Satyamev Jayate - Aamir Khan's first TV show

ViruRulez

lol at people getting antsy about how much money aamir is making. Aamir is as big a star in India as his equivalent in Bulgaria. But there's only so much soap you can sell in Bulgaria. In India you can sell about a thousand times more. More revenue from selling, more profits go to the one who can get people to watch your ads. it's not his fault, it's a function of our population and economy. Things are looking good for people in business and our population is huge.

There are certain things which are missed due to sensational reporting by our esteemed news channels. Even if we do know these issues - repeatability is not bad. I don't think even the program sees itself as an "Change India" movement. The motive is different - disseminating information in a manner which everyone is able to understand. I see nothing wrong in that.
I am not against program. The problem is until we people of India change our mentality and thought process, no program will do anything. We will only singing praises of people in it for good service for the society but wont do anything regarding the issues talked about. Let us see if there are any changes around. Did you see how Khap Panchayats and Doctors lashed back at Aamir? If this is the mentality, how would there be any change? People don't accept what was wrong in them. This program will show us the issues in there, but I doubt it will change anything. If it was the case Ramayan, the most watched praised program, would have changed humanity in India.

This kind of shows only highlights how uneducated really India is. If a "star" or someone famous does anything, say anything, it is taken seriously and people start following it. But when the governments and many other social groups who have been trying to give the same message for years (unlike this show which is just for months), it all goes unheard.

I am not against program. The problem is until we people of India change our mentality and thought process, no program will do anything. We will only singing praises of people in it for good service for the society but wont do anything regarding the issues talked about. Let us see if there are any changes around. Did you see how Khap Panchayats and Doctors lashed back at Aamir? If this is the mentality, how would there be any change? People don't accept what was wrong in them. This program will show us the issues in there, but I doubt it will change anything. If it was the case Ramayan, the most watched praised program, would have changed humanity in India.
I understand what you're trying to convey but you aren't exactly proposing a solution either. So, you are as much as fault as the people you are blaming for. Didn't you see "any" change after the show? There were many ripple effects and you could find them on the Internet. Some of these have been even shared on this thread.

This kind of shows only highlights how uneducated really India is. If a "star" or someone famous does anything, say anything, it is taken seriously and people start following it. But when the governments and many other social groups who have been trying to give the same message for years (unlike this show which is just for months), it all goes unheard.
Partly true. Messages do get across and people do "hear and act" upon these but the impact is lesser. A known person can magnify these effects and can help fast-track things. I don't see any problem with that.

Partly true. Messages do get across and people do "hear and act" upon these but the impact is lesser. A known person can magnify these effects and can help fast-track things. I don't see any problem with that.
Not really true. Honestly, the government has tried to do many good things but as always the implementation has failed. And it is these kinds of shows which really provide a better implementation platform to resolve the issues. But the implication is clear as well, anybody famous doing bad things can again influence the majority.

Not really true. Honestly, the government has tried to do many good things but as always the implementation has failed. And it is these kinds of shows which really provide a better implementation platform to resolve the issues. But the implication is clear as well, anybody famous doing bad things can again influence the majority.
If the implementation has failed the government needs to be pulled up for it not the people or Aamir Khan, mind you!

If the implementation has failed the government needs to be pulled up for it not the people or Aamir Khan' date=' mind you![/quote'] Not really. After all, it is us people who are "reluctant" to accept these new measures as there is no benefits to us as individuals. Leading to the problem where everyone just talks about what is in it for me? We are much to blame as well.

for those advocating SMJ,there have been such shows n debates before on DD n various news channels,how many did u watch?but since its Aamir,we should watch SMJ n if we dont we r Aamir hater,India hater,society also those saying Aamir doing a noble job rather than gameshows,the gameshows like KBC give people hefty so that they lead thier lives better.isnt that charity in a way?then there r big stars invited on the show n wen they win,the amount goes to charity.of all the episodes I have watched,SMJ have donated nothing to charity.it only asks people to donate. SMJ just provides information in 1.5 hours that I can have reading newspaper in 15 minutes,so why the hell should I watch this show?as other said common people cant make much difference even if they agree with the show.we all know the issues,but cant/wont do anything about them .its for the govt to do n show should be shown to them. my uncle sells pesticides,now would he stop selling it bcoz of the show?no.but if govt takes action n bans production of pesticides would the situation improve.

For all of Aamir's mastery over public reactions, he has got this one totally wrong. He should start his show by exposing a particular domain but always always end it with some of the positive things happening in that very sector. That would have immensely helped the show I think. But hey, I watched only the first show, so perhaps he has started doing so?

For all of Aamir's mastery over public reactions' date=' he has got this one totally wrong. He should start his show by exposing a particular domain but always always end it with [b']some of the positive things happening in that very sector. That would have immensely helped the show I think. But hey, I watched only the first show, so perhaps he has started doing so?
He does mention the NGOs and people who are helping about the problems.