off the pitch when she lands the ball on the seam and is now the fastest female bowler in the world, bowling at 120kph. Bengal is becoming the hotbed for phaast bowling nowadays - both male and female :yay:
I hate our media, media, media.... I can provide 100s of examples how media ruined our cricketers with false fame and cheap flattery. Its not our captain, batsman or anyone.. Share your thoughts.
So the fact that a team that is on a 7 loss streak away from home isn't to blame. A team that has so far managed to only win 5 or 6 sessions in 3 test matches isn't to blame. Batsmen who have repeated failed innings after innings and go out to schoolboy prods outside off-stump aren't to blame. Bowlers who can not build pressure because they continually provide at least one loose delivery an over aren't to blame. A captain who is so bereft of ideas that opposing batsmen probably have a better idea of what he's going to do next than what he does. No the media is to blame, after all they only critise repeated failures by players who are underperforming. They are the ones who tell them the can't play so they believe it. Come on pull your head out of the sand and realise that they are lazy when on tour and seem to show more interest in sightseeing than they do in practice.